Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Suggestions Regarding the Friend System
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Eots
Level 61
Fright Master
Threads: 10
Posted: 10/1/2017 at 1:25 PM Post #1
Some of these will undoubtedly have been brought up in the past, but after searching through the first fifteen pages of this subforum and finding nothing, I thought I'd just risk it.

In my opinion, there are several rather frustrating aspects of the friend system here on Sylestia. For all I know, they may already be in line to be repaired, but in case they aren't, here is a sequential list of my suggestions:

1. A way to view who has "friended" you. For curiosity's sake. When I was a new player, I didn't realise that both parties needed to send friend requests to be viewed on the friend list, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. There are several people whom I fully intended to include in my friend list originally, but I've no idea who they were.

2. A recategorisation of the friend feature. I feel like the term "friend" is a bit inaccurate in this case. A friendship is usually considered to be a mutual arrangement, while here on Sylestia, one can be "friends" with another without their even noticing. I think that this would be more accurately labeled with the "following/follower" system on other websites. I know that this is a petty complaint on my part, but it's been gnawing at me for quite a while.

3. Notification options for those added to friends. I've heard that many people friend others in order to keep track of their sales or breeding progress or whathaveyou. However, adding them to friends is the equivalent of bookmarking their profile or finding them in the advanced search. It offers very few benefits. It would be helpful if there were an option to receive notifications when your friends do various things, including but not limited to new posts, pet sales, and breeding. Naturally, you would be able to opt out of each one individually. It may seem a tad invasive to some, but it's nothing a player wouldn't be able to see anyway, and you would always be able to deny requests.

Anyway, there's my twenty cents. Nothing is actually a major criticism, but I personally think that these would add to the site if implemented.
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 53
Posted: 10/1/2017 at 11:37 PM Post #2
1. <-- Totally agree with this. I've known for a long time about the "you have to friend them back" thing but.. I'm easily distracted so I typically accept a friend, then go look at something and continue with my day, completely forgetting to add them as a friend. And subsequently, forgetting who my friends are. And I'm too scared to go clicking "add friend" on people whom I may consider friends but may not have friended me in the first place and may not feel the same about me.

2. <-- This makes sense too. I would like to see both, 'friend' and 'follower' implemented. I have a poor memory and help identifying "yep, this person is my friend because they're under "friend"" would be nice. Although, I just remembered that there is a note function for contacts, so.. maybe that's not a big deal.

I have no input for #3. Well -- I think any organization offered will be an improvement. Sylestia, as much as I love it, greatly suffers from exponential growth. I mean, it just keeps going! More and more pets, more stables, more projects, more people, more items, and it just keeps growing! So anything that could help organize I think should be seriously looked at. (Guess I had input after all).

I'm pretty sure the friend function has been brought up before in some form and that Krin said when the site gets revamped (Like when we leave Beta version) that the Friend system would be changed. So I dunno if they'd do anything before that.

But I have to say.. I totally support an adjusted friend system!

On second thought-- maybe it was the forum system that I was thinking about that was getting revamped when the site does. Like, to be able to save threads or a list of ones you've created / participated in and such... Well, anyways, support!
Dragonnadder
Level 71
Nature Walker
Threads: 32
Posted: 10/2/2017 at 2:01 PM Post #3
No, you were right; Krin did mention adding features and changing the friend system a couple times.
Eots
Level 61
Fright Master
Threads: 10
Posted: 10/4/2017 at 3:28 PM Post #4
Thank you for the input! I was a bit wary when putting this up because it seemed like something that was already in line for modification, but it's rather difficult to determine what's in the queue and what isn't; I just figured it wouldn't hurt anything to post this again if that were the case.

And thank you, Dragonnadder, for confirming!
Dragonnadder
Level 71
Nature Walker
Posted: 10/4/2017 at 10:14 PM Post #5
Of course! Glad to help.
Taragonra
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 24
Posted: 10/15/2017 at 9:35 PM Post #6
O_O I had no idea you had to friend someone back. That explains why I can't find my friends list anywhere...is there any way to see who's friended you?
Dragonnadder
Level 71
Nature Walker
Posted: 10/15/2017 at 9:37 PM Post #7
Not at the moment, no. Which is mentioned on the first post, just by the way.

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.