Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > MBTI club
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Nafila
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 143
Posted: 1/19/2018 at 6:44 PM Post #1
Hey I haven't seen much people talk about MBTI here :0 Sadly I'm obsessed with it
What is MBTI?
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is an assessment that is believed to measure psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and how they make decisions. Basically it's a test you take your personality type.

Take the test here:https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

*Disclaimer: It's fine if you don't believe in these type of things*
You can also post MBTI info,memes or anything MBTI related here

My result:

Members:
1. Nafila (INFP/INFJ)
2.Junco EN(T/F)J
3.Enyo INFP (ENFP/INTP)
4.Galaxyrose IN(T/F)P

Ping List
Edited By Nafila on 2/9/2018 at 8:08 AM.
Junco
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 29
Posted: 1/19/2018 at 7:13 PM Post #2
MBTI is fun as heck. It's an interesting tool to use to help you understand your thinking habits and behavioral preferences. It's got some good terminology. However, it should not be taken too seriously, and many of its criticisms are valid.

When I was in high school, they made us take the MBTI in our "Career Development" class, which was axed the year after I took it. Then, I scored INTP, and I think it accurately described me then. However, once I hit college, I noticed a gradual change in my sociability.

Since about Junior year of college (2010), I've scored hard in the E(xtroverted), (i)N(tuitive), and J(uding) categories. I am negligible in the T(thinking) and F(eeling) axis, and that is because that is wholly dependent on my reason for decision-making. If it is a decision that will affect other people, I am a definite F. However, if it's something that affects just myself, I tend to think in a very T sort of way, because I am emotionally deficient. :P

MBTI should not be used as an indicator of job performance or suggested career path. That said, my managers have told me that my people skills are top-notch and that I should definitely consider a manager position myself, and have been giving me tools to help me develop. Alas, this falls right in line with EN(T/F)J, which is either the Commander or the Protagonist. Whoosp!

I'm a big personality theory kind of person, so I like to line up peoples' MBTI with their natal chart (astrology). I'm still a novice in the latter, though, and I find aspects to still be quite challenging! I'm working on it, though.

Nafila, I've never seen anyone score 100% on anything for Myers-Briggs. That's an impressive feat! What's it like to be entirely introverted? :P
Nafila
Level 63
The Tender
Posted: 1/19/2018 at 7:34 PM Post #3
Woah you're basically the first person I've seen to be interested in this! (then again I'm shy as heck so I barely know anyone here) I started MBTI about a year or two ago, well let's say 10th grade. Till this day INFP describes me as hell as well some parts of INFJ. I love psychology in general despite getting dark at times. I most just use it as toll to somewhat try to understand myself and ways to deal with some of my mental conditions as well. I guess being 100% is amazing yet sucks at the same time. Like you wish you could talk to people and make friends and stuff like that but it's lie you're way too scared so you spend your time doing other things. For me it's gaming or drawing. For me, I literally get exhausted just by interacting with random people. It drains me out so bad, like it's surprising since I really want to meet new people but I get drained and way too scared. (sorry if i get way too repetitive I tend to do that a lot). Though once you meet somewhat as introverted as you and you're good friends it's fun as hell since the conversations goes in all sorts of directions but if it's an random introvert it's usually quiet. Like a little social is huge achievement for me, yet it scares me to death. Personally I'm scared to death with being judged, I guess a lot of INFs are like that as well. I'mm also a major feeler like emotions basically control me but I don't mind. Then again being an INFx kinda sucks cause you want you express your feelings but at the same you can't. Mostly cause most of us pretty terrified of being judged or getting our feelings pushed away. I also suck at decision making, I can never decide with almost anything unless I'm pretty sure of it (that's where my judging, infj side comes in) other than that I'm like well I have no idea so uh time to go away. Oh yea another thing with being 100% is constantly being mocked. Or people thinking you have a mental condition on why you're that introverted. I due have a few mental conditions, but it's not cause of that. Oh and also constantly getting back stabbed as well, which lead to major trust issues and I tend to let people dump their problems onto me without me telling them it's too much for me or anything cause I'll feel bad I guess. Oh well x-x I have so much to say at the same time I don't geez I'm confusing. Sorry about that
Junco
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 29
Posted: 1/19/2018 at 7:49 PM Post #4
That's a fascinatingly different experience from me, and that's cool! It must be rather distressing to find it so draining to interact with strangers like that, and to fear the judgement of others. It's my instinct to tell you "eff the haters", but I'm not sure that's constructive, haha. I would like to say that back-stabbing and other petty social nonsense goes away after you get out of high school, but it doesn't. Not entirely. It's definitely still present in college, and it might be at your workplace, too, depending on where you work. It doesn't go away, but it does tone down somewhere between somewhat and significantly.

Also, there's literally no reason to apologize. You're doing you. My own mother was just on my case about apologizing for every little thing, and she was right that you don't have to! If you're legitimately inconveniencing someone or doing something bad, yeah, apologize. But don't do it for just existing. It's a lesson I'm still learning myself, and I'm an old fart. :P

I don't drink or do drugs, because being around other people is my high. It's a pretty stark contrast to you, I think. I get so much energy being around other people that if I'm around them around the clock, I literally don't need to sleep for days (and don't mind it). It's weird and I'm not sure that's a universal extrovert experience. V: I hope another extrovert posts on this thread and tells me if it's just me, haha.
Nafila
Level 63
The Tender
Posted: 1/19/2018 at 8:05 PM Post #5
It's worse when it's like face to face like I can barely talk to someone without being super quiey unless I know them pretty well x-x Only time I'm I guess "extroverted" is around my best friend (ISFP) and my significant other who's an (INFJ/INFP) more infj though and is also 97% introverted. Other than that I'm dead quiet. Even in school since I really don't have friends x-x Heck even being assertive drains me out sometimes. I've always had major trust issues just other events and other people (including past relationships) made it 10x times worse. I'm always constantly apologizing for EVERYTHING. I just feel like I have too
Galaxyrose
Level 66
Cutely Creative
Threads: 54
Posted: 2/8/2018 at 6:21 PM Post #6
Oh my gosh! Im also obsessed with this :D
I just experienced MBTI a while ago, because of a "Career Development" class, and it is actually quite amazing. It's shockingly accurate. I'm an IN(T/F)P...because well I dont know why but I have traits from both :3
Edited By Galaxyrose on 2/8/2018 at 6:22 PM.
Nafila
Level 63
The Tender
Posted: 2/8/2018 at 6:29 PM Post #7
ooo for me it's been since 10th grade (2 years ago) I'm basically Infp/j just like my significant other :pp (I'm more INFP and he's more INFJ)
Edited By Nafila on 2/8/2018 at 6:30 PM.
Galaxyrose
Level 66
Cutely Creative
Posted: 2/8/2018 at 6:48 PM Post #8
*Yayyyy* *More INFPs*
Thats interesting! You must understand each other then?
Nafila
Level 63
The Tender
Posted: 2/8/2018 at 7:02 PM Post #9
Yea we understand each other pretty well I suppose
Galaxyrose
Level 66
Cutely Creative
Posted: 2/8/2018 at 7:42 PM Post #10
*Nods* INFP is a pretty rare personality. We consist of 4% of the population xD
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.