Players 2,437 399
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,235,311 1,122
Generated 656,000 45
Captured 1,189,917 95
Bred 6,389,302 982
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Suggestion Box > I am going to be stuck with 30 Frozen Ke...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 12/25/2017 at 10:01 AM Post #1
Riddle me this one, Krinadon! :)

Lately I've only had a chance to run the festival zone once per day.

In that time I kill all 6 bosses, and get a Frozen Key form the task list. I also tend to pick up at least one Frozen Key along the way from a boss or a present.

After using one Frozen Key, it tells me I can't use it again for some undetermined amount of time.

Let me repeat that I tend to only have one chance to run the festival zone each day. Which means I can only use ONE key per day, while I'm piling up key after key after key that I don't get a chance to use... Already I'm sitting at 4, soon to be 5 when I finish the last 3 bosses, and tomorrow will likely add another, the next day another, and so on.

Why the cooldown? What purpose does it serve? Keys aren't tradeable so it's not like people can be passing them around to each other or profiting off of them; what I'm stuck with I'll just be stuck with. Wasted. Useless. Missed opportunities sitting in my inventory once the fest is closed because the cooldown stopped me from using them.

(Edit: In case it wasn't obvious enough, my suggestion is to get rid of the evil cooldown. Unless it actually DOES serve a purpose I'm not aware of... but I really doubt that purpose would outweigh the extent of unfairness it will have for players with limited time.)
Edited By Xavion on 12/25/2017 at 10:02 AM.
Absoluteinsanity
Level 71
Gingerbread Architect
Threads: 43
Posted: 12/29/2017 at 5:49 AM Post #2
Same problem. 9 spare keys right now, at least one new key per day, and I can only check the door.. once or twice a day.
:/
Goldenfeather74
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 27
Posted: 1/4/2018 at 3:23 PM Post #3
The purpose most likely is the fact that, as you said, you accumulate quite a few. It's supposed to have "special rewards" inside, and if you could go in 50 times a day the prizes would have to decrease significantly. (Idk though, I don't think I got anything special the one time I went in, maybe I'm understanding it wrong)
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 4/14/2018 at 1:26 PM Post #4
It's the age old issue of trying to release features that are fun and rewarding for players who maybe throughout the whole Fetlstival only find a handful of keys... but not having a feature where the players who play enough to find hundreds of keys end up with waaaaaay too much nice stuff causing economical imbalances.

I could have limited earning keys, but I wanted that to be more open and flexible.

So the easiest and fairest solution I felt was to put in a CD so as to essentially cap how many keys one could actually open throughout a fest - a ceiling.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.