Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > A few battle questions
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Azzyblue
Level 42
Threads: 2
Posted: 8/8/2013 at 7:35 PM Post #1
I started playing yesterday, and my first two pets I've been battling with have pretty much been the same (both are Zolnixi, both are the same level, both are mostly strength with some splashes of other stats). And they've actually been doing fairly well. But I suddenly remembered OH RIGHT PROFICIENCY and now I'm lost with what I should do, because I know I'm coming up on some tougher stuff.

So, some questions related to this:

1) Both of my Zolnixi started with Physical attacks which is why I started stacking them with STR. Are all Zolnixi this way? Does each species have its own set of attacks or leaning for physical or magical? Or do you have to spec into a proficiency for a pet to be able to use magical attacks?

2) I was reading some that it's best to have a health-stacked tank for the middle spot, which makes sense. But for the other pet I have (eventually two other pets when I open the third slot) is it essential to have a Light-based healer? If I want two damage-pets on the side instead, does it matter if they're physical or magical?

3) Is there a preferred element for tank/physical damage/magical damage?

Thanks for reading, and for any help you can give
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 8/8/2013 at 10:12 PM Post #2
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 5/1/2024 at 9:20:38pm

I started playing yesterday, and my first two pets I've been battling with have pretty much been the same (both are Zolnixi, both are the same level, both are mostly strength with some splashes of other stats). And they've actually been doing fairly well. But I suddenly remembered OH RIGHT PROFICIENCY and now I'm lost with what I should do, because I know I'm coming up on some tougher stuff.

So, some questions related to this:

1) Both of my Zolnixi started with Physical attacks which is why I started stacking them with STR. Are all Zolnixi this way? Does each species have its own set of attacks or leaning for physical or magical? Or do you have to spec into a proficiency for a pet to be able to use magical attacks?

2) I was reading some that it's best to have a health-stacked tank for the middle spot, which makes sense. But for the other pet I have (eventually two other pets when I open the third slot) is it essential to have a Light-based healer? If I want two damage-pets on the side instead, does it matter if they're physical or magical?

Thanks for reading, and for any help you can give

@Azzyblue, first of all, welcome to Sylestia. c:

1. All pets can be statted however you want to. Depending on which stat overall is higher (physical attack, upped by STR, or magical attack, upped by INT), your pet's default attack will have an output of the higher stat.
All pets start out with Focused Attack, but depending on the str/int/overall attack stat (which can change based on equips as well), it'll be either physical or magical damage.

But yeah, if you want to do magical damage, just spec it to have higher int. c:
Tip: Relics are equipment for your pets, and they tend to give Physical or Magical attack stats, regardless of str/int. So be careful and always check your equipment for the best possible damage. c:

2. It doesn't really matter whether they have magical or physical attacks until you take into account your enemies. Some enemies may have higher physical mitigation (defense against phys. attacks) than magical, so that's where you might want to spec your pets. But as long as your damage-pets are focused on outputting nothing but damage, it shouldn't be too big of a difference.

3. For tanks, people use earth, which is physical (they have a move at lvl25 that has a chance of taunting an enemy to attack them). I use dark, which is magical (has a lvl25 move that has a chance of sapping a tiny bit of health from the enemy).

All my answers were a bit short hand, but I hope it helped. ^^;
Sylvette
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 91
Posted: 8/9/2013 at 10:29 AM Post #3
@Azzyblue,

Quote From:
Originally Posted: 5/1/2024 at 9:20:38pm

I made a guide (which is not yet completed, but you may refer to if you wish :3 Currently is has already covered most of what you're asking :3

1) Each type of sylestis will have a set default status when starting out (ie. created from the generator). For example, Dreayls has higher stats in strengh so they are more suited to be physical, whereas Zolnixis have more stats in intellect, so they are more suited for magical.

(These are their Base stats. They can be increased when you breed them with another sylesti to give higher stated offspring)

Not all Sylestis start off with physical attack. Their attack method relates to what type of equipment you give them. If you equip them with magical equipment, then they will deal magical attack and vice versa.

If you pet uses magical, I would recommend to chose a proficiency which deals with magical attacks and vice versa.
Earth, Ice and Wind are physical based.
Fire, Light and Shadow are magical based.

2) Usually, I would recommend a team with various based attacks so that you can efficiently battle most scenarios with the least handicap. For example, if you use an all-physical team and the enemy team is an anti-physical, then you would have a tougher time defeating them.

However, the layout of your team all depends on the battle style that you adopt. personally I use two physical wind pets on the side with a Shadow (formerly Ice) tank. I may change the proficiency of the tank in the future, but for now I'll stick with shadow. Thats because shadow does not syphon enough in earlier levels to amount to much in battle, and if you really want to use shadow, I would recommend going with another proficiency until your pet is of higher level to change proficiencies. The cost to change is 2000 gold.

3) As said above:
Earth, Ice and Wind are physical based.
Fire, Light and Shadow are magical based.

Edited By 3716 on 8/9/2013 at 10:29 AM.
Dark
Level 75
The Hallowed
Threads: 306
Posted: 8/9/2013 at 4:19 PM Post #4
I would check out the guides if your really trying to build a wall of a team but for me most of my pets have the majority of their stats in strength and I do not focus on having their proficiency in certain sections as it pertains to light, dark, ect.

My most useful battle team was picked because they all started out with high stats for their species. They are all heavy hitters and their heath stats range from 4500-5900. I don't bother with agility, intelligence or any of that and for me, it has been effective. The only thing I will say is that having a tank in all heath is very helpful for specific situations.

I do have pets stacked for all situations but I use them mostly only in extremely specific situations or for the rare occasion that I might send them on a mission.

Like I said though, I am not super concerned with building the best battle team ever, I just have what I need to get through the story of the game and if you are looking for a way to be the best of the best, referring to the player made guides for how to build a super all star team is a good idea.
Azzyblue
Level 42
Threads: 2
Posted: 8/10/2013 at 11:52 AM Post #5
Thank you everyone for all your help! Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I forgot to check on this thread yesterday, hehe!

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.