Luga
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 18
Posted: 7/10/2018 at 3:58 AM Post #21
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=59854&page=2#20
Author: Vermontvampyre
Time Posted: 7/10/2018 at 2:09 AM
As a new player reading through this entire thing and seeing that its not just NEW players that are facing down the same issues i am? It validates what i'm experiencing.

The "Megazone" aka Lost Grove is stupidly hard. The pets drop the items you need so little that I could probably still be trying to build my first building this time next year.

The events, while the idea behind them is great, are so poorly executed as to be laughable. When I complained about the most recent Patriotic event not only did I feel brushed off by Krin, who apparently is the ONLY person working on anything on this site (dude this is a dang business...most businesses have multiple people working at them) who pretty much made me feel that "filthy casuals weren't worth the time". Like for real an event should be easily playable as a new casual player the same as a devoted older player. On top of this Krin apparently has a bunch of attack dog players who attacked ME when I said that I felt like most of the top players of the event were most likely teenagers OR childless adults OR people who were focusing entirely on this game.

Add to it that after you use your freebie scanners and genetic testers the only way to get more is to spend real money to buy them? this game starts stinking of pay to win where the admin only cares about where the next dollop of cash is coming from...not a game where the admin actually cares enough about the people who play it to actually give them the best game they can.

To rectify all these issues the key thing would be hiring extra coders and artists to help with everything.
You need a team to bring the old half of the site to the same as the new half. A team of artists can be used to update any and all art. if you hire enough you can have both a team of each fixing that which is wrong and a team of each bringing out new enjoyable content.

I mean it struck me as odd that we weren't able to get our garden pets the moment the event ended or even a few hours after because Krin "had to write the code" ...any game worth its salt would have had the code written BEFORE the event went live. All Krin should of had to do was flick the switch in the code to actually run the script?

The thing that i feel needs to be worked on the most is the learning curve between the new zones where you walk around (especially Lost Grove) and the old text based style of exploring that the first 2 zones has. I blew through those in like 3 days with my casual playing and then through the 2 subzones of the 3rd zone in like the same amount of time. However, I haven't even gotten a single barracks building built because except for branches and a few bandit items NOTHING is dropping and the enemies are so hard I spend half my actual time playing in the barracks healing. From the talking I've done with other players having a team of max stats with at least the exotic LG stuff should make it easier there....but as a new player I don't have the money for stables/stable tabs and all the philters and stuff to get myself a Max stat nor do i have the money to BUY them from other players (I was gifted ONE by a lovely player ...but one won't do much on a team of 3). Of course the easiest way to get all this money is to send off missions (great if you can remember to) and by selling off the spare drops you get from the level 60+ zones. Which of course is pretty much a catch 22. I need to fight in Lost Grove to make the money i need to buy the pets that enable me to easily fight in Lost Grove.

Lost Grove should be easy enough that a newb of level 60 should be able to face it without much effort...as it was I was leaving the grove every 5 or 6 battles for healing at level 60 ....that is NOT conducive to keeping a client base past Zones 1&2

Edit: Read through everything again (mainly skimmed the first time) and gotta say I am 1000000000% agreeing with everything @Nightfeathers has said. No one should have to feel physical pain while trying to enjoy a festival which is EXACTLY what happened to me. I'm at the point where I just want Krin to code an animation of my the forest sprite shrieking in agony after my fire pet sets it on fire -.-

Please don't call people dog. That's pretty rude and unnecessary.
Lauradrakkyn
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 4
Posted: 9/21/2018 at 9:32 PM Post #22
Oh geez. Okay. I'm not gonna be anywhere near as eloquent as a lot of the people who have added to this thread, but I'll try, I guess?

The New Website
What? I didn't even know this was happening. How long has it been going on? I feel like it's rather a large problem that many players like me didn't even know of something as big as this. Shouldn't it be a little more obvious?

The Megazone
Oh boy. OH boy. I have... a LOT to say about the Megazone. Not all of it is bad, though! Not in the slightest! It's really, really pretty and it has a lot of good qualities. However, like pretty much everyone who has added to this thread has stated, I do NOT like the grinding. Some grinding is okay, and I even think it's pretty fun in small doses! But the Lost Grove is literally ALL grinding. Be it for materials or experience points, you have to grind for all of it. Normally, with strategy, you can get by in all the other areas without grinding. It's optional. Not so in the Lost Grove. In the Lost Grove, it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to do anything without having insane amounts of XP, which, another thing, take insane amounts of time to get. With how hard the battles were for me at first, even just facing down a forest sprite, I feel like I'm definitely being cheated in that department. And for the resources, what the heck is going on in that department? You need hundreds, if not thousands of materials for every building. I have spent at least a year in the Lost Grove, just working on my first building. At this point, I'm only continuing out of self spite. I don't think the Megazone should be removed, far from it! I've spent too much time on it for all that to be wasted by its deletion. I just think a lot of things should be changed.

The Festivals
I'm actually in favor of the festivals. There are a few minor things I think could be improved, but overall I think they're a nice touch. I'm always in favor of getting new, cool looking pets, and the zones are unique enough that it doesn't get boring too quickly! And, of course, they make it much easier to level up, which you can't do in the Megazone.

The Ferriki
They had a rough start, they really did. But now that they're finally here I am PUMPED. They're so cute! My only problem with them is that they only appear in the wild in the Lost Grove. All of my issues seem to link back to the Megazone, somehow...

The Art
As an artist myself, I know how frustrating it is to spend time and effort on pieces and then only get criticism. It absolutely SUCKS. But Krin, it kinda seems like you aren't getting your money's worth from the artists you're paying right now? It's still amazing, of course, but I feel like you aren't getting everything you should be.

The Attitude
I am not at all active on the forums a lot of the time, so I have absolutely no idea which side of the argument is correct. I think probably there's a mix of both, in reality. Maybe (again, I'm just guessing here, and my opinion may be unwelcome in which case by all means tell me to ****** off) you don't listen to the players as much as you should, but then again it may be that their attitude isn't great either. I don't know, ultimately.\

If I offended anyone in this post, I apologize. It was not my intention and I'm already feeling bad about it, most likely. Please come yell at me if I did, I'm serious.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.