Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Shibui
Level 70
Nature Walker
Threads: 63
Posted: 10/10/2017 at 11:45 PM Post #1
Two Elves and a Dragon

Please DO NOT comment on this thread. If you wish to say something, MESSAGE me.

This work is for entertainment purposes only.

Copying is illegal. If you copy this, I will find out and report you.
Edited By Pickless on 10/15/2017 at 12:54 AM.
Shibui
Level 70
Nature Walker
Posted: 10/11/2017 at 11:18 PM Post #2
Character Pronounciations and Depictions

Thyllrand/Thyll Ivoncub - Thil-rand/Thil I-von-cub

Personality: friendly, protective, cute, clumsy, strong

Arearcia Sharbacub - A-ree-ar-sha Shar-bar-cub

Personality: confident, tough, tsundere/kuudere, compassionate

Ivonous - I-von-us

Personality: calm, wise, noble, strong

Lyadrus Mistrage - Li-a-drus Mis-trayge

Personality: Strong, leading, confident, wise

Allene Treeweaver - Ar-lean Tree-we-ver

Personality: sweet, skilled, agile, beautiful, helpful, empathetic

Colonel Voidfire - Kern-al Voyd-fy-er

Personality: cold, merciless

Harllos Noname - Har-lowse No-name

Personality: dull, sad, disturbed, uninterested

Mujeg - Moo-jeg

Personality: Wise, cunning, old

Sharbarah Frunhy - Shar-bar-rah Frun-he

Personality: Kindhearted, caring, sweet

The above are the current developed characters, more will follow soon.

Disclaimer:

All images above are from Google Images, none belong to me.

If you are wondering about ages:

Once an elf (in this particular story) reaches about the age of 30-40, their appearance stops changing. Basically, their looks dont age. The only way to kill an elf is through battle or if they become seriously ill.
Edited By Pickless on 10/23/2017 at 11:16 PM.
Shibui
Level 70
Nature Walker
Posted: 10/12/2017 at 5:26 PM Post #3
Prologue: The Zyun Takeover

One battlefield, two armies
One of goodness, one of evil
Individuals standing tall
Against the terror and heartbreak
Fighting a pain that shouldnt be
Bonds broken, families shattered
Bloody corpses lining the field
Children screaming, women crying
Tears mixing within filth and dirt
No war could be victorious
Not with all the losses and death
War is pain, full of suffering
People torn apart, loved ones lost
War is not the way to fix things

It was the Zyun that started what would later be called The first Elven war. Elves didnt fight. Elves were peaceful beings. They kept to themselves. Elves didnt harbour feelings of vengeance, hate or vanity. Considering all this, why would any creature feel the need to harm them? To be truthful, there was no reason.

However the Zyun thought differently. They believed that the elves held a heavenly power. That they were biding their time until they would release it on the world. The Zyun were cruel and ruthless, they wanted to experiment with the elves. Dissect them, discover all their secrets. However not all the creatures of Cerndae agreed with them.

The deep dwelling, fearless dwarves disagreed. As did the majestic, scaly dragons. Neither the slim, tough Veidors and the mesmerising, skilled Sheegyns. Nor did the mischievous, Pygmy Gremlins and the nature-loving dryads. No creature sided with the Zyun. The elves would surely win this battle, right? Sadly, they did not count on the cunning of their enemies.

The Zyun had created a weapon. A weapon in which would be used mercilessly. The Zi Defoi. One shot and the creature that it was aimed at would disintegrate. This is the weapon that provided the Zyun with the win of the war. Thousands of Elves, Dwarves, Dragons, Veidors, Sheegyns, Gremlins and Dryads were lost. Too many gone. What remained of the Elven battalion retreated. Numerous elves captured and experimented on until the were no longer of use, they were then disposed of, adding to the death count.

This story is about the elves and how they handled the pain. The heartbreak. The fear as they were hunted down. One by one taken. This tells the tale of two particular elves, and a Dragon.
Edited By Pickless on 10/15/2017 at 12:59 AM.
Shibui
Level 70
Nature Walker
Posted: 10/13/2017 at 1:33 AM Post #4
Chapter 1: Camping in the Forest

Cerndae
146pzt (Past Zyun Takeover)

~Arearcias P.o.V~

I was sitting on a fungi infested log in the middle of a small clearing. The sun was low in the sky, at about five oclock. The cool autumn breeze filtered through the trees, sticking my neck hair on end. I rubbed my upper arms as goosebumps took over the pale skin, like a parasite feasting on its prey. I looked around and spotted Thyll. He was about 40 yards away, slightly into the forest, collecting firewood. About time, I thought, its freezing.

I continued to watch him until he blindly ran into one of the redwoods. I laughed. He shot me a venomous look while rubbing his forehead. His long legs carried him towards me, into the center of the clearing. He dropped the sticks and kindling on the dirt ground and walked to Ivonouss saddle bags which held all our gear. The leather tent, water bags, flint, metal pot and spoon, wooden bowls, spices and root plant, and rope were unloaded and dumped unceremoniously onto the floor. I decided to get up and help him out, mainly because my buttocks were becoming sore. He began to stack the sticks in an inward type bowl shape and dropped bits of kindling inside it. I grabbed the pots and spices and dragged them towards his fire pit. I went back to collect the water bags.

Are there any streams near here, do you know? I asked.

Yeah, go through those trees and to the right, you should be able to sense the fishs mana, He replied, pointing towards the trees.

Ok, Im going to fill these up and collect some water to boil, I said while gesturing to the water bags and pots.

Be quick, Ivonous should be back soon.

Right, did he say what he was getting?

He said he sensed a large amount of mana, probably a large animal of some sort.

I hope its Buksharah, that would be so good! I exclaimed. I love Buksharah meat with a passion.

Nah, they are too rare. Its probably one of the D-class deer that Ive heard live around here.

Way to crush my dreams, I complained.

No problem, thats my job, He joked while winking at me.

Youre evil. Im going now. Be back in a few.

Okay, Ill set up the tents while youre gone, He called as I was walking away.

I bounced along, excited for a potentially good meal. I mean, Ive been eating plant roots and leaves for the last couple days. I havent seen meat for a week. I followed the instructions Thyll gave me and reached the stream. I tipped out the remains of the water in the water skins, which would have tasted like leather by now. I bent down to fill them up and then proceeded to fill the pots too. After making sure I could balance them all without anything leaking, I carefully dawdled back to the opening. I spotted Ivonous lying by the fire. Thyll was still setting up the tent, pulling ropes down and tying them to large, heavy rocks.

Did you get Buksharah? Please say yes! I chirped.

I fear it is only Deer, mlady. We should be thankful for the meat, Ive been sensing a continuous decrease in our protein levels.

Oh, ok. I was looking forward to Buksharah though. Also, for the hundredth time, stop calling me mlady. Its Arearcia. A-R-E-A-R-C-I-A, I spelt out for him.

Yes, mlady.

How have we known each other for 10 years and yet you still call me mlady even though I tell you not to?

It is natural for dragons to call their masters friends mlady or sir. Its is a sign of respect for them. I simply cannot help how I say things, mlady.

Fine, what about lady Arearcia? I glared at him.

I will try mlady, I will try, He sighed and glared back.

It was silent as we death stared.

This is very entertaining, I broke the stare as I looked to Thyll who wore an amused face.

I marched towards him and wrapped my hands around his throat, pretending to strangle him.

I heard Ivonous let out a deep chuckle. I removed my hands when Thyll started to fake suffocation. He dropped to the floor, pretending to writhe and die, which made me laugh too. I slapped him playfully and reached out my hand to help him up.

After he had stood up and brushed off his leggings, I noticed a burning smell. I looked over to fire which the pots were hanging over. It was emitting black smoke as a piece of meat had fallen in and charred.

Who dropped the meat? That was a perfectly good chunk, that piece could have fed two elves. I asked while frowning.

Thyll looked puzzled and pleaded unguilty.

Wasnt me.

Me neither, mlady.

Seriously, who did it then?

Maybe it was you, Thyll answered innocently.

No it wasnt me.

You were the one at the fire last.

Are you really accusing me?

Young master, mlady, we have plenty of- Ivonouss reasoning went unnoticed.

Yes Im accusing you.

You have no proof.

You were the last one there.

Young ones, stop th-

Thats not proof.

I dont care.

Fine.

Fine.

Im going for a walk, I said angrily and huffed off.

I heard Ivonous call me, saying something about how we should stick together. I ignored him, they could deal without me. I walked deeper into the forest until I found a hollowed out tree. I crawled inside and sat as I fumed. Why would I waste valuable meat? Why would he accuse me? I know it was a petty reason to argue about, but it made me angry. Didnt he trust me? Weve been best friends and companions for 11 years, what reason would he have not to? I continued to ponder on similar thoughts when I heard: Quick mlady, come back. We must leave immediately. That was Ivonouss mindlink, he didnt use that unless there was an emergency.

I rushed back to the clearing to find it deserted. Where are you mlady?

Im at the camp spot. Where are you? Whats wrong?

Its the Zyun.

What!?!

Yes I know, we must leave, Im heading your way now. Stay where you are.

Ok, please be quick.

For some reason, it felt like hours before I heard Ivonous approach and spotted Thyll on his back. Thyll was screaming, his words lost due to distance. He gestured behind me and I turned. I saw numerous torch lights making their way through the tightly knit trees. I saw silhouetted figures of the creatures I fear the most. I froze and stared, fright clouding my sense of thought. They were getting closer, far too close. I was still standing there as the silhouettes emitted shouts as they recognised me as an elf, the kind they hunted down. Their shouts were met with screaming from none other than Thyll. The Zyun were running towards me as Thyll and Ivonous flew. I was in the middle. Who would reach me first? I really hoped it was Ivonous.

The Zyun had archers who were pulling out their bows and reaching to their quiver for arrows. Ivonous was 5 yards high as he flew over me, Thyll stretching out his hand. I grabbed it and he started pulling me up. I had one hand on Ivonouss saddle when I saw a look of shock cross Thylls face. I watched in horror as he slowly toppled off Ivonouss back, a prominent arrow through his midsection.

I screamed as he fell down. Down towards the ground. Down to the Zyun.

Authors Note:

I had a lot of fun writing this. It took me about 2 and a half hours with editing. I did this through school, on the bus and a bit at home. Anyway, if you have any reviews/feedback or complaints please message me. Remember, do NOT post in this thread please.

If you are wondering about quotation marks, sadly they dont let you post quotation marks, so hopefully you will still be able to read it with ease.

Also, I know I made a big deal about the meat falling in the fire. I mean, its meat. Glorious meat. Its need to be made a big deal of.
Edited By Pickless on 10/15/2017 at 1:06 AM.
Shibui
Level 70
Nature Walker
Posted: 10/13/2017 at 10:23 PM Post #5
Chapter 2: The Capture

I screamed as he fell down. Down towards the ground. Down to the Zyun.

I dont know how long I was screaming for. Was it just as Thyll fell? When he hit the ground with a sickening thud? When I took in his mangled limbs and arrow wound? When I thought he would die? I had no sense of time during these moments. Just continuous screaming and horrifying scenes.

Finally, after the Zyun began to cautiously approach us, did I stop. Ivonous began to fly in circles around Thylls body. Making a barrier. I was about to jump down and save Thyll when one of the Zyun shouted.

Stay where you are. We have the Zi Defoi, we will shoot.

I looked to where he stood, lesser ranked soldiers milling around an object that I could not see. They dispersed once the Zyun that had originally shouted gave them a gesture.

As they dispersed, I took in the most dangerous weapon that Cerndae had ever encountered. It was one of the Zi Defoi, in which they called it. It was one of the weapons that the Zyun produced and defeated elves like myself with in the First Elven War.

Move out of the way or I will shoot. Dismount now!

I heard him shout again. I began trembling, knowing things would get a lot uglier than they already were. I was still shuddering when Ivonous swiftly shot off the ground and into the air. He started soaring at his fastest.

I stared back at the clearing, seeing Thylls unmoving body. I was still in shock. He was leaving Thyll. I was abandoning him.

I began screaming again, clawing at Ivonouss scales and shrieking at him to go back.

We cant leave Thyll! What are you doing?!? We have to go back and save him!

Mlady, we are heavily outnumbered, we must retreat.

So we live and Thyll dies?!? How is that fair!?!

They are not going to kill him immediately. They will experiment on him.

And thats so much better, how?

It gives us time to rally some troops from base and rescue him. Now we must leave!

But-

We are leaving. Its what Young Master Thyllrand would want. We will come back for him. I swear.

Thyll! Well be back for you! I promise!! I shouted down to him. He didnt move, still unconscious. I began sobbing, he never looked this vulnerable. It was unlike him so much.

I continued sobbing as Ivonous started soaring higher into the sky, away from the forest. Away from Thyll. Away from my friend, companion...lover?

Authors Note:

Yes, I know its short. I have very little brain food at the moment. Its also very cliche, I know that too.

If you wish to comment, pm me. DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD!!!

The next chapter will be from Ivonouss point of view and some of his memories.

I hoped you enjoyed.

- Pickless
Edited By Pickless on 10/15/2017 at 1:10 AM.
Shibui
Level 70
Nature Walker
Posted: 10/17/2017 at 1:34 AM Post #6
Chapter 3: Ivonouss Mermory

~ Ivonous POV ~

The sky was grey, leaking millions of teardrops. Echoing my mood. I had been flying steadily for awhile when I noticed mladys distress lower as she fell asleep. I sighed in relief. I did not want another friend to be ill.

I started to reflect on memories of myself and my young master. I remember the time he first met mlady, when he finished his training in the resistance, all the questions he would ask me. All his jokes that made him hysteric but made no sense to others. I continued to soar as I dived into one particular memory.

Woah! Whats this?

I woke up. A squeaky, little voice making its way through my slumber.

Mama! Papa! Come look, quick!

I heard it again. I decided to get up and stretch. The cave was becoming stuffy after hibernating for 3 months. I shifted my wings, feeling them creak from unuse. I uncurled myself and tentatively stepped out of the cave. I was temporarily blinded as my eyes adjusted to the suns bright rays.

After my eyes got used to the light, I spotted a little creature standing next to my tail. He stared up at me, wide-eyed with wonder. I examined it closer, and realised it was an elf. The pointed ears a dead giveaway. It seemed to be a youngling, male, I presumed. He continued to stare. I spoke down to him.

Young one. Where are your parents?

He just continued to stare, even wider eyed than before. He had to be no older than five.

I asked again.

Mama and Papa are sleeping.

That was his reply. I was confused. It was obviously midday, it wasnt time for sleep. Which parents would leave their child, especially this young
and of his species, out alone in the woods?

Young one, can you show me to them?

I was going to give them a strict talking to about the dangers of leaving a child, especially an elven child, alone.

Ok! Maybe you can help me wake them. They have been asleep for a long time.

Now I was startled, what did he mean they had been asleep for awhile?

This way!

He gestured and pointed to an obvious track through the forest. I followed him as he skipped down the path. I started to examine him closer. He was white haired and of slim build and olive skin. He was a bit shorter than most elves of his age. He kept swinging to face me, walking backwards at times, as he talked about many different things that I didnt pay attention to. His eyes were onyx, his nose fairly sharp. His ears were obviously pointy. Suddenly, I was broken from these thoughts as I smelt something that made my nostrils curl in on themselves.

There was a small field. A red substance coated the grass. A substance that smelt faintly metallic. I stood, my eyes taking in the horror right in front of me. Corpses, clad in red, some in green, scattered through the clearing. Blades abandoned on the crimson ground, some still residing within the bodies they had pierced. The smell of decay, stuffing my nose, making its way down my throat, into my heart. It was a battlefield. The Zyun and Elves.

The youngling seemed unfazed as he continued to skip through the field, dodging some bodies here and there. I followed him. Making sure to carefully step over the corpses, unlike the Child. When we reached the other end of the field, the youngling pointed to a tree.

Heres Mama and Papa!

I stared. Two corpses were leaning against the tree in question. One male, the other female. Both elves.

Could you help me wake them? I dont know why they wont wake up. I thought they might be sick, so I sewed some ferns together for blankets and snuggled with them each night to keep them warm. Ive shaken them and tickled them, but they still sleep. I feel lonely sometimes.

My heart broke at this. Who does not teach their child of death? That someday every life comes to an end?

Im sorry kid, but your parents are dead.

Whats dead?

It means they have passed on, left this world.

But theyre right there. He said and gestured to their bodies.

Its just their spirits that leave.

Oh, when are they coming back?

They arent, Young one.

What do you mean? They have to wake up!

Im sorry. Do you have any other relatives that you can live with?

No, the mean people put them all to sleep like Mama and Papa.

So they are dead too?

No, they are asleep.

I sighed, I would have to take him back to the resistance with me.

Come on Young one, I will look after you.

Really! Yay!!!

Come on, climb on my back.

Can I say goodbye to Mama and Papa?

Yes, Young one.

Bye Mama, bye Papa, Ill see you soon. I hope you get better from death, sleeping might help you.

I lowered my tail so he could climb up once he had finished his goodbyes, which continued to crush my heart.

Once he was safely holding onto the scales on my neck, I took off.

The youngling squealed with excitement as I soared through the air. I sensed him begin to get drowsy and snuggle into the cavern that was the back of my neck.

Before you sleep, what is your name child?

My names Thyllrand. Mama calls me Thyll.

Sweet dreams, Thyll.

With that, he fell asleep.

Authors Note:

Once again, this is a shortish chapter, so I apologise. The missing quotation marks and apostrophes are getting on my nerves, Im sorry to all those who cannot read this clearly due to it.

Anyway, I wrote this chapter on the bus, in about 1 and a half hours in total, including editing.

Do not fear people, I have friends (I know, its hard to believe) who proof read these and give me feedback, which is a great help.

Anyway, next chapter is The Resistance Headquarters.
Edited By Pickless on 10/17/2017 at 4:49 AM.
Shibui
Level 70
Nature Walker
Posted: 10/23/2017 at 11:20 PM Post #7
Chapter 4: The Resistance Headquarters

~ Arearcias POV~

I woke up suddenly at Ivonouss call.

Where are we?

Were nearly at Headquarters.

I started planning, I would have to get the commanders help in recruiting people to help with the rescue, Id also have to explain how our mission failed due to Thylls Capture. I continued to plan my discussion when I felt Ivonous star to land.

I looked down. Directly below was the Headquarters of the Resistance. The main building, also called the Elven Chamber, was located right in the middle of the grounds. There was an underground forge near the outskirts of the quarters in which the dwarves and elves created weapons and armor. There were food pavilions placed randomly. There was the orphanage in which Thyll and I grew up in and safe houses. We also had multiple lodges for the Elven Jury and leaders. Dragon Caves and other housing was built in any available space.

Ivonous landed down near the caves and I dismounted.

Are we going to find the commander?

Yes, let me first notify Mujeg and Sharbarah of the incident.

Ok. My heart plummeted.

We were going to tell Sharbarah. She was basically like Thylls and my second mother. She was caring and loving. She would be just as devastated, if even more, than I am.

We started walking to Mujegs cave, hoping he was in. Mujeg was Ivonouss best friend, they fought together during The First Elven War and were friends ever since. Ivonous would usually ask Mujeg for a second opinion and they always got along together.

When we reached Mujegs cave, Ivonous called out to him.

Mujeg, are you in, my friend?

There was a rustling and a yellow dragon appeared at the opening of the cave.

Ivonous, you are back sooner than I expected. How was your mission?

We have a lot to discuss, will you come with us when we report to the commander. This way I will not have to repeat the story twice.

Of course, lets head off then.

We must also make Sharbarah aware of the current situation.

Why would Sharbarah be needed for a mission report?

This report is also about young master.

Come to think about it, Young Thyll is being rather quiet.

Young master was captured by the Zyun.

That is terrible news. My apologies Ivon. Let us hurry.

Ivonous started off with quick strides, Mujeg closely following.

We passed several food pavilions as well as the long side of the Elven Chamber. Dryads and elves were busy, hustling around stores, constructing goods and wares.

When we reached the orphanage, I saw many young elves, dryads, dwarves, sheegyns, Pygmy Gremlins and Veidors. They were running around, playing tag, by the looks of it. I had to smile as one bright little elf laughed as he tagged everyone.
I looked to the porch of the building and spotted Sharbarah.

I dismounted Ivonous and ran to her, embracing her in a hug.

Aree, youre back early. Why is Mujeg here? Where is Thyll?

Well tell you on the way, we must hurry to the commanders quarters!

We rushed off again, reaching the Elven Chamber after relaying the information to Sharbarah.

We all stood in front of the large, redwood door.

I knocked.

Authors Note:

Hey! Sorry for the late Chapter. My life has been really hectic lately, and I havent had any time to write.

Anyway, next chapter is another flashback/past thingy of Arearcia and Thyll as kids.

I am planning to have around 16 chapters for this story...hopefully.

Anyway, next update should be within a week as I havent started it yet and I have exams this week.
Edited By Pickless on 10/23/2017 at 11:21 PM.
Shibui
Level 70
Nature Walker
Posted: 12/1/2017 at 3:48 PM Post #8
Ive been really busy lately and havent had much time to write, I have te summer/christmas holidays (for people in Australia) coming up, so I should have plenty of time to continue this story xD

This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.