Forum Index > Other Fiction > Ideas for Powers/Spells
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Xenios
Level 68
The Tender
Threads: 114
Posted: 8/1/2017 at 8:00 PM Post #1
I am writing a story that involves enhanced beings with magical powers. I listed the ones I have here, but does anyone have any ideas for others? Just a fun way to exercise your creativity (and give me some good suggestions).

Igneus-Harnesses the energy of fire to burn and demolish objects or people. (offensive)

Overthrow-Takes the energy from an opponent's blow and reverses it, causing them to, literally, attack themselves. (defensive)

Igneus Overthrow-A highly destructive tactic caused when two people, whether a team or opponents, use igneus and overthrow at the same time and directed to the same spot. A wave of powerful energy is produced, causing massive destruction. (offensive)

Sonic Demolition-By harnessing sound waves temporarily, a person can destroy items or people by directing the waves in a single force.
Depending on the force of the blow, a period of complete silence will follow before sound waves can replace those demolished. (offensive)

Ranging Force-Temporarily creates an impenetrable force field. Can redirect force and stun an opponent with a wave of energy, weakening them or even knocking them out. (defensive)

Sonic Force-Caused when Sonic Demolition and Ranging Force are used simultaneously (by the same person). Sound waves are harnessed to create a thick sound barrier, protecting anything inside. However, this takes a large amount of energy and after thirty seconds, the barrier becomes very difficult to maintain. (defensive)

Intrude-Allows a person to take a hollow form, like a hologram or shadow, and pass by physical barriers or evade technological security.
Intrude is not limited to one person, and can be spread out to cloak many, but is thinner and has a heightened chance of failure. (one person--5% risk, 2-3 people--10% risk, 5-10 people--15% risk, 10+ people--25%+ risk) (either)

Echo-An image of a person is created. It can be heard, felt, touched, etcetera. Basically, it is a twin being.
The image fades with time. The longer it exists, the more energy it takes.
If a person is killed while their echo exists, they no longer provide it with energy, and it dies also. An echo is capable of splitting and making a thinner echo of itself. (neither)

Shadowflight-Allows a person to create an echo capable of taking a holographic essence. Caused when Intrude and Echo are used at the same time by the same person.
Possessive Shadowflight: This echo may also possess a living being. (An easier way to hide people not possessing Intrude power, while making the risk of failure smaller.)

Telesympathy-Allows a person to access memory, emotion, thought, or even control of the mind and body without making physical contact.

Proterra-Allows a solid being to enter another solid being, such as the ground, stone, metal, or wood. A merging of beings, basically.

Possess-Allows a person to enter and control a being by combining Telesympathy and Proterra.

Soul Steal-Basically the sylestia soul steal (I promise I didn't copy it!!). Allows a being to heal themself for half of the damage caused to another being.
Goldenfeather74
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 27
Posted: 8/7/2017 at 6:02 PM Post #2
Empathy- whatever damage is done to you your opponent feels/has too

Barrier- a difficult spell that prevents you from being possessed by an invisible barrier around your mind

Gag- prevents opponent from casting spells with a verbal component (don't know if there are any or how exactly these spells would work)

Message in a bottle- enchanted bottles that when an object or message is placed in one it can be taken out of its twin. Does not duplicate the object.

Bubble- speak into the bubble created by this spell and it will not pop until it finds its recipient, repeating the message in the sender's voice

Mirror mist- a smoky duplicate will be created that can travel through mirrors to deliver messages or spy

Marionette- controlling humanoid objects to move

Shadow- makes the user 2-D, intangible, nearly invisible, and unable to be hurt. While in this form unable to hear, see, or feel, it's advisable to not move.

Elastic- makes the user more flexible and able to fit in tight spaces

If you want to use any of these feel free to change their names or whatever you want.
Xenios
Level 68
The Tender
Threads: 114
Posted: 8/7/2017 at 7:22 PM Post #3
Wow, these are really good! Thanks for the help. If I do end up using them I'll make sure to credit you in the copyright.

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.