Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Cumulonimbus
Level 75
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 54
Posted: 4/8/2018 at 1:37 PM Post #1
Introduction
This is a story version of Catlover51018's Enter the Maze! game. I am not the best writer but I was inspired by this game so go easy on me. Most of this is my own work/words and some parts are directly from the game and have been used with Catlover51018's permission. Words in italics are from the game. This work will be updated periodically. I am not the best writer but the game inspired me. Words in italics with quotation marks around them are my thoughts. The narrator's voice is in italics and is bolded.

Please don't post on this thread and if you have any questions, critiques, compliments or suggestions please pm me.

If I have pinged you it is because you seemed to be amused by my reactions to the game.
Edited By Locknkey1 on 4/8/2018 at 2:07 PM.
Cumulonimbus
Level 75
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 4/8/2018 at 1:39 PM Post #2
Prologue: Entering the Maze
It was dark outside, the type of dark that makes you want to hide at home under your blankets. Small lamplights were placed along the path creating little beacons of light and revealing small sections of the shadowed path. Outside of these circles of light almost nothing can be seen. No crickets were chirping, no leaves are rustling, no voices could be heard, it was quiet. The night would be completely silent if not for two soft sets of noises. The soft hum of the lamp lights and a set of footsteps. Two sneakered feet walk along the path, alone except for each other. These feet belong to a teenage boy, almost a man but not quite, who for one reason or another decided to walk on a path in the dead of the night. The teens name was Lock and he was wearing jeans and a soft blue hoodie. He has a dark grey backpack on his back that seems to be half full. The boy was quiet, as if sensing the silence of the night and mimicking it as best as he could.

The boy had no destination in mind and was simply walking. He walked, and walked and walked And then he fell.

AHHHHHHH! The fall was long and dark and the boy screamed the whole way down flailing about. After a few seconds, or was it a few minutes, Lock saw the ground. Or rather, he saw a bush. Lock smashed into the bush and miraculously was unharmed, except for a small paper cut on his left hand. Groaning he stands up and looks around.

Suddenly, a voice says You stumble upon a mysterious maze, but are unable to tell what is inside, or if there is a way around...What will you do?
Edited By Locknkey1 on 4/8/2018 at 5:54 PM.
Cumulonimbus
Level 75
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 4/8/2018 at 1:42 PM Post #3
Chapter 1: The Beginning (Turns 1-6)

Spinning around Lock tries to find the source of the voice but cant find one. There is nothing to see but mist and darkness. He spots a path and starts walking along it. Looking around Lock realizes that even though he is frightened, he is also excited. Nothing like this had ever happened to him and he hoped that this would be the start of a great adventure. Soon he reaches a fork in the road. He sees a straight path that goes up and a path to the right that seems to either have a drop of, or be a hill, but there is no way to be sure

Lock goes straight and after a while he reaches a split in the path. Both paths, right and left are identical. After a moment of hesitation he decides to go to the right. After walking through on the seemingly endless path for no more than twenty seconds, Lock hears a whimper on the other side of the wall. Bracing himself he tries to find where the whimper is coming from.

"I really hope that there aren't any monsters that can whimper in this maze. Oh, well if there are at least my conscience will be clear. "

Lock began to search rapidly for the sound until [he sees] a young female Zolnixi that appears to be harmed. She hears [his] footsteps and whips around, a [glint] of fear in her eyes. Poor thing he murmurs and goes to help her. When he goes over to help her he sees that she is standing guard over a dead male zolnixi. He must have been a family member, how sad. There is a hole next to the fallen nixi and Lock realizes that she must have tried to bury him. Kneeling down Lock starts to dig in the mud, thankful that the ground is soft, with his hands. She shoots a hopeful glance [his] way, then comes over to help. After the hole is sufficiently large enough Lock carefully picks up the dead zolnixi and places him in the hole. Both the zolnixi and Lock gently cover him up, making sure to be as respectful as possible.

After he is buried, Lock softly says a prayer and then stands up. Looking down at the female Zolnixi he says softly Do you want to come with me? She looks down at the grave and then back up at Lock and walks toward him. Ok I guess that means you are coming with me. I am sorry I dont have any medical supplies for you. Lock kneels down and pets her head Hmm, you need a name. What do you think of Ailey? It means light. The zolnixi yips and nuzzles Locks leg. Chuckling, he responds I will take that as a yes then. From now on I will call you Ailey. They decide to continue down the path.

Lock and Ailey walk and walk and walk until their pace slows because they are exhausted from the journey. They want to stop but Lock doesnt think that they should yet. "I am paranoid that monsters will come out and eat us". They walk on until they reach an area where all is calm and there is a small cave. They decide to stop and rest for the night. Lock lays down next to Ailey and prepares to go to sleep. "I hope this isnt a monster cave With that final thought Lock is whisked away to dreamland."
Edited By Locknkey1 on 4/8/2018 at 1:43 PM.
Cumulonimbus
Level 75
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 5/5/2018 at 8:25 PM Post #4
Chapter 2: Another Friend (Turns 6-12)
https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=59379&page=9

Lock was so tired from walking for so long that he slept like a log throughout the night. It wasnt until morning that a strange noise slowly woke him up. It was a deep noise, angry and sounded as if it were forced out of ones throat and through ones teeth. Brushing off the last vestiges of sleep Lock startled awake, realizing that the noise was his zolnixi friend growling. Looking around frantically he sees a small blue tail with a flower on the end poking out of his bag. Ailey, calm down. "Its just a hatchling I doubt that they mean us harm he reasoned with his friend."

Lock stands up and slowly approaches the hatchling. Small crunching noises can be heard from the bag and the backpack seems to wiggle as the hatchling tries to get at all the food inside. Gently opening the bag and pulling the hatchling out Lock tries to get the child to stop eating all their food. When he successfully manages to pull the hatchling out he sees that the hatchling is a female aeridini. She stares at Lock with big blue eyes and he notices that she is very skinny and is in need of something to eat. Smiling softly, he reaches into the bag and pulls out the rest of the food, which turn out to be cookies, and presents them to the aeri to eat. After she ate her fill the aeri goes and sits on Locks lap.

"Do you want to come with us?" The hatchling flapped her wings and bobbed up and down as if nodding. "Well, it seems like you want to come. I should name you like I did Ailey. How about Nephele, Ele for short? What do you think?" The aeri spun around and bumped her gently to Locks stomach. Laughing and placing the aeridini on the ground Lock stood up. "Well it is settled it is nice to meet you Nephele! I hope we all get along well." Lock bent down and picked up his backpack and placed it on his shoulder. Turning to Ailey and Ele he made sure that they were ready and they set off once again on their journey.

While they were walking Lock stopped every once in awhile to look around and try to find a way out. A useless and potentially harmless action, considering the only thing to see was stones, dirt, and mist, endless swirling mist. Every time he stops Ailey paces back and forth, as if agitated and concerned by her humans actions. Sometimes she whimpers and goes ahead and sometimes she pulls on Locks sleeve, urging him ahead. Nephele is quiet as a mouse and is very jumpy, startling at every little noise.

During one of his stops Lock finds a random brick laying on the ground but no walls or buildings in sight. Finding this random brick odd he crouches down to inspect it. It is slightly small, dark red and has no mortar or concrete on it so it doesnt appear to have broken off of a wall. It looks to all appearance to be simply a brick in the middle of nowhere. Deciding that it couldnt hurt to have more protection Lock picked the brick up and placed it in his bag. If wasnt that heavy, especially when you compared it to how much his school bag weighed.

After several very tense minutes Lock tried to find what is making Ailey and Ele uneasy. Since they probably had better senses than him considering the fact that he lived in the suburbs. "What is wrong? I dont see anything, is there something nearby?" Lock asked. There didnt seem to be anything around them, but then again everything was covered in mist and nothing could be seen clearly. Ailey became more and more frantic. She turns to run away but then when she looks back at Lock she begins to cower in fear. Eyes wide Lock spins around to see a giant blue-skinned troll holding a large wooden club above his head, aimed directly at Lock.

Lock tries to run knowing that he has no real combat experience. He makes it a few feet before the troll chases after him. Lock doesnt look back until he hears a soft whimper of pain. He turns around and sees that Ailey is being held by the troll by the scruff roughly. In a fit of rage, he takes out the brick in his bag and flings it with all his might at the trolls face.

"HOW DARE YOU!"

(A/N Why do my quotation notes keep disappearing?)
Edited By Locknkey1 on 5/5/2018 at 8:27 PM.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.