Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,117
Posted: 1/20/2013 at 6:47 AM Post #1
We have adjusted the reward system for Dynamic Events:

-A minimum requirement of either a certain number of enemies defeated or battles won is required to earn the rewards. This minimum requirement is based upon the top 5 contributors for the event. The more that they contribute, the more that is required to earn a reward.
-If you earn a reward, you can earn bonus rewards (up to a maximum of 3), for defeating more enemies. A "threshold" is calculated based upon the top 5 contributors for the event. Each time you surpass the threshold, you earn an additional reward.
-You can now earn Badges from participating in events for regions that have Badges (meaning, Umbra Forest events only at this time).

We hope this new system will be considered more fair, balanced, and dynamic. It also rewards those who contribute more towards the event.
Lilaclipgloss
Level 60
Threads: 23
Posted: 1/20/2013 at 6:53 PM Post #2
That makes it hard for the people who can't easily finish battles to even do enough to earn the minimum prize. For instance this last one I was BARELY able to finish 2 battles and there are only about 10 battles left for everyone to take part in.

It makes it pointless to even try to participate because I spend more gold buying heals for my pets than I make during the battles. At least a garrenteed prize means there is a CHANCE to cut my losses. It is becoming worthless to do these for me specifically because even with missions I don't make enough to cover the costs I am earning to expand my game experience.

/end personal opinion
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 1/20/2013 at 6:57 PM Post #3
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 3/29/2024 at 1:45:47am

That makes it hard for the people who can't easily finish battles to even do enough to earn the minimum prize. For instance this last one I was BARELY able to finish 2 battles and there are only about 10 battles left for everyone to take part in.

It makes it pointless to even try to participate because I spend more gold buying heals for my pets than I make during the battles. At least a garrenteed prize means there is a CHANCE to cut my losses. It is becoming worthless to do these for me specifically because even with missions I don't make enough to cover the costs I am earning to expand my game experience.

/end personal opinion

@Lilaclipgloss,

Which event were you barely able to do 2 battles in?

The Saerielle event lasts almost an hour. The Bandit Raid lasts about 20 minutes. The only short event is the Myconid one and the requirement for that will either be 1 or 2 enemies.

Edit: For this past event, the requirement was 11 enemies or 5 battles I believe. In total, about ~25-30 people participated and there are 1000 enemies to be killed.
Edited By 1 on 1/20/2013 at 6:58 PM.
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 1/20/2013 at 7:00 PM Post #4
Quote From:

/end personal opinion

Taking a look at your pets currently in your party...they are in their 40s and you're still using lvl 20 blues and stuff on them. Do you not have any gear at all to give them? Would help significantly if you are having issues killing things.
Lilaclipgloss
Level 60
Threads: 23
Posted: 1/20/2013 at 7:02 PM Post #5
Quote From:

@Lilaclipgloss,

Which event were you barely able to do 2 battles in?

The Saerielle event lasts almost an hour. The Bandit Raid lasts about 20 minutes. The only short event is the Myconid one and the requirement for that will either be 1 or 2 enemies.

Edit: For this past event, the requirement was 11 enemies or 5 battles I believe. In total, about ~25-30 people participated and there are 1000 enemies to be killed.

I guess I came in for the last 260 wave I think it was, and only managed to finish 2 battles (with two deaths) killing 4 enemies so I didn't realize it was an hour long. I am used to the usual counts, I suppose.

I still feel like the players who are basically end-game being the deciders of every other player is a little unfair.

Edit:
Yes, most of my gear is low because I got my first level 35 piece just about an hour ago.
Edited By 756 on 1/20/2013 at 7:04 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 1/20/2013 at 7:06 PM Post #6
Well like I said, the event had 1004 enemies in it and spanned 55 minutes. And the requirement for a reward was only to kill 11 enemies or win 5 battles.

The "requirement system" is pretty necessary, as many many people were just killing 1 enemy at the beginning of an event and doing nothing more for the rest of the event and getting rewarded. That isn't fair to those who contribute.

So the only fair way is something that scales with the event and so I came up with an equation to figure it out. And it's pretty lenient, for the last event with 25ish participants you just had to contribute a little over 1% to earn a legendary satchel.

And as Faiona said, if you're having trouble defeating enemies, make sure to keep your pet's gear on par with their level. If you can't, then I suggest using lower level pets for Events since the enemy's level scales to your pet's levels.
Edited By 1 on 1/20/2013 at 7:06 PM.
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 1/20/2013 at 7:08 PM Post #7
I sent you a bunch of lvl 35-40 gear that I had in my inventory that I wasn't using.

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.