Forum Index > Fan Fiction > The Birth of the Cosmos
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Reignofheaven
Level 70
Master Egg Hunter
Threads: 9
Posted: 11/3/2017 at 1:26 AM Post #1
This is an ongoing fan fiction project of mine, most likely just short little blurbs about this world's lore. It's based off of my zolnixi and zolnixi desings. This story's zolnixi design is at the end.
If you'd like to stay updated, I'll happily add you to a ping list.

Part One: Breath of Life

It had no name, no gender, no race or species.

No form or shape.

A simple thought in a sea of emptiness.

It remained in this state for eons, slowly formulating a set of thoughts and moods. Once this began, sentience cascaded and collected into a being that could finally think.

A sudden blink and flicker of brilliant black flames appeared from everywhere and nowhere, illuminating the silent void for the first time. It appeared treacherously weak, threatening to cease and once again plunge the world into darkness.

But as the this timeless plane crawled on, the flames grew stronger. A once meager wisp climbed into confident plumes, tendrils lapping out towards the unknown. The being, pleased with its temporary form, collected itself into a fiery, black ball. As it calmed and cooled, tiny dots of brilliant white light scattered themselves within the onyx flames.

It sat and contemplated the nothingness around it, wondering many things. Why was it the only one? What was it? What was its purpose? For many decades it pondered, struggling to understand its self made creation.

Only one conclusion presented itself.

Its purpose was to create.

It first decided on a more tangible form. Something that could move and speak and see. Something that could last for many, many years.

Envisioning many things, the being began to take shape. A long snout was the first to emerge from the roaring flames, pure white in color. More and more followed, the flames shrinking as legs and a tail finally emerged. The last wisps of fire gracefully settled onto its new shape, forming wings. A few stragglers floated down, missing their chance to join the rest. They settled at the feet and tail, finally connecting the pieces into one whole.

It was silent at first, eyes closed as if in deep concentration.

Then, without warning, it burst to life.

Magical runes of rainbow flew across its silken fur, potent life energy pulsing along each mark. The ethereal fire at its back cast a glowing white light, further aided by the colorless twinkling dots within it. Infinite stretches of universe were born within these wings, capable of godly feats. It stood in its breathtaking glory, gleaming black eyes brimming with determination.

The moment that the silent, empty eternity dreaded had finally arrived.

The birth of the cosmos.
Edited By Reignofheaven on 11/5/2017 at 2:52 AM.
Reignofheaven
Level 70
Master Egg Hunter
Posted: 11/5/2017 at 2:29 AM Post #2
Part Two: The Male

Previous Characters:

The Creator

The being sat, content with the new form it manifested. The power in its compact body was formidable, with its magical powers confined to the runes and spirit flames. It was decidedly male, choosing to forgo a name. In time, he would become known as The Creator.

The Creator sat back on his haunches and blankly stared ahead. He had no idea how to go about the business of making things, let alone what he should create.

Another vast plane made of one material? He shook his head. How could anything live in a place like that? Maybe more balls of energy, like me! It seemed a good idea, but he quickly realized that anything without sentience would simply wither away. How do I get it to think? To move? To live?

That left him quite stumped. What was it, to live? Did they need to be like him, or could he create a being utterly opposite to his form? Could anything simply come into existence as he did? Maybe he could simply wait and see if anything else came to be

He again shook his head. He knew he was to be the only one in this world. If he didnt do anything, then nothing would surely be his reward. A sudden idea pinged into his head, shining brightly among his confusion.

The life energy I have can surely be passed down to something else beings like me should be able to nurture it within themselves. They wont be as powerful or durable

He scrunched his eyes up in concentration, trying to imagine how to go about creating a copy of himself.

Hmmm white, no black. White? Thats a good start. Color like mine, eyes like mine, build like mine. Yes, that will do.

He reached into the vast universe within his flames and began to meld atoms, fusing star dust and dark matter into materials the world had never known. Fur and claws and teeth grew from his wings, eventually forming a copy of himself.

The Creator eyed his creation with weariness, wondering just how it would function in this plane. Its fur was a brilliant white, lifeless eyes pitch black.

Hmm The Male. I suppose I can think of more creative names later. He sat and watched The Male, growing worried as it simply stood motionless. Something is definitely missing Its like a spark isnt there. A light-Ah! He shook his head, smirking at his own stupidity. No amount of material can replace the flame of life.

With that revelation, The Creator reached within his colorful runes, pulling out the smallest bit of colorless life energy. He handled the small, sparkling ball with the utmost care. As he held his paw up to The Males eyes, he gave it a gentle puff of air.

The ball of light swirled forward, resting on The Males snout before sinking downwards. At first, nothing seemed to have happened. The Male continued to stare ahead, much to The Creators chagrin.
Then, much like The Creators birth, The Males eyes glowed a bright white. His fur rustled and flowed in the swirls of a spectral wind. His body glowed with an almost blinding light, surprising The Creator with its brilliance. As it died down, The Male began to slowly blink.

The Male

The Creator wagged his tail and peered at his creation with expectant eyes, welcoming another life into the world. At that moment, for no particular reason, a terrified chill ran down The Creator's spine.
Reignofheaven
Level 70
Master Egg Hunter
Posted: 11/5/2017 at 2:43 AM Post #3
Part Three: Rise of Malice

Previous Characters:

The Creator

The Male

The birth of The Creator had sent a significant ripple racing across the void. Its previously peaceful state had come to a crashing end, that offensively loud being tearing away its unrivaled power. It was a simple backdrop now, a mute witness to the will of whatever had barged into its realm.

The void began to grow unhappy.

What was previously inanimate, simple nothingness, grew into consciousness. It seethed and boiled, reviled by the bright colors and light The Creator wore so proudly. All it wanted, the only thing it wanted, was the cold and final embrace of eternity. The unending span of silence and destitution. This is what the void could control. This is where its power lay.

So it gathered its anger, day by day, year by year, and channeled it. The hatred grew into energy; energy grew into form. It wasnt long before certain patches of the voids fabric began to thicken and twist, forming grotesque knots. They squirmed and writhed, growing tighter and tighter. For a while it was content in its twisted form, despising anything remotely similar to The Creator.

Then The Creator brought The Male into the world.

This offense was far too much for the void. It could barely stand one of these vile creatures in its realm, but two?!?

The void silently screeched in fury, its thoughts shielded from The Creator.

Disgusting Unnatural Heathen!
Kill Kill it. Must snuff out the light. Destroy the color DESTROY.

The kinks and knots began to take shape, directly mimicking that of The Creators. Pitch black fur, darker than even The Creator could make, covered the beings body. The void's tendrils clawed at it, eagerly sculpting it to their wicked design. It walked forward on unsteady legs, eyes shut tight as the hatred thundered through its veins. An unnerving moment of silence passed before they snapped open.

Glowing irises of a sinister red pierced through its surroundings. It smiled, revealing razor sharp teeth.

Destroy The Creator. Destroy The Creator, and I shall reign eternal.

The being, who would come to earn the name The Destroyer, sank back into the void.
Reignofheaven
Level 70
Master Egg Hunter
Posted: 11/5/2017 at 2:47 AM Post #4
Part Four: The Female

Previous Characters:

The Creator

The Male

The Destroyer

Many years had passed since The Creator brought The Male into the void. Both had gotten along quite well, with the Creator quickly taking on the role of teacher for his very confused prodigee. The Creator told The Male of his beginning and his own creation, detailing the magics he used. It didn't take long for The Creator to notice that The Male completely lacked life runes or any kind of magic at all for that matter. It didn't bother The Male in the least bit, but something else did

The Male sat and quietly looked upwards, unnerved by the constant void that pressed them.

"Creator, have you ever thought of creating something that would replace the void? Somewhere else to go?"

The Creator, who had been aimlessly walking ahead of The Male, stopped abruptly. In the hundreds of thousands of years he was alive, the thought had never crossed his mind. He frowned.

"Not exactly, no. I know I must create, but I have created you. I will pass down my knowledge as best I can and then we'll see what happens."

A frustrated huff escaped The Male, his eyes downcast.

"I've listened and learned for so long. I don't possess your magics or power. I cannot walk in your pawprints as you wish. There's nothing more to do, Creator. Must we live in this void forever? Can you not make something more to drive it away?"

The Creator certainly didn't appreciate the challenging tone in The Male's voice, but the question sent a spark of interest coursing through him. Could he create another plane to exist in?

It would certainly save us from the strange hostility the void has been emitting

It was something both beings noticed. There was a growing unwelcome feeling that constantly surrounded them. More than a few times The Creator felt as if something was watching them something that could appear within any given moment.

The Creator turned to The Male and gave him a curt nod.

"Perhaps it is time I return to my true purpose."

The Male's eyes lit up with barely contained excitement. He skipped up to The Creator's side, blurting out another question.

"Can you create another one of us? Someone like me, but..." The Male trailed off, lacking the knowledge and words to describe just what he wanted.

The Creator, however, could easily guess what The Male was talking about.

"The Female? She was the first form I intended to take, but I wanted to save the most beautiful for last."

With that, The Creator again reached into his wings and formed The Female. Her fur was black as night, eyes white as The Creator's fur coat. He set the flame of life onto her nose and watched The Female come to life, much to the amazement of The Male.

"Is this how I was created?" He said in awe.

"The same exact way."

The Female batted her long eyelashes, not sure what to make of the two beings standing in front of her. She opened her mouth, dumbfounded. It was The Creator that spoke first, his voice full of warmth.

"Welcome, Female. Welcome to our home."

Her fear was immediately quelled by the air of friendliness coming from her two new companions. She dipped her head in respect, eagerly listening as The Male introduced himself. The Creator then spoke about the void and the nature of his existence, leaving her beyond fascinated. It wasn't until the end of his speech that she finally got to speak.

"Thank you, Creator, for allowing me to live. I hope that I can learn much from you both. But..." She trailed off, fear clouding her eyes.

Both The Creator and The Male frowned, confusion etched into their features.

"What's wrong?" The Male said, his protective nature already developing.

"You may speak freely." The Creator encouraged. "There's nothing to fear here."

The Female swallowed her uncertainty and stared straight ahead, past the shoulders of The Creator and The Male.

"Who... who is he?"
Edited By Reignofheaven on 12/9/2017 at 12:10 AM.
Reignofheaven
Level 70
Master Egg Hunter
Posted: 11/5/2017 at 2:52 AM Post #5
Part Five: The Ancestral Pair

Previous Characters:

The Creator

The Male

The Female

The Creator whipped around, eyes frantically searching the emptiness. An ominous presence could easily be felt, but nothing seen. The Male brushed up against The Creators side, fur standing on end.

"I thought I saw something red." He quickly turned to The Female. "What exactly did you see?"

She balked from the demanding tone in his voice, but an encouraging murmur from The Creator eased her into recollection.

"I remember a bright light, like a flame, and then opening my eyes. You were here, talking to me. I listened, but as you continued something started to walk out of the...the..."

"Void." The Creator gently added.

"Yes. The Void. It looked like me, but his eyes were so red." She suddenly hunkered downward, ears pinned back. "I don't feel safe here."

The Male quickly paced over to The Female, comforting her with words of confidence. The Creator silently thanked him before clenching his jaw, worried.

Something is here and not just in an intangible way. We must get away from it. Theres no knowing what it will do.

The Creator walked forward, eyes locked ahead. He ignored the confused stares The Male and The Female gave him, instead focusing on his connection to the void.

There must be a spot, one nearby. A place where the void is weak and uncertain. That will be the place! That will be their home.

He continued to trod on, stuck in a concentrative trance. The Male and The Female exchanged worried glances before racing after him, always on his heels. They obediently followed for what felt like days, neither daring to interrupt The Creators deep meditation. It wasn't until he stopped dead in his tracks that The Female spoke up.

"Creator, what are you doing?"

"Here!" He shouted abruptly, nearly startling the fur off of his creations. "This is the place." A wide smile was plastered all over The Creators muzzle as he sat on his haunches. He closed his eyes, gathering the magics within him for an unrivaled feat. The Male and The Female frowned, puzzled by The Creator's cryptic response.

"The place for what?" The Male questioned.

The Creator opened one eye, a twinkle of mischief in it. "Do you remember the new materials I showed you?"

A shock of excitement raced through The Male as he eagerly nodded his head. The Female furrowed her brow even further, discontent at her lack of knowledge. The Male giddily turned to her.

"The Creator has been working on new things, things that aren't you or me. Things we can walk on and play in! Things that will come together to make our home."

The Female was immediately curious, further encouraged by The Males abounding enthusiasm. They both sat and waited, awed by the seemingly infinite materials The Creator retrieved from his wings. Clear and fluid, full of bubbles. Hard and crumbly. Soft and green. Orange and red and full of searing heat. On and on he went, combining and building. Pools of liquid turned into lakes. Piles of rocks turned into hills. Oceans. Mountains. Fields, forests, and streams. It was so immense The Male and The Female couldn't even begin to comprehend it.

Years passed, with The Male and The Female soon romping about in their new home. The Creator had been pleased with his work, but he was even more pleased by the happiness it brought his creations. The world he created was infinitely complex and yet infinitely simple. It was perfect for them.

He trotted down a steep, mud filled bank towards his creations, who were languidly laying in a cool stream.

"I've done what I can. This world should last forever in the void. It will be safe from anything and everything, except the two of you."

The Male and The Female gave The Creator a quizzical look, not yet leaving the refreshing water. The Creator continued.

"After the success of this place, I wish to go out and create more. The void is unending and therefore full of unending possibilities. Infinite opportunities. I cannot begin to imagine what will become of this reality." He said mystically. "In short, I must leave you."

The Male and The Female immediately jumped up in shock, sputtering out stunned protests.

"You cant!" The Male cried, eyes full of fear.

"What will we do here? We cannot make anything!" The Female questioned.

The Creator gave a small sigh, realizing that their concerns weren't without reason. After a few quiet moments, he came to a resolution.

"I will create more of you, all the same. You both have more potential than you know. So, as The Creator, I command you to be still and hear my words."

Both The Male and The Female sat on the muddy bank, ears pricked forward. They knew the words their creator was about to bestow would guide them forward.

"You are The Ancestral Pair, ancestors to all that I will create. You will guide your kin around this place and teach them everything there is to know. The grass, the earth, the sky; it is all your domain." The Creator's voice suddenly took a stern tone. "The void is forbidden for you to traverse. Until I return, you will have nowhere else to dwell. Treat this place well."

The Creator then walked forward, a foot away from his creations.

"I wish to pass on a portion of my magics to you and only you. This magic is that of color. You may access it whenever you wish, for it will be locked inside you for eternity. Bestow the gift of color to your kin and they too will become like you, but unable to wield any other color besides that which you give them."

The Ancestral Pair nodded silently, tears welling in both their eyes. The Creator gave them a warm smile, proud of how far they had come.

"I know you will usher in a new era for this place. A new beginning and birth. Do not fear or doubt what is unknown. Now, with all that I am, was, and will be, I endow upon you the magic of infinite color. Go forth, magic of mine, and reside within them until the end of time."

The pulsing rainbow runes on The Creator's body flew off of him, snaking forward in beautiful ribbons. They gently entered The Ancestral Pair, soon disappearing. The Creator stood quietly as the tasked was finished. The Ancestral Pair gasped.

"Creator your color..." The Male stuttered. "It's-"

"Gone." The Creator said. "Permanently. I have given you this magic to cherish and for you alone. I will never again possess it, but this is a small gift to give."

The Ancestral Pair were at a loss for words. It was too great, this gift. The Female shook her head.

"I cannot accept this. What have we done for you, Creator? We simply exist as your creations. We deserve no such kindness, no such miracle."

The Creator gave a small laugh.

"You've listened. You've laughed. You've kept me company in a silent world. Use it well."

With that, The Creator conjured up twenty more males and females. He gave each the flame of life, again encouraging The Ancestral Pair to treat them as their kin and students. He felt much pride as The Ancestral Pair fought back more tears, nodding vigorously and immediately attending to the new creations. He left them like that, greeting new life in a new world. A sense of overwhelming happiness enveloped him as he left.

It wasnt to last and neither was he.
Edited By Reignofheaven on 12/9/2017 at 12:58 AM.
Reignofheaven
Level 70
Master Egg Hunter
Posted: 11/5/2017 at 2:53 AM Post #6
Reserved for Part Six: The Sacrifice
Edited By Reignofheaven on 11/5/2017 at 2:53 AM.
Reignofheaven
Level 70
Master Egg Hunter
Posted: 11/5/2017 at 3:20 AM Post #7
Reserved for Part Seven: The Descendants

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.