Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Trick or Treat - way to skip players?
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Darillion
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 3
Posted: 11/6/2017 at 8:42 PM Post #1
I had a bad experience recently entering the festival zone chat and finding a player complaining about an item I just Trick or Treated them, it made me feel very unwelcome in chat, especially due to the responses of other players, even after I mentioned how this made me feel.

The player continues to ToT me, despite being unhappy with what I have to give.

I feel really uncomfortable responding to them now, but unfortunately this leaves everyone behind them in line at my door inaccessible to me to respond to.

It would be useful if there was a way to skip people in line. Just a "next trick or treater" button or similar. I don't mind the request staying there, I just don't want to have to respond to it.
Edited By Darillion on 11/6/2017 at 8:43 PM.
Alchemy
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 109
Posted: 11/8/2017 at 8:09 PM Post #2
Why not just give them the piece of candy and move on? Giving candy doesn't affect you at all and is a free action to do.
Darillion
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/8/2017 at 8:22 PM Post #3
Thank you for displaying exactly the behaviour that has made me feel so uncomfortable here - ignoring and invalidating people's feelings as if they are unimportant and irrelevant.

"Giving candy doesn't affect you at all" - as I've already said, that makes me feel very uncomfortable and upset, so yes, it does affect me. So you already know why I don't want to do that, as I've stated this in my OP. So, thanks for your very unhelpful and unnecessary comment.
Alchemy
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 109
Posted: 11/9/2017 at 5:17 AM Post #4
While you obviously took offense to something that I meant no offense by, I do have another suggestion.

Maybe try blocking the player? It might keep them from showing up again in your rotation. You'd probably at the very least have to still give them one more candy to get them out of your queue. I'm not sure if this will work or not, but it's worth a shot.
Lavelle
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 77
Posted: 11/9/2017 at 8:49 PM Post #5
No support for a skip button from me - it'd be regressing back to the days of people sending ToT requests but never handing candy out.

I would add it's highly unlikely this person even notices themselves ToTing you or claiming/not claiming your candy anyway as they likely just do it en masse as most do. It's only items that stick and make it very clear who's sent what as they can't be mass claimed and have to be individually clicked and accepted through trades and the ToT page.
Edited By Lavelle on 11/9/2017 at 8:52 PM.
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 11/9/2017 at 9:13 PM Post #6
I don't think the site needs an "I want to be vindictive" option. If you can't bring yourself to give someone a free site generated candy, then make the effort to do the ToT rounds yourself and answer your door from their own doorways, if you see they are standing at your door.
Darillion
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/12/2017 at 12:16 AM Post #7
Alchemy:

Blocking is the first thing I tried to do, but in my searches I found I could only block them from messaging me directly, or pinging me, nothing that would affect ToT. If you know about a more broad block option, I'd love to hear about were I can find it.

Lavelle:

My suggestion does not allow people to not give out but still ToT that same person, as it doesnt 'resolve' their request, merely allows a person to, essentially, leave some requests open. You would not be able to then continue ToTing them, unless you did decide to send them something.

I'm not sure what the second part of your comment is attempting to communicate, as them seeing my candy is not something that I am worried about? I do wonder why they continue to regularly and consistently ToT me, as I'm not doing so to them, so this means they arent just mass clicking through those at their door and responding to me that way, so that means they are inputting my name directly/clicking through until they find me, which is odd given the complaints they were making about me in chat. Probably they've no idea I was ipset by it, I believe they left right after posting, and before I got over my shock enough to respond. I can't control their behaviour though, but what I am asking for is a way to avoid continuing this interaction on my end, since it is upsetting for me. I don't really understand why people are so... aggressively opposed to people being able to avoid situations that are uncomfortable or upsetting, especially in a game, where I'd really rather just have a nice time, you know?

If you have another suggestion of a better way to do this, I am all ears.

Zelly: Wanting to avoid someone who hurt you is not vindictive, wanting to "get back at them" by harming them in turn is - I just want to avoid being hurt/upset more, not hurt or harm them in any way. My few pieces of candy are not going to make or break their ToT experience. So please, explain how that is "Vindictive?".

I am, in fact, and have been from before I even posted this, continuing to ToT, as I couldn't find a way around this, and did not want to be locked out of ToTing just because I was upset. It continued to be upsetting, though, whenever they pop up, and unfortunately your workaround, which is something I'd already attempted, only works if there were significantly less players! Even going through as I am now, I can only find a fraction of those waiting at my door. If I could see a list, I could do it manually, but alas that is not an option either. It is however another possible alternative solution, that I'd be happy with.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 11/17/2017 at 7:23 PM Post #8
Have you tried PMing the player and explaining how you feel?
Xenios
Level 68
The Tender
Threads: 114
Posted: 11/23/2017 at 1:34 PM Post #9
Perhaps try PMing or otherwise contacting the player and explaining how you feel, then politely asking them to avoid ToTing you as best they can. It's worth a shot, I think.

...If I may be so blunt...and I really don't mean this in an offensive, rude, hostile way or anything of the sort...

If you do contact them I'd avoid saying things in a tone as you said
'Thank you for displaying exactly the behaviour that has made me feel so uncomfortable here - ignoring and invalidating people's feelings as if they are unimportant and irrelevant.'
in your response to Alchemy. It is sarcastic and comes off as abrasive, which can make others feel as 'uncomfortable' and hurt as you say you were made to feel. Remember, kindness is often contagious.
Silvermoonlight
Level 70
Threads: 11
Posted: 11/23/2017 at 3:16 PM Post #10
why not continue sending this user the same item they complain about each time they ToT at your door? they'll have to get tired sooner or later
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.