Players 2,315 340
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,264,731 1,001
Generated 656,499 8
Captured 1,191,325 39
Bred 6,416,812 954
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Battle Discussion > A Noob's Complaint (need battle help)
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Ranetree
Level 27
Threads: 2
Posted: 8/26/2013 at 11:07 AM Post #1
I keep getting my tush handed to me by Cereth, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

Here's the stats I'm working with:

In these kinds of battle sims, I like my beasts to hit hard and fast, usually sacrificing their defensive powers in the process. (In other words, they win battles quickly because they really can't stand their ground if the opponent is able to hit back.) The way stats are set up here, it seems like the harder I make them hit, the better their ability to take that kind of hit, so I guess I don't completely lose out.

The level 17 was my starter, so if his stat distribution seems a bit off, it's because I did most of it before I really had an idea of what I was doing here. I suppose I could redistribute, if that's what it takes.

So far as armor goes...

The level 17 has:
-Crude Relic of the Myrmidon
-Crude Armor of the Disciple
-Frail Bracelet of the Warden
-Crude Bracelet of the Crusader

The level 15 has:
-Esior's Rigid Relic
-Esior's Powerful Armor
-Warm Fuzzy Bracelet
-Fluffy Truffle Band

I tried to give the weaker one my better armor/relics in the hopes of bolstering her stats to match her partner's and help her match him a bit more. Her health got an insane 300-point boost after the last proficiency-spending, but she still seems pretty flimsy.

The way I see it, I either need to level these two way up (which means going to Trollsblight Caverns and level-grinding on things that give me 0.5% exp), or possibly need to train someone to dish out magical damage. Thoughts? Suggestions? I already purchased two relics that I can't equip, so I'm a bit short on gold and hesitant to spend more, but if that's what it takes to advance the plot, I'll do it.

ETA: I can also screenshot the level-up distributions, if that helps.
Edited By 7649 on 8/26/2013 at 11:14 AM.
Ash
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 44
Posted: 8/26/2013 at 11:18 AM Post #2
@Ranetree,

I would recommend changing the relic on your starter pet (the level 17 one) I know it's not incredibly obvious, but relics are the only piece of equipment that affect your damage type (physical or magical), and your pet automatically uses whichever type is higher.

You'll notice that your starter pet has way higher magical damage than physical, however it's strength is much higher than it's intelligence. Your pet will be way more effective if you match their damage type with their stats.
Ranetree
Level 27
Threads: 2
Posted: 8/26/2013 at 11:36 AM Post #3
@Ash
I'm a little ashamed at how simple that was to fix. Thank you!

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.