Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Navisparkles101
Level 65
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 32
Posted: 10/11/2017 at 4:05 PM Post #1

{Chapter One}

We close in on Esior Haven, a small town located in Viridian Meadows. We close in on a young girl, looking to be in her teenage years, buying large sacks of food, water, and other items. After buying all the items she needed, she started to walk her way home. The young girl had tan-ish skin, with green eyes and dark brown hair. She had on a warm looking outfit on and carried around a staff, which was at her house.

A few minutes later, a house appeared in the distance. Sighing with relief, the girl started to walk towards the house until she reached the door. She twisted open the iron doorknob and walked in. As soon as she did, she set all her stuff down on the couch. The house was entirely made of wood, and decorated with things the girl had collected over the years. Large paintings and hand-made furniture were everywhere, along with a small kitchen.

The girl stretched her arms, which were sore from carrying around the luggage too long. She then turned to the bags and picked one of them up. She grabbed several iron food bowls from the kitchen and headed outside again. This time, in a different direction. She stopped suddenly at a large farm, painted with various colors like pink, blue, purple, and, you get the idea.

As soon as the girl opened the door, a green and blackish green Zolnixi jumped on her and started licking her face.
The girl, surprised, started laughing, "Ivyshade!! Cut it out, girl!" Instantly, Ivyshade backed off, letting the girl grab the stuff off the grass and walk inside. As the door shuts closed, a sign flutters outside the door. It says: "Welcome To Fluffy Homes! The Fluffiest Stable you'll ever find!"

Suddenly, the door once again fluttered open, "Oops! Almost forgot one thing!" The girl's arm reaches out to turn the sign. The girl closed the door again and the sign now said the words:

"We Are Open!"
Edited By Navisparkles101 on 10/14/2017 at 10:55 AM.
Navisparkles101
Level 65
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 10/11/2017 at 4:11 PM Post #2

{Chapter Two}

Business was booming as usual at Fluffy Homes. People with their Sylesti were coming and going, seeking medical help, and buying items that the young girl had made. By the end of the day, the girl had gotten a lot of money from her customers. Sighing happily she walked over to the pantry, filled with the food she had bought earlier that day. She grabbed the bowls and filled them with food, then headed to another room. When she opened the door, all her Sylesti looked at her.

"Alright, cut it out. I know you guys are hungry,", the girl set down the bowls of food, "Eat up!"

With that, the Sylesti began to chow down. Satisfied, the young girl went to the front door. She was about to turn the sign when she saw a bright light not too far away. The light grew closer and closer until it reached Fluffy Homes. The light was nothing but a torch, which was being held by an elderly man with his Sylesti; a Ryori.

The old man spoke, his voice rough yet understandable, "Are you open? If so please help my little Ryori."

The girl looked down at the Ryori. It was an Adolescent, but it still looked rather young. It was dark blue, with white markings and blue eyes and orbs. Normally the orbs, along with the eyes, would glow. But there was something wrong with this one. The Ryori looked hurt, which could explain the dull look of the orbs and eyes.

The girl spoke, "I was about to close, but since your Ryori looks hurt, I guess I can keep it open a few more hours."

The old man smiled, "Thank you so much! This means so much to me!" With that, the old man and his Ryori walked inside. They followed the girl to the stables.

"Will you be leaving him for tonight? Or will you be leaving as soon as I heal him?"

"Overnight miss."

"Please, call me Navi.", Navi said.

The old man smiled, "Okay then Navi, I will be leaving him overnight."

Navi nodded, "Okay. Make sure to pick him up in the morning. He should be healed by then."

The old man nodded, paid Navi for her trouble, and headed back the way he came. The Ryori turned to look at Navi with sad eyes.

"Don't worry, he'll be back for you tomorrow. In the meantime, let's go heal you up." Navi turned to the medical room, with the Ryori following. Navi grabbed a few things, then turned to the Ryori.

"This may sting a little, so hold still.". Navi poured a little bit of elixir on the Ryori's wounds. In reaction, the Ryori flinched a little but didn't try to run. After Navi was done, she walked to the stables with the Ryori following her. Navi opened the door to stables.

"You'll be sleeping here for a while. Until your owner gets back okay?", Navi smiled sweetly at the Ryori, then closed the door. The Ryori was left with 27 other Sylesti staring at him.

One of them, a gray Zolnixi, walked up to the Ryori and spoke, "Hello! You must be new here. Are you staying overnight? Or are you new?"

The Ryori shyly answered, "S-staying overnight."

The Zolnixi smiled, "Cool! Well, what's your name?"

The Ryori whispered, "Midnight...."

The Zolnixi walked closer up to him, "What did you say your name was?"

The Ryori spoke again, this time loudly so everyone could hear, " My name is Midnight."
Edited By Navisparkles101 on 10/14/2017 at 10:55 AM.
Navisparkles101
Level 65
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 10/11/2017 at 4:12 PM Post #3

{Chapter Three}

"Oh!! That's a cool name!!", the gray Zolnixi said. "I'm Engineer! You can just call me Gi-GI though."
"W-well, it's a pleasure meeting you..", Midnight replied, offering out his paw for Engineer to shake.

Engineer happily shook it, wearing a huge grin on her face. She suddenly spread her Steampunk Wings and flew into the air, still holding onto Midnight.
She suddenly screamed with joy, "I made a new friend!!" She flew in circles, making Midnight very dizzy.

Suddenly, a deeper voice spoke, "Well, look what we have here. A newcomer."
Engineer and Midnight both turned in the voice's direction. The one who spoke was a light purple Zolnixi with Rainbow Life Runes and Talismans.

"Oh, hi Kovu!!", Engineer exclaimed happily, immediately landing on the ground. She let go of Midnight.
"Hello, Gi-Gi.", Kovu said, licking her cheek affectionately.

Engineer licked his cheek in response. "This is my new friend Midnight.", she pointed over to Midnight, who was still dizzy from being in the air. "He's staying the night."

"Ah, so I see.", Kovu responded. He padded over to where Midnight was washing his paws. Midnight looked up and saw Kovu standing above him. He jumped back in surprise.
"Do not be alarmed.", Kovu said, wearing a gentle grin on his face, "I am no foe, for I am a friend."

But, regardless, Midnight was still scared of Kovu. His ears folded back in fear, and his orbs dimmed from a bright sky blue to a grayish blue.

"Forgive him Kovu.", Engineer padded over to the two of them, "He is still an Adolescent. Besides, I believe he just misses his owner."

"Owner-Smowner!!!", a feminine voice said behind Kovu. Kovu turned around, his once welcoming aura now an annoyed one.

"And what do you want Ivyshade?", Kovu asked, his three tails wagging in annoyance.

"Oh nothing, I just wanted to see the newcomer.", Ivyshade said mockingly, padding closer to Midnight.

Midnight backed away in response. His orbs were pitch-black now, which meant that he was just plain TERRIFIED of them. He backed into one of the corners of the stable.

"See, now look what you did.", Engineer pointed over to where Midnight was. "You both scared him!!"

Kovu sighed, "I'll go talk to him." Kovu padded over to Midnight. "You okay? We didn't mean to scare you." Kovu put his paw on Midnight. Midnight immediately flinched away.

Kovu sighed in defeat. Talking to Midnight was useless at this point. He wasn't responding, and it looked like he would be unresponsive until morning. Standing up on all fours, Kovu padded back over to his mate and Ivyshade. He glared at Ivyshade, slightly growling. Ivyshade growled back in response.

"It's your fault he's like this now.", Kovu said angrily. "Now he won't talk to me."

"Well,", Ivyshade started, " I think he was more scared of you than he was of me."

"You made fun of him!", Kovu growled teeth showed. His tails lashed angrily. "If you weren't such a brat, we wouldn't be going through this."

Ivyshade's tail bristled, "How dare you call me a brat!!" She scoffed, "I am highly offended. NOT!!" Ivyshade stuck out her green tongue and walked away.

Engineer yawned and stretched her paws, "Welp, I'm gonna go to bed. See you in the morning Kovu."

"Night.", Kovu said. He looked over at Midnight, who had not moved from the corner.

With a sigh, Kovu curled up in a ball and went to sleep.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

"BANDITS!!!!!", Ivyshade cried into Kovu's ear.

Kovu stood up immediately. "What?!

"You heard me!", Ivyshade said. "And they're taking the children from the nursery!!"
Edited By Navisparkles101 on 10/14/2017 at 10:54 AM.
Navisparkles101
Level 65
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 10/11/2017 at 4:14 PM Post #4

{Chapter Four}

"Are they inside the nursery right now?!", Kovu asked frantically.

"No.", Ivyshade replied, tail fluffed up in fear, "At least, not yet." Ivyshade looked outside, her green ears folding back. "Get everyone else up, we're gonna need as much help as we can get."

With a nod, Kovu ran to the back of the stables, where everyone else was sleeping.

"Purplefang!! Bluefin!! Riverborn!!", Kovu yelled. A blue Zolnixi stood up suddenly.

"W-what's going on?", the blue Zolnixi asked, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Bandits are trying to steal the children from the nursery!", Kovu yelled urgently.

A purple Morkko sat up, along with a light blue Sylvorpa with blue fins. "Bandits you said?", the light blue Sylvorpa asked.

Kovu nodded in response. Suddenly, a loud shriek came from outside, followed by a large explosion.

The other Sylesties in the room awoke with a start, looking around in fear. "What's going on?", they all said with alarm.

Kovu raced out the room, with the blue Zolnixi, the light blue Sylvorpa, and the purple Morkko following close behind. They finally reached the door. Kovu was about to open it when suddenly Ivyshade's body crashed through them.

"Ivyshade!!", the blue Zolnixi yelled. He ran over to his mate, who was lying limply on the floor.

Ivyshade coughed, "I'm alright Riverborn.", she licked his cheek affectionately. She slowly got up, shaking herself.

"What happened?", Riverborn asked examining Ivyshade to make sure she was okay.

"Stupid Bandits.", Ivyshade replied, pulling out a piece of wood that was stuck on her shoulder. "They have their Sylesti with them."

"How many are there?", Kovu asked.

"Two Zolnixi, two Bulbori. All four of them have Shadow Magic.", Ivyshade shivered slightly.

"Well," Kovu peeked outside, "Let's teach them a lesson about manners shall we?"

The four Sylesti nodded in unison and padded out the door. As Kovu peeked around the corner, he noticed two Bandits, one had short blue hair, and the other had long brown hair. They had large brown bags, and were stuffing the eggs carefully in the bags!!

Before Kovu could make a command, Purplefang lunged at them, anger blaring like fire in his eyes.

"Purplefang!!", Bluefin called after him. But it was too late. Purplefang charged at the Bandits with full force and knocked one off its feet.

"Darknight!! Darkflight!! Both of you use Force!", the Bandit cried, pointing at Purplefang. Suddenly, two dark blue Bulbori appeared in front of him. Dark purple matter surrounded them, and at the same time fired a large purple sphere at Purplefang.

Purplefang stumbled back, being hit with the two moves. a black aura surrounded him, his health being siphoned from him. He roared in pain.

"Purplefang no!!", Bluefin yelled in anger. He rushed out into the battle, but before he could attack, a black male Zolnixi charged into his side. Bluefin roared out in pain. He fell to the ground with a thud, the black Zolnixi loomed over him.

"Such a shame.", the Zolnixi said, hovering his paw over Bluefin's body, "You would've been so useful to us. Oh well..."

Riverborn suddenly lunged at the black Zolnixi, jumping on top of him and biting his neck. The black Zolnixi yowled in pain and tried to shake him off. They both fell to the ground, wrestling in the damp grass. Riverborn repeatedly scratched his face, blood staining his claws. The black Zolnixi kicked Riverborn in the gut with his hind legs and sent him flying.

Riverborn fell on his back, cuts, and scrapes covering his whole body. The black Zolnixi lunged on top of him, aiming for Riverborn's neck. Riverborn rolled out the way. The black Zolnixi landed face first in the dirt. Riverborn pounced on the black Zolnixi, raking his claws along his back. The black Zolnixi yowled out in pain and ran off into the woods.

Riverborn stood on all fours. He glanced over at Purplefang, whose life with being siphoned from him. "Kovu!!", he looked over at Kovu and Ivyshade, who stood motionless at the door.

Kovu glanced up at Riverborn giving him his full attention. "I need your help with this!! I need to help Purplefang!!"

With a nod, Kovu ran up to Riverborn and they ran to where Purplefang was. Ivyshade stood up, and while the other Bandit was distracted, went into the nursery. But was stopped by a black female Zolnixi.

"If you think you can stop us, then you're wrong!", the black Zolnixi snarled, her tail bristling.

"Actually, I think I can.", Ivyshade snarled back. She unsheathed her claws, ready to attack.

She lunged onto the black Zolnixi, who shook her off easily. The black Zolnixi spun around and used Vampire Strike. Ivyshade dodged the attack and used Vampire Strike. The black Zolnixi stumbled back, blood coming from her nose. She growled in anger and pain.

"You little-". A whistling noise came from outside.

"Nightwing!! Retreat!!", one of the Bandits screamed from outside.

Nightwing folded her ears back and growled. "This isn't over yet! Just you wait, Ivyshade.". Nightwing unfolded her wings and flew away.

Ivyshade watched her go. She looked back at the children, who were all cowering in the corner. "Are you all okay?", Ivyshade asked, checking to see if any of them had injuries. "Are any of you injured?"

"No, we're okay.", a spotted blue Vulnyx said. "I kept them safe."

Ivyshade chuckled slightly at the little one's bravery. She then remembered that Kovu and the others were still outside. She ran outside, almost breaking down the door. She saw Riverborn, who was trying to heal Purplefang's wounds. She decided to go talk to them.

"Is Purplefang gonna be okay?", Ivyshade asked, nuzzling Riverborn affectionately.

"Yes.", Riverborn replied. "The Siphoned should wear off soon."

Ivyshade nodded. She knew that Purplefang was going to be okay. He was strong and tough.

"How about you Riverborn?", Ivyshade asked.

"A few scratched here and there. But nothing too severe.", Riverborn replied.

Purplefang's body suddenly twitched, "See, he's better already.", Riverborn said. He went silent for a moment before saying, "Go check on Bluefin, see if he's alright."

With a nod, Ivyshade padded over to where Kovu was crouching over Bluefin's body.

"......please, I can't lose you too.", Ivyshade heard Kovu whisper. She crouched in one of the bushes nearby and listened.

"I h-have no choice.", Bluefin said. He coughed up a little bit of blood. "I'm g-going to Sylvorpa H-heaven now."

"Bluefin....no...", Kovu's voice cracked with sorrow. Ivyshade felt tears in her eyes. One tear fell down her face.

"K-Kovu, do one last thing f-for me.", Bluefin weakly requested.

"A-anything for you Bluefin.", Kovu replied.

"Tell my d-daughter Seatail that I l-love her, and tell Purplefang that I....", Bluefin whispered the rest into Kovu's ear. Bluefin suddenly went limp in the grass.

"Bluefin?", Kovu touched his body and froze. Tears started streaming down his face. Ivyshade let the rest of her tears fall.

Goodbye Bluefin., Ivyshade said in her head, May you swim in the clear seas of Sylvorpa Heaven...
Edited By Navisparkles101 on 10/14/2017 at 10:53 AM.
Navisparkles101
Level 65
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 10/11/2017 at 4:18 PM Post #5

{Chapter Five}

The next morning was cold and damp. The rain was pouring heavily outside, and it was starting to seep through the roof. A drop of rain hit Ivyshade's nose, waking her out of her sleep. She rose to her paws and stretched. She glanced around to see Midnight staring out the window. His orbs were slightly dim but were still somewhat blue. Ivyshade padded over to the window and sat next to Midnight.

Midnight turned to look at Ivyshade. "Morning Ivyshade."

"Morning.", Ivyshade responded. "Enjoying the morning weather?"

Midnight chuckled, "Yeah, the rain's nice. It's cold, yes, and it's leaking through the roof." Midnight pointed at the ceiling. "But you know, that's fine."

Ivyshade laughed a little bit. Midnight sounded like he was getting used to everyone. He didn't sound like a frightened Hatchling anymore. He actually sounded like a mature Adolescent.

Midnight's happy expression turned dark, "I heard that one of your friends died last night."

Ivyshade froze. Last night a group of Bandits had tried to take the Hatchlings from the Nursery. However, Kovu, Riverborn, Purplefang, Bluefin, and Ivyshade had tried to stop them. While Purplefang was getting attacked by two Bulbori, Bluefin had tried to help him. But, Bluefin had been attacked by one of the Bandits Zolnixi. He had died about 2 hours later, his last words only known by Kovu and Purplefang.

"One of my Battle-Mates.", Ivyshade replied. "He was a Sylvorpa, we called him Bluefin because of his blue Webbed Wings. He died of a fatal blow to his side, caused by one of the Bandits Zolnixi."

"I'm awfully sorry for your loss.", Midnight dipped his head in respect. "I know how it feels to lose someone close to you." Midnight sighed and turned towards Ivyshade, his eyes clouded with sorrow.

{-FEELS WARNING-}

"A long time ago, there lived two Ryori's: Haunting Nightmare and Mist. They had loved each other so much, that they had three children: Me, and two others that were Un-named. All five of them lived in harmony in the forest, until, one day a group of Ryori poachers came. They killed all except one: Me. I escaped, running away from the poachers and the dead bodies of my family. I eventually made it to a forest of mushrooms, where mushrooms grew big and tall. I ran into two, tall mushroom people, who looked very angry and frightening. They attacked me, and, already suffering from my previous injuries, collapsed on the floor."

"When I woke up, I found myself in a nest of hay. It was slightly uncomfortable, but it was warm. A strange man walked towards me, his hair grey with old age. He reached out his hand to pet me, I immediately backed away and hissed, afraid he was going to hurt me. He tried again, but this time, I let him pet me. It felt nice, to feel someone rubbing me on the head. He picked me up in his arms, and said that he was going to take care of me."

"And that's the story of my life.", Midnight finished, looking out the window once more.
Ivyshade was shocked. She didn't know that Midnight had such a dark past. She just figured that Midnight was just a regular Sylesti, with a great family and everything else. But, she was wrong.

A thought came to Ivyshade's head. "Where is your owner Midnight?"

Midnight shrugged, "I don't know, he said he'd be back for me today. Maybe it's just that the weather is terrible."

"Do you think something happened to him?", Ivyshade asked.

Midnight didn't respond.

He probably stopped listening, Ivyshade thought to herself. Sighing, she stood up and walked outside into the rain. She walked over to Navi's house and scratched on the door. About 10 seconds later, Navi opened the door.

"Hi, Ivyshade.", Navi said drowsily. "What is it?"

Ivyshade pointed her tail at Midnight, who was looking out the stable window.

"Ohhh...I see what you're trying to tell me.", Navi went back inside to grab her clothes and her coat. Ivyshade waited out by the door, despite being completely soaked. A few minutes later, Navi walked out completely dressed.

"Okay, let's go.", Navi started walking towards the stables. She opened the door and walked inside. Ivyshade followed.

Midnight turned to look in their direction. He padded up to Navi, and looked up at her and whined.

"Don't worry.", Navi reassured him, reaching down to pet him under the chin. Everything will be alright. Let's go find your owner.

With a start, Midnight raced out of the stables, his orbs glowing a bright blue. Ivyshade raced after him, with Navi slowly catching up.

"God dang it!! Guys wait up!!", Navi yelled, stopping to catch a breath.

But Ivyshade and Midnight didn't listen. Midnight was racing faster and faster, while Ivyshade was struggling to keep up with him.

"Midnight!", Ivyshade called after him.

Midnight slowly came to a stop, and turned to look at Ivyshade, "Yeah?"

"Slow down will ya?", Ivyshade was out of breath, "I can't keep up with you, and neither can Navi." She pointed over at Navi, who was way down the path behind them.

"Ah, whoops. Sorry about that. I just was so excited to find my owner! I haven't seen him in days!"

"It's only been one-day Midnight."

"Same thing."

Ivyshade sighed. She could argue with him. She would've done the same thing if she was trying to find Navi, so she couldn't blame Midnight.

Suddenly, I rusting came from the bushes. Midnight jumped, glancing around to see where it came from. Ivyshade was immediately on edge. What if its another Bandit?, Ivyshade thought to herself. The bushes began to rustle again. With her fur on end, Ivyshade made her way to the bush that was rustling. As soon as the bush rustled again, Ivyshade used Bash on it, causing whatever was in the bush to come out.

"Oww!!", a light blue Ryori fell out of the bush. She had large Wings of Illusion and she had stars in her fur. "Watch where you're aiming!"

"How about you watch what you are doing.", Ivyshade snapped. Her tail was bristling in anger and fear. "What are you doing out here? Don't you know that it is dangerous?"

The blue Ryori sat up straight. She wiped the dust off of her fur, "It's not as dangerous as my previous home."

Midnight spoke, "What do you mean by that?"

The blue Ryori sighed, "My owner never liked me for whatever reason. He had bought me from my previous owner, taking me away from my parents. I guess he wasn't happy with my Mutations when I got older. He always called me a freak, and kicked me and punched me. He stopped feeding me after a while."

"So you ran away?", Ivyshade asked.

The blue Ryori looked at the ground, "Yeah. He probably doesn't miss me."

Ivyshade didn't say anything. This Ryori had been mistreated by her owner! She did look kind of beaten up and starving though, so she was probably telling the truth.

"Ivyshade!! Midnight!!", Navi called out. At the sound of her voice, the blue Ryori jumped into the bushes.

"Ah! There you are! I was looking everywhere for you!", Navi panted, making her way up the path. She stopped when she reached them. "Next time, wait for me, okay?"

Ivyshade barked in agreement, while Midnight just nodded. Navi and Ivyshade continued moving forward, while Midnight stayed behind.

"Hey, are you still there?", Midnight whispered into the bush.

"Yeah, I'm still here.", the female Ryori poked her head out of the bush.

Midnight backed up a little. "Hey, if want somewhere to stay, you can stay with me. Y-you know, if you want to."

The female shook her head, "No thanks. I'd rather not, but thanks for the offer."

Midnight nodded, "I understand. But, if you change your mind, my house is the rainbow-colored house down the path. You won't miss it."

The female Ryori chuckled, "I'll think about it." She was about to dart into the bushes, but she turned around. "Whats your name? I never got a chance to ask."

Midnight froze. "Midnight. Whats your name?"

"My first owner gave me the name Bluestone.", Bluestone replied.

"Well, I hope we cross paths once more Bluestone.", Midnight dipped his head.

"Same goes to you.", Bluestone replied as she darted through the bushes, and she was gone.

I hope she'll be okay, Midnight thought to himself, as he ran up the path to catch up with Navi and Ivyshade.
Navisparkles101
Level 65
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 10/11/2017 at 6:50 PM Post #6

{Chapter Six}

As they made their way to Esior's Haven, Ivyshade could hear the loud chatter of townsfolk in the small town. She barked, running ahead of Navi and Midnight.

"Ivyshade!" Navi yelled after her. "I thought I told you to wait!"

Ivyshade didn't listen to her and kept on running. She barked at all the people she passed, most of them jumping out of the way to avoid getting run over. Eventually, Ivyshade slowed down as she neared Sylesti Plaza. Navi caught up to her, out of breath. Midnight levitated next to her.

Ivyshade stared at him. "Midnight, you're-"

"Levitating? I know." Midnight said. "Ryori tend to do that from time to time. It's normal."

Ivyshade sighed. "As long as you say that it is."

Midnight grinned and started to walk around the plaza when he bumped into a familiar figure. A black Zolnixi with wings growled at him.

Nightwing.

Ivyshade stepped in front of Midnight, her tail lashing in anger. She growled at Nightwing. "What are you doing here?!"

Nightwing scoffed. "What am I doing here?! I should be asking you that same question."

Ivyshade snarled. "Why would I tell you?! Your brother killed my best friend! Do you really think I would tell you any of my business after what had happened?!"

Nightwing stepped back, her tail between her legs. She sighed, "Look, I'm sorry-"

Midnight growled. "'Sorry'?! Sorry doesn't make up for all of the things you caused. You raided our Nursery, nearly took all of the children, and your brother killed a friend of mine. You honestly think that we'd forgive you that easily?"

Nightwing looked down at the stone ground. "...No, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't. If only you knew what I and my brother are going through, you would understand."

Ivyshade frowned. "I'm pretty sure we wouldn't, though. Regardless of what you're going through, you still killed a friend of mine. You killed an ally. You killed an father. Even if you went through Hell and back, I wouldn't forgive you or your devilish brother."

Nightwing looked at Ivyshade, tears forming in her eyes. She whimpered. "...I understand. But, please, just listen to me for a moment. Hear my side of the story." A tear fell down her face. "Please."

Ivyshade looked at Midnight, who sighed and nodded. Ivyshade looked back at Nightwing. "Fine, we'll listen. But this better not be some sort of twisted lie."

Nightwing sighed. "It's not. Don't worry." She laid down, looking up at the sky.

"Years ago, when my brother and I had just turned into adults, we both had two different goals. I wanted to explore the world and spread my wings. Yet my brother wanted to stay home and protect our small and fragile kingdom. My brother and I were both heirs to the throne, yet, we both wanted something similar, yet different in its own way.

One day, I decided to stretch my wings and fly away. My brother, unable to let me be alone, was sent to go with me on my journey. Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. We had run out of the food we had packed, and had started to hunt other creatures.

However, we stumbled upon a strange contraption in the ground. My brother stepped into it, and the contraption swallowed him up, trapping him in unbreakable netting. I ran for help, yet I too was trapped in one of the nets. Unable to run, Bandits took us hostage and trained us to be their puppets. The bait. The one who truly gets blamed."

Ivyshade stared at her. "I've heard of a prince and princess who ran away from their kingdom a few years back....they must've been you and your brother."

Nightwing nodded. "They were."

Ivyshade sighed. "The kingdom has fallen without you and your brother. An enemy kingdom has taken over the kingdom."

Nightwing nodded, as though she already knew. "Which is why I'm still here. I'm doing everything I can to show them that my brother and I are the best. So they can trade me and my brother away, and I'll be able to return home."

Ivyshade frowned. "But, what if they don't?"

Nightwing hesitated. "Then I'll be stuck here forever, I guess."

Ivyshade looked at her with sympathy. All of the hate for Nightwing finally melted away, and she nuzzled her. "Hey, you'll make it home. We'll make sure of that."

Nightwing was surprised, yet she smiled warmly at Ivyshade. "Thank you, Ivyshade."

Ivyshade smiled. Suddenly, screams rang out across the plaza, and she, Nightwing, and Midnight ran over to the site of the commotion.

Navi was defending a large crowd of rich townsfolk, who were being assaulted by a large group of Bandits. Midnight and Ivyshade immediately sprang into action, yet Nightwing stayed in the crowd, hesitant.

Ivyshade looked at her. "Nightwing! We need your help! Don't you want to get back home?"

Nightwing nodded, and ran to her side, growling at the Bandits. The Bandits attacked them, Ivyshade using Siphon to weaken them, then went to use Vampire Strike. Midnight also used Siphon, occasionally using Block to shield himself from their attacks. Nightwing used Slash against the Bandits, causing most of them to collapse to the ground, dead.

However, as Navi ran out of Elixirs, they realized that there were too many Bandits. Ivyshade was about to use Vampire Stike against another Bandit, when a black Zolnixi pounced on her, pushing her to the ground.

"Moonshine!" Nightwing yelled. "Stop, please!"

Moonshine growled at her. "Why should I, you traitor?!"

Nightwing winced at his harsh words. "Don't you remember why we agreed to work with them in the first place?! So we can return home. You really want to throw it all away now?"

Moonshine growled. "This is our home, Nighty. Whether you like it or not is not your decision."

Nightwing snarled. "It is my decision, Moonshine. I am the Princess of Starlight. I am the last heir to the throne. Do you really want to throw away our shot?"

Moonshine hesitated and sighed. "No, I don't. And yet, I am the Prince of Starlight, a higher rank than you-"

"And yet you chose to be a knight. And look at you now. You're one of them." Nightwing interrupted.

Moonshine let go of Ivyshade and stepped closer to Nightwing. "You listen here you spoiled brat. I chose to be like this so I could protect both of us from being killed. I chose this route so we wouldn't end up being like that goat roast over there. I chose this route for your safety. And as your knight, it is my duty to protect you."

"You don't always have to protect me, brother. Even though I am younger, I can make my own decisions, too. I chose to go flying with you. I was the one who got us here in the first place." Nightwing said, nuzzling Moonshine. "And now, I want to return home. But, I don't want to fight. I want to be free."

Moonshine sighed. "I know. But, after all of this, I don't think you will be free."

Nightwing frowned. "I know."

Moonshine grinned and nuzzled her cheek. Just then, Nevi yelled out in pain as a black haired man hit her on the back of the head with his shield. Ivyshade and Midnight rushed over to her side, yet were confronted by two bulky Morkko. They bother backed down, growling.

"Well, well, well." The man chuckled darkly. "Look who we have here. Someone attempting to be a hero. Well, it ain't gonna work."

Navi seethed in pain, stumbling to her feet. "You don't know that."

The man smirked. "Oh, I do. You must not know me, for you're just a mere peasant, after all."

Navi frowned. "For your information, I make more money a day than you do killing people."

The man growled. "Really, then show me."

Navi smirked. "You really think I'm that stupid? I left it at home. Besides, I only came to find this Ryori's owner."

The man frowned. "Is that so?"

Navi nodded. "He's an old man, and I just thought he didn't show up because of the weather."

The man smirked. "Oh, you mean that dead man over there?" He pointed to an old man lying in a pool of his own blood. "He deserved to die. He was old enough to anyways."

Navi teared up slightly and looked at the old man. Midnight looked at the man's body and froze. He started to cry tears of anger and sadness and ran past the Morkkos, using Siphon on the man. The man simply kicked him off, sending Midnight flying.

Navi gasped. "Midnight!!" She looked at the man in pure fear. "Alright, fine. Leave my Sylesti and these people alone. And in exchange, I'll come with you."

The man looked surprised. "Really?"

Navi nodded, her cheeks stained with tears. "Just....don't hurt them. Please."

The man smirked. "Alright. Boys, load her up into the wagon. Pack up your Sylesti, let's move!"

The Bandits obeyed, tying up Navi's hands and pushing her into the back of the wagon. Ivyshade and Nightwing tried to save her, but the Morkkos growled at them, pushing them back. Eventually, they left, leaving the two Zolnixi alone.

Ivyshade was heartbroken. "Navi....they took her. Nightwing, we've got to do something! They might kill her!"

Nightwing sighed. "You're right. But, only if you do something for me."

Ivyshade looked at her. "What?"

Nightwing spread her wings wide. "If you can help me find my way home, I will help you retrieve Navi."

Ivyshade was hesitant. "But, what about your brother?"

Nightwing sighed, folding her wings. "He has proved which side he is loyal to. He will continue to fight for the dark side as I will fight for the light."

Ivyshade frowned. "Well, fine. I'll help you. But no backstabbing or else you'll be dead before you can say 'Luffox'."

Nightwing grinned. "No worries, friend. I shall not backstab such a worthy ally."

Ivyshade grinned. "Alright then. But first....." She glanced over at Midnight. "We need some healing."

Nightwing nodded. "I know where to go. Put him on my back."

Ivyshade obeyed, and carefully placed Midnight on Nightwing's back.

Nightwing smiled, spreading her wings. "Follow me, I'll show thee the way!" She flew up in the air. Ivyshade followed, running after her newfound friend.
Navisparkles101
Level 65
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 10/14/2017 at 10:52 AM Post #7

{Chapter Seven}

Minutes turned into hours, and Ivyshade groaned. "Are we there yet?"

Nightwing sighed, grinning. "We're almost there, Ivyshade. Just a few more minutes."

"You said that the last time that I asked." Ivyshade sighed.

Nightwing giggled. "I know, but I'm serious this time." She looked up and gasped. "We're here." She started to pick up the pace, her wings flapping cold air against Ivyshade's face. Ivyshade huffed and ran after her, despite her paws aching.

Nightwing softly landed on the ground, her soft grey wings covering Midnight's limp body. She sighed and looked around. "Welcome to Riu Curatiu. A hidden river full of healing properties."

Ivyshade tilted her head. "'Riu Curatiu'? I feel like that's in a different language."

Nightwing nodded. "It's Catalan. It means 'Healing River'. Aeiridinis speak it."

Ivyshade nodded, looking around. She sniffed the water. "I always thought they spoke regular English."

Nightwing shrugged, carefully lying Midnight on the soft bluegrass. "They do, but they speak Catalan most of the time." She looked at Ivyshade. "Go ahead and get in the water. It's called the 'Healing River' for a reason."

Ivyshade grinned and jumped into the flowing river. She could feel her scars evaporating, and her health slowly regaining. She looked at Nightwing. "C'mon, get in the water!"

Nightwing smiled, and slowly got in the water. She spread some water over Midnight's face. Midnight suddenly gasped and stood up. He looked at the two of them. "W-what happened?! Where's that good for nothing-"

"Midnight," Ivyshade interrupted him. "Calm down. Come into the water. It'll heal you."

Midnight raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure this isn't some sort of trick?"

Nightwing nodded. "We're sure. Just get in the water."

Midnight shrugged and got in the water. He gasped as the water healed his wounds. He looked at Ivyshade. "Wow, you weren't lying when you said this water would heal me."

Ivyshade grinned. "Why would I lie to you about something like this?" A thought popped into her head. "Hey, Midnight. Do you know what language Ryoris speak in?"

Midnight thought for a minute. "Most of the Ryori I've met spoke a bit of Czech."

Ivyshade swam over to him. "Can you speak Czech?"

Midnight hesitated. "Znte to esky? Jsem si jist, e to zn jako blzen."

Ivyshade's eyes widened. "Wow, you speak Czech so fluently!"

Midnight sighed, splashing his face with the water. "Not exactly. I haven't spoken it in a long time."

Ivyshade sighed. "Well, you're good at. Who knows, maybe it'll come in handy."

Midnight smiled, as he got out the water. He shook the water out of his fur. "We should get going. The more time we spend relaxing, the farther away Navi gets."

Ivyshade and Nightwing nodded, the two of them jumping out of the water. Ivyshade looked at Nightwing. "Well, where to next?"

Nightwing thought for a minute. "Well, we're right next to the Forgotten Tomb. If we continue following the river downstream, we should make it to the Sanctuary of Saerielle."

Midnight frowned. "But isn't the Forgotten Tomb full of Vorkid and Undead?"

Nightwing nodded. "Yes. But, look at the bright side. At least we'll be earning some Experience. By the time we get to the Nightfall Bandit Camp, we'll be super buff."

Midnight sighed. "Alright, if you say so."

Nightwing smiled, spreading her wings. She flew into the air, while Midnight and Ivyshade followed after her.

This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.