Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Roleplaying > X-Men: Termination (RP)
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 324
Posted: 11/21/2017 at 10:36 PM Post #1
Darci~ 12 years~ female~ Courtyard (Lunch)

Finally they had been released from the confinement that was the classroom! The air was cool with a breeze that made the trees sway ever so slightly. The sun beat down upon the flowers that edged the sidewalk that the girl walked upon giving it a very peaceful look. Like always she made her way toward a bench that set in the farthest corner from everyone else, after all she didn't know any of the people here. Well she knew them but trusted none of them enough to speak with them. The girl, named Darci by the people whom she had once trusted, carefully took her place upon the bench and patiently waited. Myles, her only friend and more of adoptive father, was late again. Everyday he would bring her lunch out to the courtyard so she didn't have to face all of the others in the halls and such. More though it was for the two of them to have time to talk since he was her councilor by job. They would talk about what had happened the first half of the day and how it made her fell and so on and so forth. It was really just a bunch of sappy bull crap that she had to answer in case she accidentally hurt someone...again. It wasn't her fault really, the boy was the one that frightened her after all but still it made her feel bad all the same. For the most part though she felt welcomed here, like she fit in even if she was a hazard to everyone around her most of the time. The best part was that here no one cared that you were different, they just went with it mainly due to the fact they were different themselves. Even if she hadn't any friends this sure beat life out on the streets. Food always found its way to you with out you having to go out and scrape up left overs out of the trash plus there was a roof over your head save when you were outside, and a bed was always waiting back in your room for you. Most of all, here she was wanted, she was cared for unlike her life before. Even if Myles wasn't around there was someone here to care for her, to watch over her. Now there was downsides to this seemingly paradise, such as homework and classwork but it was a slight price to pay for being here. This was home.
Down about her feet there was many things to use to pass the time, a fuzzy caterpillar, some dandelions to make a crown out of, shining stones that could be placed in her fish tank back in her room, and many other wonderous things that sparked a child's interests. First to be found was the caterpillar whom was picked up ever so carefully and placed upon her finger. It's black body inched about her finger as she watched it with extreme interest before it began to bore her thus it was placed back into the grass.
"You know my mother used to call those fuzzy boogers after her father. I could never understand why until now. They kinda do look like boogers if you think about it." The ever familiar voice of Myles called out as he approached her. He more than anyone knew to announce his presence before getting too close. Upon their first meeting she had left nasty cuts upon his arms from where he had grabbed her when she went to run from him. That was before she knew he was trying to help. Now though they looked past it, and after almost a year of being here they had forgotten completely.
"Really?" The girl asked with a slight giggle as she watched the insect crawl away from them.
"Really, kinda like how she called the bathroom the Oval Office. That's where ****** went down." Both of them took a moment to have a hardy laugh. Once the laughter died the man took his seat next to the girl handing over the brown paper bag he had been holding. "Same as always. Ham sandwich with mayo, a bag of chips, some pickle slices, and a juice box." He grew quiet for a moment, refusing to release the bag as she tried to take it. "Though I'd like us to eat somewhere else today."
"How come?" The girl asked confused. Somewhere else? But they had eaten here everyday since she had gotten here. Why move now?
"I have a meeting I want you to come to with me, it might help you to make friends." The man smiled standing again offering her a hand. Hesitately she took his offering and followed, though made sure to show her objection by walking rather slow and dragging her feet every now and again.
"What is this meeting about?" Darci asked a bit nervous. She had to stay calm or-or the blades would come again. She hated when the blades came out, they hurt so much and got her clothes all bloody, though the more she tried to stop them the more they came...sometimes it just didn't seem fair.
"I've pulled together some of my other pacients for lunch so we can all get to know each other, maybe become friends. Don't worry this won't happen all the time, just once a week at the most." He led her down the long hall towards his office. The hall was empty save for the doors that lined either side of it leading to the many different classrooms. Most of the walls had nothing on them though a few had signs telling what room was what though one could hardly see the white letters on the light blue walls. Whom ever painted it knew nothing about color scheme clearly. Once at the room Myles opened the door to revile a few people sitting about the table (I'll let you choose if this is your characters). Instant anxiety gripped the girl as the heads of the other students turned towards her. "It's alright, they aren't going to hurt you." The man whispered in her ear. "Come on now I'll introduce you all then we can eat alright?" With a slow nod Darci agreed and took a step into the room. She sat as far away as she could from the others at the table, making sure to keep her head down as she did. The blades threatened to show themselves the more she thought about the students sitting with her though somehow she kept them at bay. Myles sat next to her with his kind smile. "Everyone this is Darci." He announced.
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 62
Posted: 11/21/2017 at 11:04 PM Post #2
~August~

August was seated at the corner of the table furthest from the door with Minnie lying on the floor next to him. He had known all week that today was going to be a tough one. Between Mr. McCoy's book report, his medication being cut, and this little get together, he felt more wiped out than he had In a long time.
He rested his elbows on the table and rubbed his temples in a small attempt to block out the veritable hum of activity around him. Up until that a few years ago he had been on medication to subdue his powers so that they only worked when he actively focused on them, but over the last 2-3 years they had been gradually reducing his dosage. Now he was expected to control his powers by willpower alone 24/7 and was reasonably distracted because of it.

August barely noticed Myles and the girl enter the room until he introduced her. As soon as his attention was drawn to Darci his mental focus cleared and he was easily able to tell how uncomfortable she was, though to be fair it was pretty easy to tell even from just looknig at the way she kept nervously looking at everyone.
After a slightly awkward few seconds of silence august decided to introduce himself, making an effort to look and sound as calm and friendly as possible. "Hey, I'm August." he said as he raised his hand in a small wave. Minnie took notice and stood up with an audible clink of her tags. "And this is Minnie." he said as he gave the dog a affectionate pat on the head.

(OOC: I definitely shouldn't be RPing this late... its past 12 right now and I've got school tomorrow... this was a bad idea.)
Thisby
Level 20
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 74
Posted: 11/22/2017 at 5:55 AM Post #3
Amie looked up, then played with her flower pin. She studied Miles nervously she
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/22/2017 at 5:51 PM Post #4
"H-hi..." The girl as we're clearly not enthusiastic about being put in this situation. Slowly she moved herself to be behind Myles whom in returned stepped aside and gently pushed her forward.
"Alright so it looks like we are all here now. How about some lunch?" Myles said before making his own why to the table. "I ordered a pizza earlier if anyone wants any." He added before pulling a seat out for Darci. Slowly she walked over keeping her head low as she did. Once seated Myles took his own seat.
Thisby
Level 20
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 74
Posted: 11/22/2017 at 5:53 PM Post #5
Amie faked a smile, and she looked quite nervous
Shayni
Level 63
Trickster
Threads: 164
Posted: 11/22/2017 at 5:58 PM Post #6
Harper looked up from her hands for a second, then back down. She sighed. Both the younger girls didn't seem to glad to be there. She heard the boy- he seemed her age -introduce himself and the dog sitting beside him, but didn't bother doing the same.
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 11/22/2017 at 7:15 PM Post #7
~August~

Well... this certainly was a first. It seemed as if he was actually the least shy of the group for once. He noticed Myles giving him a passing smile and nod as if to say he was doing well.
"Yeah, I could go for some pizza. Just as long as there's no pineapple... I'm allergic." that last part was for the benefit of the three girls of whom all but one seemed to be younger than him.
He wasn't familiar with any of them, though he had seen them around a few times. Considering that he'd been at the school for ten years it was a little odd that he didn't know any of their names, especially the oldest girl who should've been in at least a few of his classes considering that they seemed to be the same age.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/26/2017 at 10:17 PM Post #8
"No worries it is a simple cheese." The man answered before going over to his desk and retrieving the fresh hot pizza that had been delivered while he was out fetching Darci. Carefully he put the pizza down on the table before handed out paper plates to all of them. "Dig in, there is plenty to go around." He smiled. Darci though was looking down at the table, clearly not at all happy to be there. After a moment though she carefully looked up at the other kids studying them for a moment. They seemed well enough though she would need to see what their powers were before fully deciding.
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 11/26/2017 at 10:42 PM Post #9
~August~

As august began to dig in to the pizza he allowed himself a moment to clear his mind and calmly analyze the others in the room with him. It took him a second to focus his attention to only those within the room, but he managed to block out everything else. Once he had though it was quite obvious just how tense the three girls were, especially Darci who seemed to be anxiously eyeing the rest of them.

Placing his slice back down onto his plate August hesitated a moment and then addressed Myles. "I uh... think we should, you know... maybe talk a bit about ourselves." He said this while trying to convey his exact meaning to Myles. That being that the tension only seemed to be building, and that it would be good to keep up a conversation to help everyone relax.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/28/2017 at 6:45 PM Post #10
"That's an idea yes. Would you like to start us off?" Myles asked after swallowing his bite of pizza. Darci lightly and slowly reached for a slice taking it before eating slowly,her eyes still wandering around the room at the other kids. Maybe they weren't so bad...just keep telling yourself that...
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.