Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Battle Discussion > nightfall captains and ancient ents
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Snowcrystal
Level 61
Threads: 175
Posted: 2/24/2018 at 3:26 PM Post #1
i've been in the lost grove for a while but cannot defeat the two in the title. okay actually i defeated the tree thing once (it was like, my first opponent; randomly spawned in front of me), but later on got my butt kicked. Any tips?
Soujun
Level 68
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 9
Posted: 2/26/2018 at 11:28 AM Post #2
First off, I'm not in any way a battle expert so I'd say to take what I say with a grain of salt.

Good point first, your current party as an updated gear that's good ! I'm not sure your point repartition is efficient however. We have a team similar in terms of elements since you have shadow, light and water while I have shadow, light and fire. I'd suggest moving some points to strength/intel for your light and water pets, so they can hit with more power. Once you have changed points, try to battle against a weaker opponent and see if you're comfortable with it and how well/bad they do.

For the ents, the only special thing I do is block when it's going to use Wrathful Fury, I usually take "only" around 1 000 damage while if I don't, it adds up to something closer to 2 000. I then try my best to defeat it before it has too much of "fury" stacked up because it hits hard ! I almost got wiped out the first time I went against one.

As for the captains, boy do I hate those. I still have a hard time with them and end up using potions and at least one revival elixir on my team. I also have to switch them around during the fight if I don't want us to be killed. I have no tip on my own but feel free to check out this board here : https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=57484&page=1#5 .

In the end, my main suggestion would be to level up some more before going after one of them again, it's bothersome but better than being wiped out anytime you attempt to win against them. Do the dungeon of the forsaken if you're not doing it already because it awards a lot of XPs.
My last advice, if you can afford them (and don't have some already) would be to buy and train a team of max stated pets. You're not going to be invincible with them, but it certainly helps a lot.

Hope that helps a little, good luck !
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 3/7/2018 at 11:49 PM Post #3
If you still need help, 18ieties made a good guide on the elites and named you will meet in the lost grove: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=57833

otherwise, the only other thing I think you can try, would be to change one of your pet's proficiency to an "attack" type.

Currently, all of your pets are more of healing/defence, which would mean that battling will take a longer time. Which is not good for these two opponents. Captains can block and heal, so you'll need to cause sufficient damage in between their healings. Ents gain furies which stack and cause huge damage, so the longer the battle, the more damage you'll receive.

Edit: also for ents, watch out for the eye symbol, and get your pets to block that turn, else you'll get a huge damage and 5 turn stun. They usually hit your main pet, but occasionally do hit the others as well.
Edited By Wonderfulb2uty on 3/7/2018 at 11:51 PM.
Snowcrystal
Level 61
Posted: 3/8/2018 at 12:54 AM Post #4
I did try using an attack pet before (Sandy), but it didn't do much, so i tried using a healing/defense party. Also, i've read from a few guides (including that one) and it said when it had the special thing you had to block, and i did that, but it pretty much made no difference, so, yeah :(

but for now, im just gonna continue leveling up my pets
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Posted: 3/8/2018 at 1:39 AM Post #5
Hmm... I think an issue might be how you allocate your proficiency points. I noticed all your pets have all their points in health. That means that the attack and healing buffs won't be very strong...

Besides your tank, I'll suggest the rest have maybe 1 health, and the rest in strength/intelligence. For an attack pet, strength/intelligence and dexterity, would increase the damage and chance of critical hits. This would let your party deal more damage, and your healing buffs heal more points each time.

For the block, when you say it didn't make a difference, you're referring to the result of the overall battle, or that your pets still get stunned?
Snowcrystal
Level 61
Posted: 3/8/2018 at 8:45 PM Post #6
Oh. Ok! Thanks!

My pets still get stunned and hit and all
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Posted: 3/8/2018 at 9:20 PM Post #7
Hmm... Did you have mana when you block? I think you need 10 mana for the block to work. I've not had any issue with blocking the 5 turn stun, so long as you have at least 10mana.

Maybe the next time you fight them keep an eye on your mana? Don't use the special moves unless you have at least 10mana remaining after the turn. So you can always block when necessary.

You'll still suffer some damage, but it'll be greatly reduced, and you shouldn't get stunned.

If you have sufficient mana when blocking, and still get stunned, then I'm not too sure what the issue would be... =/
Snowcrystal
Level 61
Posted: 3/9/2018 at 7:48 AM Post #8
i did have mana, but i still get stunned :(

Otherwise, oh well. I'll go train in the DoF or Astryl's Vale for now

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.