Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Max Stat Trait Disruptor?
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Amarok
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 105
Posted: 9/28/2017 at 8:28 PM Post #1
I wonder if it would be a good idea to be able to disrupt your max stats? I mean, we battle with these, and its better to be battling with pretty pets.

I dunno about you guys, but after a while I get bored of looking at the same traits on my pets: Even though those traits look super good. And I wonder if adding a max stat disruptor would help as a way to keep your main battle pets looking fresh, instead of having to go out and either buy another pet or start up another project. This might be particularly useful if you have a certain pet that you always use for battling and it has history behind it.

I see two problems with this, and have solutions for this:

Problem 1: On battle pets where the traits look really good, disrupting it will obviously remove those, and it is unlikely you'd ever get them back. So what if a second item was introduced, like a disruption reset? It would work like this:

so lets say you have a max stat pet with traits you really like, but are bored of them, and want a different look. So you use the disruptor, and it gives you an entirely new set of traits. You battle with it for a few months, and then decide you want to go back to the old look.

So then you would have the disruption reset or amnesia disruption philter, that resets the pet back to how it originally was.

Problem 2: This could be used on a whole load of breedable 6 vis max stats, (or even 1 vis) to sort of 'cheat' your way to 6 vis max stats with highly variable trait sets.

My solution is to limit the philter to infertile pets.

Thoughts?
Edited By Amarok on 9/28/2017 at 8:29 PM.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 10/3/2017 at 5:15 PM Post #2
I think a disruption like that would be hard to implement into the sight, cool Idea though ^.^
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 53
Posted: 10/3/2017 at 6:17 PM Post #3
Hm, hm! I think this is a cool idea! A few things though..

The original disruptors do not have a "reset" option so I don't think that it is really necessary to have one on these. Plus, I'm not sure how hard it would be for the site to keep track of that kind of stuff.

However, I don't feel like there'd be an issue tracking which pets are Max Stats. Krin would just limit the item to be only used on pets that met all the conditions (all stats maxed and infertile). Seems easy enough to me. Of course, it may not be that simple.

I think it's a fun thing!

Edit: -- I know what you're talking about for the reset disruptor and I'm never one to turn down more options. I get scared to use disruptors because it's like "what if I don't get anything better?" I'm just not sure how difficult they'd be to implement.
Edited By Kyokai on 10/3/2017 at 6:21 PM.
Amarok
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 105
Posted: 10/4/2017 at 4:37 AM Post #4
What if there was a feature added, that allowed you to lock your pet into a 'safety net' ? So it would probably function similar to the elemental tree system, or the battle party system, or even the pre set avatar outfit system. Once you lock the pet in, you are free to disrupt it as much as you like, but clicking the button would then bring it back to how it looked when you locked it.

Additionally you could choose to lock the pet after disrupting it...so it wouldn't be limited to the 'pet's original look' - because that might be problematic in the case of regens etc. I think this additional feature could work on all pets that one would want to disrupt.

If anything a feature like that might coerce more cautious people to get disrupts. I really only tend to disrupt pets if they look irrevocably ugly. I then stop the disrupts when I arrive at something 'good' - beyond that and it can be a gamble.
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 53
Posted: 10/5/2017 at 4:55 PM Post #5
Hey, that's a neat idea!

I definitely like that -- then the only risk is your money / disruptors. I definitely would be more willing to take the risk if I could save my pet like that. It also sounds like it's doable (from the examples that already function similarly on the site).

Now my only hang up on disrupting for me will be the "What if there's a trait that comes out in the future that I love?" issue.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.