Players 2,411 375
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,241,199 1,270
Generated 656,170 19
Captured 1,190,409 63
Bred 6,394,525 1,188
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > I need some help/explanations.
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Blackbirb
Level 60
Threads: 1
Posted: 7/23/2017 at 3:15 PM Post #1
Hello everyone~
I was tagged for the Beach/Summer thingie at the Forum and i don't know what i have to do now. Unfortunately, i've forgot who pinged me ^^'

1. Did i have to submit my own pets or did i have to generate a new Sylesti at the Generator?
2. Is this contest just for already existing Sylesties or is it allowed to post saved pictures from the Generator?
3. Are newbies allowed to join? (I asked this because i'm one and i own only a few, very random colored, pets at the moment)
4. Did i get the ping because i own a pet that fits the theme or was it just a general ping or was it maybe a mistake?

It would be really helpful if somebody can give me an answer because i'm really confused about this.

Nice greetings~
Cian
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 140
Posted: 7/23/2017 at 3:31 PM Post #2
you mean the 2017 Summer Festival - (General) Themed pet designe, it's Krinadon who ping evrybody for this event.

Ok so anser in order :

1. it's for designe not for already created pets, just play around with the generator ard try to create some themmed ^-^

2. as long that the designe is yours you can post it from what i know

3. yes, it's to create the summer themmed pets so evrybody can participate

4. all player are pings you join if you want
Blackbirb
Level 60
Posted: 7/23/2017 at 4:18 PM Post #3
Thank you very much for your answers. It helps me a lot ^-^
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 7/23/2017 at 4:25 PM Post #4
Basically what the theme design threads are so the admins don't have to come up with 21+ theme designs for the Tagged pets that are available during a festival (in this case, 42 designs.)
You do not need to own or generate any pets, and all players are free to submit designs- it was a general forum ping for a contest.

When you go to design/post:
1. Are there any design guidelines? (in this case, one thread is "related to/inspired by Summer in general, excluding Beach related", and the other is "Beach related only")

2. Check if any species in particular are wanted/excluded (in this case, no restrictions on species, feel free to play with any species in the generator)

3. Making only one post and just editing it as you go is preferable.

4. What you are doing is designing a colour sceme- whatever traits you pic to put on the pets you put in your post are irrelevant beyond displaying the colours to their best effect (although Krin mentioned at one point that non-restricted traits are better)
Repeat: you are designing a colour sheme, fill out all the colour boxes, pick random traits, swap around the traits, see how they all interact, poke the colours until they generally work well together regardless of what traits are picked.
(the number of people who just pick a few specific traits and do colours only for those traits, and the entire thing is based on the traits make me want to knock my head on a wall sometimes)

5. Our personal preference for setup of our post is Alphabetical order, image size 250, one male and one female of each species, one with six traits one with three, no doubling of traits.
There are lots of different styles for how people set them up- some people include no-vis versions, some show five different variations, some do size 200, some size 500.

6. Naming the potential-theme is preferred (but that doesn't mean it'll keep the name- sometimes the admins will pick a different name (see: Witch's Blood nytekrie was named "Nevermore nytekrie" by its creator- sometimes they might also alter some of the colours a bit, see: Black Swallowtail nephini, which basically had its red-orange and blue colours swapped)
Edited By Scathreoite on 7/23/2017 at 4:30 PM.
Blackbirb
Level 60
Posted: 7/23/2017 at 6:45 PM Post #5
Hello there~
thank you for all the informations. So, it's okay when both genders have the same colors but they can't have the same traits? It's better to ask twice before something goes wrong ;)
For example:
1. I take a pair of Aurleons and give them identical "summer" colors
2. then i fill all 6 traits for the male and the female get only 3 but completely different traits.

Is that right?
Cian
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 140
Posted: 7/23/2017 at 7:10 PM Post #6
as long that this show the colors combinaison it will work, i personaly go with 3 trait by gender unless the pets colors are affected diferentely like in the case of the quilari. the main idea is to show the colors cheme of the designe.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 7/23/2017 at 10:34 PM Post #7
Basically you
1. Go to the generator
2. probably have some sort of idea what kind of thing you want, like, say... if I want to design a colouration based on a fiery sunsets, so I go open some tabs with reference pictures or something

3. consider which pet species it might work on- you can always just switch later, it's not like you're locking yourself in. If you design a different colour set for the same species that you like better later, but before the end date of the design contest, you can swap. More than once I've made a design for one species and then repurposed it to a different species because I made a different one that I liked better.
So let's pick... Aeridini, I guess, that might work

3.5. Check that there isn't already a theme based on whatever for that species.

4. poke at colours a lot, adjusting as you go, until it works. Flail at the trait dropdowns to pick random combos and see how it works with them

poke at colours more as necessary
poke one, poke another, poke several more

5. check through the other themes the species has to make sure it's at least reasonably distinct from those it already has

6. And once you are happy with it, you put it in your post. The size, gender, traits, set up style are all up you your own preference.
So if I, myself, posted this aeri in the thread, we'd set it up like

Fiery Clouds Aeridini

but other people might do all theirs as three traits/single gender/size500, or 6 traits all the same/bothgender/150, or 1 notrait+4x 2 random traits/single gender/250 or any other variation. Have a look through the threads to see what other people have done.
Blackbirb
Level 60
Posted: 7/23/2017 at 10:55 PM Post #8
Hey there~
thanks again you both for all the helpful informations and suggestions. I think i know now how the whole contest thing works.
And my first 2 entries for the general Summer Contest are already done ^-^

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.