Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 86
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 6:35 PM Post #101

Golden Breeds
Breeding Column
By Crow 'Cinder' Fall

=============================================================

Breeding is a great way to get new pets, mutations and genes can be passed on. Many people have started selective breeding to make certain projects a reality. Many are new to the process, while old players take spotlight. Many projects were created and are still being made to this day. New or old, breeding is for everyone.

Breeding is one of the biggest fundamentals of Sylestia. It is a way to get new pets and the thrill of finding new genes is always exiting. However, what is popular in this realm, is Breeding Projects. These projects are difficult to progress in as it takes time, money, and stable space. Nevertheless, Its a thrill and risk we all enjoy to take.

New or old, there are many Breeding projects. One of the newest projects found on Sylestia is the Star Breather Ryori[Fig.1] project designed by Watercolors.

[Fig.1]

The Star Breather is a great example of a long term breeding project. However, there are a few aspects that still require a players touch. Breeders will ask for other players help in aiding them with their project by giving away offspring of the final project in return for philters, essences, pet dyes, or pets needed to finish the project.

Many breeders start with the genes of the final project. Breeding down genes in two different bloodlines is difficult, but the success of such feats are incredible.

Manipulation of genes and colors is difficult, and those who are new do not have access to new stables, as they require gems to buy. But if you still desire to take on the challenge of becoming a breeder, dont just take my word for it. Here is an interview with Watercolors, the creator or the Star Breather Ryori.

(Bold=Crow;Italic=Watercolors)
-What inspired you to design the Star Breather Ryori?

I believe I wanted to make a red and gold design for Christmas time, but it has been a long time

-What species do you like designing the most? Why?

Kelpari. I love their shading and the way their colors work in the slots. It is easy to make a kelpari that has an aesthetic appearance

-Why do you like designing?

It is calming and pleasing to the eye. It is another form of art. I am given the option to express my thoughts and emotions through color on a pre made base.

-Which design(s) are your favorite? Why?

Designs that use natural colors, or exotic colors in a natural way. Like these

-Do you have any tips for breeders with projects they wish to or are starting to begin?
Keep every baby at first. Name them for their traits. This will make it easier to breed eggs in the future without going into your stables and looking through them individually. Keep your space clean, release what you don't need. Make sure you are devoted because projects are long and hard and if you don't love your design you might not want to finish it.

EXTRA EXTRA
New Code or Old Code?
Though the experiment has ended, Breeding Cooldowns was the talk of the town the past week. Breeding cooldowns is when a male sylesti has three chances to breed within a day. It then takes approximately one-and-a-half days for the male to recover one cooldown. Once the cooldown is recovered, the male can breed again. For female sylesties, the process is a bit more complicated.

Females can have three children with no problem. For every child leading to the tenth child she has, there is a 12 hour recovery time. When she has her tenth and eleventh child have a 24 hour recovery time. Finally, from the twelfth child onward, the recovery time extends to twelve days per child.

The update was permanently removed later on due to the community having a strong opinion. A lot of stress and anxiety rose from the announcement. Rest assured, the code has been removed.

============================================================

--Thats my report, Crow signing out!--
CeruleanCrow
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 86
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 6:36 PM Post #102
I did my best ;w;
Everlost
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 116
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 8:05 PM Post #103
Hi! I just wanted to pop in (I'm the original tst creator btw) and say I think this is a cool idea! I'm glad this is getting rebooted tbh. I considered trying it again myself, but honestly it's a bit too much work for me right now and I'd have to downgrade it a lot from what it used to be.

I hope this turns out well! Let me know if you have any questions abt the old newspaper or would like some tips and such.
Galaxyrose
Level 66
Cutely Creative
Threads: 54
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 10:35 PM Post #104
Awesome! Welcome to the group :D
I'm writing a newbie column right now :3, and sylestia funnies is an amazing idea! (Yes Som, I think you are going to like this Owo)
All three of your choices seem great, need to go and update that staff thread :3
If you could go through the articles so far and see if there are any grammatical mistakes that'd be great~
I'm currently trying to put together my article about MZ and newbies as well as finish prep for my test so Im definitely with you~

--
Edit: Griff, do you think you could do some research and compose an article on battling tips?
Edited By Galaxyrose on 2/23/2018 at 10:44 PM.
Galaxyrose
Level 66
Cutely Creative
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 10:35 PM Post #105
That sounds awesome!
Welcome to the group~
I really need to go and update that staff thread :3
Edited By Galaxyrose on 2/23/2018 at 10:36 PM.
Galaxyrose
Level 66
Cutely Creative
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 10:37 PM Post #106
This looks amazing Owo
Great job!!
-------
@Shayni would it be alright for you to start taking some of the articles and formatting them?
Galaxyrose
Level 66
Cutely Creative
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 10:38 PM Post #107
Hello everlost~
Thank you so very much, we will try our best to make it the best we can :)
I'd love some tips on the newspaper!
Thisby
Level 20
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 74
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 10:44 PM Post #108
Ignore
Edited By Thisby on 2/23/2018 at 10:44 PM.
Galaxyrose
Level 66
Cutely Creative
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 10:50 PM Post #109
Dragon, I just saw chicos name on your artists article :3
And I wanted to tell you all we have an official banner :D

Designed by none other than the amazing Chicolinsky herself :)

@Shayni, do you think you can incorporate this banner in the times cover?
Edited By Galaxyrose on 2/23/2018 at 10:50 PM.
Griffinquill
Level 60
Ghost Writer
Threads: 124
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 11:01 PM Post #110
Sure, I could try and write an article on that. I'm glad you liked my comics idea. The comics are my favorite thing about newspapers in real life.
Also, how would you like me to go about editing people's articles?
Edited By Griffinlokison on 2/23/2018 at 11:20 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12... 24, 25, 26
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.