Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > About Breeding and Genetics
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Nee
Level 61
Threads: 12
Posted: 8/30/2013 at 1:49 PM Post #1
Hello,

I have questions about breeding and genetics.

My first question deals with the levels the sylesti has before breeding. Do those levels have an effect on the hatchling? Is it better to breed a sylesti who has many levels or does it not matter? Also, what about the sylesti's statistics, are they factored into the resulting hatchling?

Then, what about the mutations? Do they offer any statistical jumps, like sylesti with wings are more agile, while sylesti with horns are more physical and so on?

And lastly, what about the traits? Is one type of wings more dominant than another? Do darker colors tend to dominate lighter colors? Do any traits tend to pop up more in the male sylesti than the female or vice versa? Does the gender of the hatchling even matter pertaining to its acquired traits, both visible and not?

I ask all these questions because this game prides itself on its genetics, but I have yet to find information provided by the game that even talks about these questions or even provides the math for acquired traits.

If anyone knows or if there is an aspect to this site that I just haven't found yet, please respond. These are questions that interest me and I would definitely like to know the answers.

Ash
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 44
Posted: 8/30/2013 at 2:25 PM Post #2

For your first question, yes the parents level and stats do have an effect on their children. It's not an extreme amount, but it does certainly have some effect. Higher level parents will produce hatchlings that start out a big higher of a level, and higher stated parents will have babies that have a bit higher stats. I'm not too familiar on it, but I believe it would take several generations to have any significant effect (someone correct me if I'm wrong though).

As for genes and mutations, those have no effect on the pets stats, they're just for show.

For your last questions, yes there are dominate and recessive traits, and they're listed in order of most dominate to least. However it's equal for male and female. As for colors, I believe it's pretty much random. With two parents it can be any mix of the two, and on top of that there's a color swing so two pure white parents can still produce and offwhite baby. or two red parents could produce a pink baby.
Edited By 2539 on 8/30/2013 at 2:27 PM.
Ash
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 44
Posted: 8/30/2013 at 2:29 PM Post #3
@Nee,

Forgot to ping

Also, here's a really handy breeding thread that might help you some Breeding guide

and it's not on site, but here's a punnett square calculator

There's quite a bit more to say on the subject, but I don't know if you're wanting a wall of text or not orz
Edited By 2539 on 8/30/2013 at 2:34 PM.
Nee
Level 61
Threads: 12
Posted: 8/30/2013 at 7:36 PM Post #4
Thank you Ash. You are very helpful and I will take your advice and will go visit the other forum.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.