Forum Index > Other Fiction > ~WildAndFree~
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Emberfall777
Level 60
The Artistic
Threads: 46
Posted: 9/4/2017 at 4:35 PM Post #1
A long time ago, nuclear war broke out among the humans. They fought fierce and hard against one another, almost completely destroying their planet until little remained. After many, many years the humans were almost completely extinct, living in small villages scattered about the world. Almost no animal or plant life remained for a long time. The world slowly healed. Now, instead of humans and animals, there are mostly mutants. They are part human part animal and they live in groups of their species and keep an eye on the humans, who they view as evil. The question is, what next?

Welcome to Wild and Free! Enjoy reading these chapters, I will try to post chapters frequently!

Commentary Page Here
Edited By Emberfall777 on 9/17/2017 at 10:51 AM.
Emberfall777
Level 60
The Artistic
Posted: 9/4/2017 at 5:02 PM Post #2
Mutants

All mutants can shape-shift, but only into their animal, they may also speak to their animal (For example: Wolf mutant can shift into a wolf and speak to wolves) for a short period of time. As the gain control of this ability they can do it for longer though many don't even know they can shape-shift at all.
A mutant may eventually learn to speak to animals

I am a wolf mutant. Instead of human ears my ears are wolf ears that stick out of the hair on my head. My hands look like I am wearing furry mittens and my fingers are more like claws. From the waist down I am covered with thick fur. Lucky for us wolf mutants, our chests remain bare. We wear thin leather shorts and thin leather t-shirts. Our clothes are dyed to match our fur color. I have an exceptional sense of smell, sight, and hearing.
I am hawk mutant. I look like a regular human besides my large, feathery wings. Also all area between my waist and neck, including my arms are covered with feathers. We wear thin feathery leather shorts that match or feather color, are t-shirts are the same. I have an exceptional sense of smell, sight, and hearing. We usually live solo and tend to abandon our young. It may sound cruel, but it is the best way to ensure only the strongest survive.
Edited By Emberfall777 on 9/15/2017 at 5:41 PM.
Emberfall777
Level 60
The Artistic
Posted: 9/13/2017 at 7:03 PM Post #3
Reserved for future prolouge
Emberfall777
Level 60
The Artistic
Posted: 9/17/2017 at 10:45 AM Post #4
Chapter 1

I crouch on the sturdy branch, my back pressed against the thick trunk of the strong oak. Although I am a decent ways up off the ground my enhanced vision allows me to see clearly what lays below and around me. There isn't much to see though, mostly just fallen leaves, it is fall after all, and bits of stone and twigs. As a wolf mutant I am not built for climbing, as matter of fact most of my pack thinks I am quite strange. My father being the Alpha is probably the only reason they accept me at all. It is a bit odd that they let me make important decisions as Delta, enforcing the rules of my parents, the Alpha and the Beta. I sigh and close my eyes for a moment, it feels good to be out of camp, wandering the forest. For once, I feel free.

I snap open my eyes to the sound of rustling leaves, I should have known my peace would not last. I quickly scan my surroundings only to relax again when I realize it was just a squirrel, chittering angrily at a bird. At ease once more, I decide I can't be so paranoid. After all, not everything and everyone is out to get me. I drop out of the tree, landing on all fours, before standing and brushing the dirt off my hands. I turn and begin to trot back towards camp.

After a while I begin to veer off course. I don't really want to go back to camp at the moment, so I spread my wings and leap into the air, soaring above the trees. The other wolf hybrids will never know what it is like to fly, as I am the only one with wings. Just one more thing for them to talk about behind my back. I am soon soaring high above the trees, alone in the sky besides for the occasional bird. I know I should hunt a few while I am up here, but right now I don't care. I just want to fly.

Feeling the wind in my feathers and fur gives me a sense of freedom I almost never have around my pack. The thought saddens me a bit, but it is the truth, and to me the truth means more than any code or law. Maybe that's part of the reason I am so different. I fly for a long time, until night begins to fall.
Edited By Emberfall777 on 11/18/2017 at 4:32 PM.
Emberfall777
Level 60
The Artistic
Posted: 10/2/2017 at 6:33 PM Post #5
Chapter 2

I
Edited By Emberfall777 on 10/15/2017 at 11:51 AM.
Emberfall777
Level 60
The Artistic
Posted: 10/5/2017 at 4:48 PM Post #6
Chapter 3

I
Edited By Emberfall777 on 10/15/2017 at 11:51 AM.
Emberfall777
Level 60
The Artistic
Posted: 11/18/2017 at 4:26 PM Post #7
Bump... 0.o

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.