Forum Index > General Discussion > The Book of Gilador
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 253
Posted: 11/23/2017 at 8:20 AM Post #1
Edited By Creativity on 11/25/2017 at 1:45 PM.
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Posted: 11/23/2017 at 8:20 AM Post #2
~*Gameplay*~

The game of Exploring Gilador takes place on a continent named Gilador. This continent is home to many different species, and some of them vary for each person. For example, one person's story may contain a vampire, while another's will not.

That being said, the plot for Exploring Gilador is different for each person. Ultimately, each person starts the game with no plot, usually, unless they choose to develop a penultimate one. There will be several subplots along the way, however, which can take a few pages, or up to twenty pages, sometimes.

Each player has a different "map". That's meaning, I have made maps for your slot before I even knew who was playing. So, it is completely objective. Because of this, you cannot look to another character's story to figure out your own. Each player exists in their own separate realm of Gilador, in a sense. Only I get to see your maps, as well. Don't ask to see your maps, because they're what helps me to figure out certain scenarios I've listed for you in each area.

This game is a choose-your-own-adventure/pick-your-path style game. That meaning, I am the narrator, per se. I basically dictate what happens, and it is your job to react to it and try to navigate situations that I, or your own choices, get you into. Most replies from me will give you options, unless you enter battle mode or dialogue mode, which will be elaborated upon more in the next post. Every time I give you options, there will always be an "Other" option, in case you wish to do something differently than I offered. The only rule to this is that you may not dictate a game.

For example, you can attempt to ambush someone, but you cannot write out that you ambushed them and slit their throat. It is my job to determine that. You can write your attempt, but ultimately, I decide whether it was a success or a fail. Sometimes Luck will be in your favor, and sometimes it won't. I personally remove myself from the game to make it as objective as it can be.

That being said, your character, can die. If your choices lead to your character being killed, there's nothing I can do about it. If your character dies, then you are removed from the game and your slot opens up. That is not to say that you can never play again, however. The rule is, if your character dies, you cannot immediately fill that slot, but if, in the future, another slot opens, you can rejoin with a different character. Also, breaking the rules three times will result in an immediate character death by an unstoppable force, following the same rules as a regular character death.

Please understand that I do not wish for your character to die, but if he/she does, I am to remain objective to it. You can attack me about it if you like, but that would cause me to permanently ban you from the game so that you may never play again. Now, I don't want to have to resort to that with anyone, but I am open to the possibility.

~*Currency*~

The currency in Gilador is called Fairs. A Fair is a small token-like gem. It's purple in color, and carved in a teardrop shape. A Fair transfers to roughly $10 American dollars, to get a sense of their worth.

Throughout Gilador, there will be several things you may purchase, be it if you are inclined to explore the merchants in the starting town of Ilamoor, or if you come across a lonely peddler selling his wares, or even if you end up in a village, tribe, clan, et cetera, where there will be more merchants. There is magic in this continent. And as such, there may be times where someone offers to sell you a magic ring or something of the sort, where it is your choice whether you'd like to take the chance, purchase it and get it inspected by a professional, or simply give it to someone you dislike. Or, of course, not buy it!

There will also be services that you are able to purchase. For example, particularly in dwarven clans, you could find blacksmiths that would be more than happy to sharpen your weapon of choice for a price. Or, you may find someone to sew up a torn patch in your clothing. Or, of course, you could contact experts about certain things you are uncertain about.

To elaborate, there is a possibility that you may find a mysterious potion. And, if you find this mysterious potion, of course, you might not know what is in it. You may get lucky and have a companion that knows, but if you don't, you will have to seek out a professional potions master to pay for his/her opinion.

Or, you may find a mysterious egg. And, of course, you don't know what's in this egg! In this scenario, you would have to track down a professional beastmaster to try to determine what the egg is... for a price!

You'll find that there is actually a lot of poverty in Gilador, depending on where you are. Most ware-sellers and experts may overprice, simply because they need the money. However, you are almost always able to try to haggle with them. And some merchants are more honest and won't overprice their wares or services.
Edited By Creativity on 11/23/2017 at 9:42 AM.
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Posted: 11/23/2017 at 8:20 AM Post #3
~*Game Modes*~

There are three basic Game Modes to playing Exploring Gilador. These modes may switch depending on your situation, of course. And, there may be a mixture of more than one mode in a given scenario. The three main types of Game Modes are as follows.

~*Normal Mode*~

The first and most basic mode is called, creatively, "Normal Mode". Simple, I know. This is the basic mode which all of your decisions will be made in. In this mode, I give you options, and you choose one as a response to what has happened. Normally, I will respond with telling you what happened, and giving you more choices. Here is an example of what Normal Mode may look like:

Me:

You travel through the forest for what seems like hours, until you spot a shiny glint on the ground a few yards ahead of you. What do you wish to do?

a) Investigate
b) Ignore it
c) Scream
d) Send [companion] to go look
e) Other

Your response:

I stop short as I notice the glinting ahead of me. What possibly could that be...? I put my hand on my weapon briefly, but then decide against drawing that out, and choose to instead look into the matter.

a) Investigate

Me:

You head cautiously towards the glinting, being aware of your surroundings as you do so. When you reach it, you find that it was merely a couple of Fairs lying abandoned on the ground. What do you wish to do?

a) Take them
b) Ignore them
c) Have [companion] take them
d) Leave
e) Check for traps
f) Other

And so on and so forth. But please note, that your responses may be as long as you want them to be. If you want to write paragraphs, please, be my guest! If you want to write one or two lines, that's fine, too!

~*Dialogue Mode*~

There will be times in your Gilador exploring that you will come across NPCs, or non-playable characters (which I control), that wish to speak with you. Four out of five times, these NPCs can be persuaded to accompany you on your journeys as companions. Companions will be elaborated on more later.

When you're speaking with an NPC, you enter Dialogue Mode. In Dialogue Mode, I do not give you options. Simply, I play the NPC. And your responses, are playing your character talking to the NPC. Easy as that! Here is an example of Dialogue Mode:

Me:

The adolescent elf looked you up and down wearily. He still had an arrow pointed at your heart, but he seemed fearful, his eyes wide and hands shaking despite his obvious attempts to stop them. "Y-you! St... State your name! And your... Um... State your affiliation!" he squeaked, though he seemed more afraid than you were.

Your response:

I raise my hands in surrender, and place my sword down on the ground. I tried to make myself look as non-threatening as I could be. "Please... I mean you no harm. I was simply traveling through the area and must have stumbled upon your patrol... My name is Gyrraiah, and I have no affiliation. I'm a simple orc just trying to make my way through the world," you promise and take a tentative step forward.

Me:

The young elf faltered slightly at your calm pretense. However, his grip on his bow tightened as you took a step forward. "Why should I believe you?" he spat. He couldn't help but take a small step back, however.

And so on and so forth! Dialogue Mode is the one that seems to take the longest, it seems. In fact, dialogue mode, I've seen go on for up for 20 pages in other games like this that I have run. It's a rather easy mode, actually, but saying the wrong thing could provoke the NPC to attack, flee, etc.

~*Battle Mode*~

The hardest mode, I'd have to say, is Battle Mode. This is simply because you have to dance around a lot of edges when you're in it. In Battle Mode, I will also not give you choices, unless you are truly lost and ask for them. But ultimately, I will try to have you do Battle Mode on your own.

Battle Mode occurs whenever you, well, enter a battle or a fight. Typically, Battle Mode is the shortest simply because action tends to be very fast-paced, but it can, of course, go on for several pages, as any other mode. It is just less likely to.

When I said before that in Battle Mode you have to dance around edges, it's because you have to be careful not to dictate. For example, you can state that you shoot an arrow that was aimed at a enemy's heart, but you cannot describe the arrow sinking into the flesh. It is my choice, overall, that decides whether your arrow hit, or whether the enemy dodged, or if it hit the enemy's arm or something. Here is an example of Battle Mode:

Me:

The crazed dwarf let out an angry bellow that actually paralyzed you slightly. He lunged forwards, swinging his hammer at your head.

Your response:

I quickly try to shake myself out of my paralyzed state and leap out of the way to blow, while also attempting to stick my spear into his chest simultaneously.

Me:

It was only a moment that you remained in your semi-paralyzed state, but that moment was enough to hinder your dodge a bit. Although the dwarf's hammer did miss your head, your leap out of the way caused the heavy weapon to smack into your left shoulder and cause a crunching sound. And in your leap, your aim was also hindered, so your spear only caught his upper arm.

You'll also note that Battle Mode tends to have the shortest of responses, simply because of the nature of the beast.

~*Overlapping Modes*~

I know I mentioned this before, but I didn't really go into detail on it. There really isn't much to it, either. Basically, when you're in Normal Mode, you can make a comment here or there, or you can write out a bit of Battle Mode in Normal Mode, comment in Battle Mode, etc. It's simple, right?
Edited By Creativity on 11/23/2017 at 9:49 AM.
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Posted: 11/23/2017 at 8:21 AM Post #4
~*Creating Your Character*~

So, you've reserved a slot in Exploring Gilador, and it's now time to create your character. Your form is as follows:

Username:
Name of Character:
Picture (Use Sylestia Wardrobe, does not need to be available immediately):
Race:
Weapon of Preference:
Backstory (Not needed immediately):

As you can see, there are several different parts to this. Most of them are pretty generic. Name? What do you wish to name your character? Gender? Male, female, or genderfluid, basically. Don't need to go super into different genders, though. Keep it pretty simple!

Your picture should be determined using the Sylestia Wardrobe. Just make an avatar (you don't have to look like your character, wear the avatar, or have any of the items!) and used it as the picture for your character. Easy as that! Each character starts off with armor of their choice, a normal weapon of their choice, 5 pieces of fruit, and 5 pieces of meat, as well as 20 Fairs.

The next three options, however, require a bit more thought... Here the the four species that you can choose from, and then important information you need regarding weapon and backstory.

~*Human*~

Obviously, human is the most generic of the four available species for your character. But also, humans are the easiest species for you to play. Humans can basically wield any type of weapon, and are capable of learning magic. Your character may not start out with knowledge of magic, but are able to purchase scrolls of lessons to learn certain magic types. And humans are able to learn magic at a standard rate, approximately three lessons sufficing for basic knowledge and five more to teach the advanced parts of that certain magic type.

Humans are an extremely flexible species. This goes for their alignment, too. Humans can be either good or bad, with a 50/50 chance. This also goes for humans you will meet. Humans tend to be more adept at cooking than other species, which may not seem like an important skill, but can have its perks. Not all humans are good cooks, however. It really varies with humans; some have other skills, such as sewing, art, trapmaking, etc.

Typically, humans will carry a neutral reputation, just because they are usually so hit-or-miss. So, if you play a human, your reputation usually depends on the NPC's past experiences with humans, which I determine and only I know unless they choose to divulge it to you. But usually, they'll be neutral to you.

The one important part to a human's backstory is, you must include a village somewhere in it. Humans live in villages/towns, so whether you were born in a village, or your parents were from one, or whatever, as long as that one vital part of the human lifestyle is included in your backstory.

Humans have pretty generic names, too. Whether it's normal names we use today, or slight variances, it's nothing that sounds super weird typically. Like "Zahira" is probably not a name you'd hear for a human, but an elf instead. Overall, though, human names tend to be as flexible as they are, and cover a wider range of variance than any other species, to hypothetically, you could have a human named "Zahira", it would just be less likely.

Humans can have skin of any complexion, ranging from light to dark. Also, they hair can range from light to dark, or red. Humans typically average a height of 5'6", but can have many variances.

~*Orc*~

Personally, I think orcs are one of the most interesting species to play. Playing orcish NPCs are usually very fascinating to me. Orcs are the strongest of the species by far, though they are rivaled by dwarfs in that regard. Orcs tend to be better off with heavier armor/weapons, and are more suited for great axes and warhammers rather than swords, daggers, or archery. But, it has been seen that some orcs prefer archery, since they are strong enough to fire off many rounds quickly.

Orcs can learn magic, but it takes them longer. It would take five lessons to learn the basics and an additional ten lessons to learn the whole of it.

Most orcs tend to be very hotheaded and hot-tempered. Not all of them, of course! But, a majority of them do tend to be very short-tempered. It's just how they are. Orcs typically prefer to use weapons instead of words, and are natural-born warriors. Most orcs are considered gladiators, in fact. Because of their short temper, they tend to carry with them a rather negative reputation.

Orcs are very interesting in the lifestyles they choose to live. Most males basically think "Eat, sleep, fight, procreate". And the females think similarly, actually. Orcs are a very nomadic species, and they believe in glory. They are extremely solitary, too. It's hard to get an orc to settle down. All an orc cares about is making a name for himself or herself.

Basically, what usually happens, is female orcs wander about and maintain themselves until a male orc comes by and impregnates her. Then, she births her baby and raises it. However, if her cub is born weak, she kills it immediately. Otherwise, male cubs are abandoned to live on their own at age ten, and females at age twelve. An orc mother can be raising up to five cubs at one time. Orcs tend to disregard their own emotions. A male orc will wander about, picking fights, earning glory, and creating offspring, and then leaving to continue fighting.

Now, that is not true for all orcs. Some orcs tend to choose to be Hagkets, or half-orcs. That is, orcs who are orcs but do not do as orcs do. Some orcs choose to find a mate, settle down, and raise children as a normal family of any other species would do. This is not true for most, but some. One of these two lines of possibilities with orcs must be included in your orcish backstory.

Orcs have green skin that can range from light to dark green, and their hair lies on the grayscale (white, any number of gray, or black). They are a rather tall species, averaging around 6'7" with very little variance in their height. All orcs have two tusks, unless that lost one in a battle, of course. Orcish names are actually very blunt, more often than not ending or starting in a hard consonant. They also tend to have short names.

~*Elf*~

Of the humanoid species, elves tend to be the trickiest, wittiest, and most cunning. However, they don't tend to be mostly bad. In fact, elves carry a neutral reputation, as humans do, and, like humans, can be hit-or-miss. Though, elves do typically only care about their tribe and nature. So, if you harm nature or their tribe, they will be more hostile towards you. But if you help either of those, they will be friendlier.

They are more often than not neutral to strangers, even if they have a past reputation with them. That being said, elves will follow orders even if it means going against their beliefs or thoughts. They are a very loyal species and would make very obedient companions. It is not in an elf's inclination to give up.

Elves can learn magic very quickly. It would take one lesson for an elf to learn the basics and an additional two to learn the specifics. They are more suited for light armor, and are better with archery and light weapons, such as daggers. They are a species that is very quick on their feet.

Elves choose to live in tribes in the middle of forests. These tribes act independently, though they can form alliances or wage wars with other tribes. Each tribe is rules by a chief, who makes the ultimate decisions. However, each chief does have a council of advisors that he or she consults for every decision. In spite of that, the chief can nevertheless overrule the council. And whatever the chief says, basically goes, since the tribe is so obedient. Most chiefs are not bad, but if the entire tribe chooses to vote a chief out of office, that chief is forced to step down. This tribe life must be included somewhere in your elf's backstory.

More often than not, an elf will have a very pale complexion. Simply, they do not receive the sun's rays as strong as other species do. Though, there are darkskinned elves, they are few and far between. Elves hair color ranges from light to dark, and red, but tends towards extremes. Very dark hair, very light hair, or very red hair. This is not always the case. Elves also average a height of about 5'8" but are very prone to having height variances.

Elven names are often more elegant or nature-based than anything else.

~*Dwarf*~

Dwarfs are a very close-knit species, typically. They are also the most hardworking of the species. Never will a dwarf ever give up on something. That's simply who they are. Because they are such effective, efficient workers, and a normally helpful race of people, they carry with them a rather positive reputation. It's not often that dwarfs are hostile or aggressive.

Though, dwarfs are the only species who are unable to wield magic. It's simply not in their very iron-rich blood. However, dwarfs can wear very heavy armor. Their weapons range, in spite of this. Some choose to wield very heavy weapons, such as a warhammer, and some choose to instead wield daggers. They're not super adept with archery, but with effort, they can learn it.

Dwarfs live in underground cities, usually based in mountains. Each city is part of a clan. For example, the cities of Ugrum and Ilvikkin might both be a part of the Uvrutt clan. That means that it's the same clan, just based in different places. Dwarven clans are run by a king, who remains in the bigger of the cities. Each city is separately rules by a lord, who then answers to the king. Ultimately, all of the decisions go through the office of the king. If you play a dwarf, you must include a city or clan somewhere in your backstory.

The typical life of a dwarf is one of nonstop work. This is because dwarfs actually love putting their mind to something. Young dwarfs are brought into dangerous caverns with their parents to learn how to fight and defend themselves, even though they are prone to avoid violence whenever necessary. They still believe in self-defense. After becoming an adult dwarfs are usually pretty content with working almost every day for fifty or sixty years straight, finding love and raising a family in the meantime, and then retiring to take care of their children and grandchildren. But most retired dwarfs take up a hobby in the meantime. Because of their work ethic, dwarven cities produce a ton of product to sell, and tend to be somewhat wealthy.

Also, it is in the anatomy of the dwarfs that they have a very strong immune system. It's extremely rare for a dwarf to get sick, but when they do, it tends to be fatal, because that means that something is seriously wrong. They are an extremely strong species, but prefer to use their strength for good.

Dwarfen names are more geared towards guttural tones, or letters that use the back of their throat. 'G's, 'H's, and 'R's are very common in dwarfen names. Their names, more often than not, start in a guttural or hard-based sound and end in a light 'ah' or an 'R'. Dwarfs have skin color than ranges from light to dark, and hair color than ranges from light to dark, or red. They average a height of 4'5", but have few, slight variances.

~*Weapon/Backstory*~

When it comes to your character's weapon, you can be as creative as you want. As long as you're not overly creative, like a flamethrower. What I mean by a 'normal' weapon is simply, it cannot have any magic properties or special abilities or bonuses. These can be earned and added to your weapon, and your weapon can look as pretty as you want, or have a sentimental value, but to start, you cannot have any special properties to it.

And your backstory can be as long or short as you want. Only catch is it has to include one of four parts of it, depending on your species.
Edited By Creativity on 11/23/2017 at 12:01 PM.
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Posted: 11/23/2017 at 8:21 AM Post #5
~*Other Species*~

Throughout your time in Gilador, you will meet many other species alone the way. Of course, they may end up as companions, and they may not. They may simply be NPCs. Regardless, you are, of course, prone to know a bit about them.

~*Vampires*~

Vampires are a mini sub-species of humanoid that may or may not be on your map. Most vampires tend to be bad, but not all are. Some vampires prefer to only drink animal blood, while others will primarily only hunt human and elf blood. Most vampires will reside in the forest or grasslands. In the world of Gilador, vampires are also very obsessive compulsive. They can't stand knots, or disorganization, or anything loose. They must count everything. Also, contrary to popular belief, the vampires in Gilador, if they exist, prefer to live quieter lives for the most part.

~*Shifters*~

Shifters are a species of humanoid which can span over various many sub-species. Rather than putting them all under this sub-category of Other Species, I'm going to make sub-sub-categories.

~*Werewolves*~

The most well-known of the shifters, werewolves are humanoid beings that, in the light of a full moon, transform to a half-man, half-wolf being. The transformation is highly painful for them. When in their transformed wolf form, werewolves do have 100% knowledge of what they are doing and who they are regardless, though they do have heightened animalistic instincts, and more often than not, will give into them. They are significantly more powerful in their half-form, with sharp fangs and claws.

~*Lycanthropes*~

Although significantly similar to werewolves, lycanthropes are their own form of shifter, and there are subtle differences between the two sub-species. One of them is that lycanthropes can change at any place or time given, and by will, too. Another difference is that lycans have a natural form which resemble a werewolf's transformed form. Lycans naturally look more wolf-like when they are in their normal state, with some excess hair. After transformation, they look even more wolf-like than a werewolf's wolf state. Lycans also tend to be smarter, and somewhat more muscular.

~*Monoshifters*~

Monoshifters are the most common form of shifter that you'll encounter. Although shifters in general are rare, 70 percent of them are monoshifters. Monoshifters are humanoid beings that are able to shift into one other form, and only one other. However, this form tends to be rather powerful, and also rather gorgeous-looking. In the other form, you can easily tell a monoshifter from any other being of that form because they simply look more exotic as an animal. More often than not, a monoshifter will carry some aspects of their animal form in the profile of their human form.

~*Polyshifters*~

You could probably guess this just by the name and the fact of the mono and omni shifters, but polyshifters are a sub-species that can transform into more than one, but not all, other forms. They are rather uncommon, making up 10% of the shifter population. Polyshifters are simply humanoid beings that can shift into various other forms, ranging from two to ten other forms. These forms are usually somewhat powerful, but not as powerful as that of a monoshifter.

~*Omnishifters*~

Omnishifters are the rarest form of shifter you'll find, making up 0.7% of the shifter population. Omnishifters are extremely powerful, as they can shift into any form they so choose, and at will. Because of this unique ability, they make very useful companions, and very deadly opponents. Most omnishifters don't want to reveal that they are so, because they also tend to be hunted, if only for the fact that most beings don't trust them and their wily ways. In their natural form, omnishifters often look very generic and bland as humans.

~*Kitsunes*~

Perhaps one of the most deadly shifters in Gilador, kitsunes are incredibly rare, but also incredibly dangerous. They are a very tricky sub-species because they deal in tricks and riddles, and make deals that sound very alluring. You can end up selling your soul to a kitsune very easily. In their human form they're a very playful species, and would be a valuable asset if you won the trust of one. They are able to shift into the form of a nine-tailed fox, however.

~*Pixies*~

A very social and typically friendly species, pixies are not hard to be made allies of most of the time. Pixies live in clans, which are ruled by chiefs. Their homes can be hidden in something as inconspicuous as a bush or a tree. Pixies can alternate between a human-sized form and a tiny pixie form. In their human-sized form, they still have their wings and magic. In their tiny form, they have their wings and magic, and also glow their own color. Each pixie home has an eternal stone from which their magic is drawn. The wing types for pixies are different, ranging from petal wings to feathered wings to dragonfly wings and more.

~*Selkies*~

A rather rare form of humanoid species, selkies dance across the fine line between shifter and their own species. However, they are their own species. Selkies typically live in water in their seal form, but can come above the water and turn to their human form. If one was able to steal the seal skin of a selkie, which is a small heirloom they carry, then the selkie is bound to do whatever they wish, including marrying them. They can also not go back to the water when their seal skin is stolen.

~*Gnomes*~

Gnomes are a very innovative species to begin with. They believe in machinery, even when the rest of Gilador does not. In a time with very little technology, gnomes do what they can, and are very big fans of Rube Goldberg projects. That is, elaborate contraptions meant to do one simple task. Gnomes are generally neutral to the rest of the world, and very introverted creatures, too. They live in towns, usually in deserts or mountains, and prefer not to leave their towns.

~*Goblins*~

Goblins are a species that carry with them a very negative reputation. This is not for anything they have done, but simply, for who they are. Goblins are more likely to do anything, no matter how inhumane or brutal, for the sake of earning money. They value money even more than humans do. However, not all goblins are bad, they simply are dedicated and hard-working for money, and will even sometimes try to con for it. They are very charismatic in spite of their reputation, and have a natural way with words - assuming of course, that they speak your tongue!
Edited By Creativity on 11/25/2017 at 1:30 PM.
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Posted: 11/23/2017 at 8:21 AM Post #6
~*Companions*~

Companions are beings that you encounter along your travels that choose to travel with you. They are a very vital part to Exploring Gilador.

First of all, your companions /will/ have 'moods'. That is, their reputation/relationship with you. Moods are on a scale of 1-100. However, it can go into the negatives, and it can go over 100. But the levels are within the scale. Each companion has a 'base mood', which is the mood they have when you acquire them as a companion. For some, the base will have them already liking you, and for some, it may have them hating you. Yes, your companion may hate you.

Basically, the levels go like this: Hate, Dislike, Like, Trust, Love.

The mood required/set for each level is different for each companion. For example, say Player One acquired companion Greta. If Greta is a very kind, friendly person, she will have a higher base mood, and lower moods for like, trust, and love. Say Greta hates at 0-10, dislikes at 10-30, likes at 30-40, trusts at 40-70, and loves at 80-100. Her base is likely at 35.

But then, Player Three acquires companion Theros. Theros doesn't really trust people. He's mean, and more skittish than he should be. It is harder to get on his good side. He will have a lower base mood, and higher moods for like, trust, and love. For example, say Theros hates from 0-20, dislikes at 20-50, likes at 50-60, trusts at 60-90, and loves at 90-100. His base mood would probably be 15-20, depending on how your interactions with him go.

That being said, yes, you can have romance with your companions! If you get their mood high enough, into the 'love' range, you can experiment with that. But, no cheating on your companions or their moods will drop real quick! Also, some companions, you cannot have romance with. Some do not have the 'love' mood level. This would be with homosexual companions that are of a different gender, aromantic/asexual companions, and heterosexual ones that you are the same gender as. Or, if they are already with someone.

Now, how do you raise/lower your companions' moods? By your choices. Each companion has an alignment that only I know. I play your companions, so the moods, the abilities, and alignment, you don't know yet. Using my examples from earlier, Greta is probably lawful good. That means, she likes to follow rules, and she likes to do good. if you choose to break a rule or help someone bad or be bad when she is with you, her mood will go down. And vice versa, if you choose to do good or follow rules, it will go up.

With Theros, I'd peg him as a chaotic neutral. Chaotic neutral means he cares for his personal benefit, and isn't afraid to do anything needed to get what he wants, basically. So, if by any means, you try to stop him in achieving something or hold him back, his mood will lower. But, if you choose to leave him be, allow him to do what he does, or consult him on a topic, his mood will raise.

What happens when the moods get really high or low? Well, if it's very high, there's a chance that you might be about to die, and your companion will jump in the way, or be attacked/die for you. If it's really low, there's a chance your companion may leave, or betray you. Which one depends on their personality. Greta would leave while Theros would betray you, for instance.
Edited By Creativity on 11/25/2017 at 1:45 PM.
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Posted: 11/23/2017 at 8:21 AM Post #7
Reserved just in case.
Edited By Creativity on 11/25/2017 at 1:31 PM.
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Posted: 11/23/2017 at 8:22 AM Post #8
Reserved just in case
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Posted: 11/23/2017 at 8:22 AM Post #9
Reserved just in case
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Posted: 11/23/2017 at 8:22 AM Post #10
Reserved just in case

This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.