Forum Index > Battle Discussion > Level 70+ Eleane the Duelist
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Roseydove
Level 71
The Dreamer
Threads: 24
Posted: 3/30/2018 at 12:47 AM Post #1
Yeah, I can't come close to beating her no matter what I do. I can't even take down one of the smaller enemies besides her first, pathetically enough. I block all 3 times every time she uses "vanish" but I'm still getting pummeled.

My entire party has maxed stats, and are all level 75 with full matching vinethorn armor.
Strength Warrior
Intelligence Warrior
Health Girl (she is the "tank")

Screenshots of all my proficiencies. (I'm desperate)
What am I doing wrong? Any tips or strategies?

Jdavidc
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 43
Posted: 4/1/2018 at 7:35 AM Post #2
Although the guidance for a light pet seems to indicate that it should be used as a tank, this should really only be done by people who really know what they're doing, and then only against enemies that aren't super-hard boss fights.

Light is purely a healer, and not a viable tank, as it cannot force enemies to attack it, nor does it have abilities to mitigate damage to it beyond block. What you need is something like an earth tank (Health Girl should be Earth), which provides your team with what it is lacking. You already have a light healer; you don't need two.

I do very well with the following setup:

Air - 3 Strength, 2 Dexterity (pretty straightforward)
Light - 3 Intelligence, 2 Dexterity (you will NOT be using light as a tank, and you should focus instead on damage as that is where light's healing power comes from, which means you build it the same way you build a fire pet)
Earth - 3 Health, 2 Agility (2 Health, 3 Agility may actually be better as you get more mitigation, but still a decent amount of health to stay strong).

Also, regarding equipment, here is what I use:
Air - Stormcaller is designed for air pets, and is the best type of armour for them; get stormcaller on your air pet.
Light - Ignore the advice the game gives you, you want Pyromancer (fire) gear on your light healer pet. Lightbringer gear should only be used on a light pet that is also tanking (to a small extent by being in slot 1); it should not be used on a dedicated healer.
Earth - Get Warden gear for your earth tank. Tidal Lord gear is also good, but doesn't offer as much mitigation. Warden gear is best.
Edited By Jdavidc on 4/2/2018 at 2:19 AM.
Roseydove
Level 71
The Dreamer
Posted: 4/1/2018 at 11:28 PM Post #3
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=59405&page=1#2
Author: Jdavidc
Time Posted: 4/1/2018 at 7:35 AM
Although the guidance for a light pet seems to indicate that it should be used as a tank, this should really only be done by people who really know what they're doing, and then only against enemies that aren't super-hard boss fights.

Light is purely a healer, and not a viable tank, as it cannot force enemies to attack it, nor does it have abilities to mitigate damage to it beyond block. What you need is something like an earth tank (Health Girl should be Earth), which provides your team with what it is lacking. You already have a light healer; you don't need two.

I do very well with the following setup:

Air - 3 Strength, 2 Dexterity (pretty straightforward)
Light - 3 Intelligence, 2 Dexterity (you will NOT be using light as a tank, and you should focus instead on damage as that is where light's healing power comes from, which means you build it the same way you build a fire pet)
Earth - 3 Health, 2 Agility (2 Health, 3 Agility may actually be better as you get more mitigation, but still a decent amount of health to stay strong).

Also, regarding equipment, here is what I use:
Air - Stormcaller is designed for air pets, and is the best type of armour for them; get stormcaller on your air pet.
Light - Ignore the advice the game gives you, you want Pyromancer (fire) gear on your light healer pet. Lightbringer gear should only be used on a light pet that is also tanking (to a small extent by being in slot 1); it should not be used on a dedicated healer.
Earth - Get Warden gear for your earth tank. Tidal Lord gear is also good, but doesn't offer as much mitigation. Warden gear is best.
Thank you for your reply!
I will switch Health Girl to earth right now. Thanks for all your tips. I will try them, thanks!
Roseydove
Level 71
The Dreamer
Posted: 4/2/2018 at 12:03 AM Post #4
I've beaten her finally! Your advice helped, thank you so much!!

I'm still missing a couple pieces of the correct gear, but now it should not take long at all. :)
Jdavidc
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 43
Posted: 4/2/2018 at 2:59 AM Post #5
You're welcome, glad my advice helped. :D
LordToad
Level 65
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 60
Posted: 4/2/2018 at 6:34 PM Post #6
Id also like to mention ThAnk yOu!! Ive always been confused on what amor to put on and this really helped, everything was even on the broker too which made things a lot easier! Now I've gotta restart my streak after losing a battle this evening x3 (ruined my parties perfect score ;-; Im going to cry about that for a while)

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.