Forum Index > Other Fiction > Anarchy Rising
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Happiness
Level 64
The Tender
Threads: 96
Posted: 6/26/2017 at 6:28 PM Post #1
Welcome to my first story on Sylestia. It might be short, it might be long, I don't know. Feedback is greatly appreciated, but please PM me, not actually post on this thread. Constructive criticism is honestly needed, as I've never really written a full story, just fragments, so I have no clue how well I really write. Thanks for reading, and welcome to

Anarchy Rising

(I'm rewriting all the chapters so far to make a more cohesive storyline. Sorry for the major changes)
Edited By Happiness on 1/18/2018 at 8:36 PM.
Happiness
Level 64
The Tender
Posted: 9/15/2017 at 9:00 PM Post #2
~Prologue: A True Friend~

Seafoam stood at the edge of the water, her talons dipped into the cold brine. She stared deeply at her reflection, as if willing her own body to change, to stop looking like herself, like her mother, like the mother who she had left what now seemed like eons ago. The mother whose life she had undoubtedly ruined. She would never, of course, leave Mirage and the rebellion, but every so often, she felt the pull of her family. Of her mother's open arms, of her clamoring sisters and her shy but oddly comical brother. And of course, to him. Tide. The lost love she would never again see. The reason she had left. A single tear ran down her face, and she wanted to run back, swim back to the ocean, to her palace, to family. A strange word she had never understood more than she did now. Family.

"You have us now." Seafoam turned to see Mirage, in all her jet-studded glory. "We are your family. And we are so much better than your old family, aren't we?" Seafoam nodded her head dutifully, but inside she was shaking. You never knew family! You'll never know the pull, you'll never know the pain inside!"And plus," added Mirage, "they'll never accept you after you left and led your troops into battle against them, will they?" Seafoam felt tears welling up in her eyes, but blinked them away. The truth was, she knew Mirage was right. She knew her mother and her sisters would never again accept her, she had known that the day she had left. But she couldn't accept it. She couldn't accept that her dream of love would never come true. Seafoam turned away from the waters edge.

"Let's go." She said, in a stiff voice. "We have armies to assemble." She spread her wings and headed for the desert. Mirage stayed behind, watching her fly off into the night, a broad grin covering her face as she flicked open her claws and headed out to the water, wincing at the frigid feeling under her scales but braving the cold and diving deeper in still. She smiled maliciously. "I have a very important dragon to... take care of."
Edited By Happiness on 1/18/2018 at 8:23 PM.
Happiness
Level 64
The Tender
Posted: 12/19/2017 at 7:51 PM Post #3
~Chapter 1: Chilly Days~

Alpine lay on a bed of fluffy comforters and pillows, examining her shining talons in the light cast from the ceiling, where a piece of glass let in moonshine. She had been tired all day, waiting for orders to come from her mother to return home. Her talons clenched as she remembered that day when her brother had been cast out, simply for failing her aunt, so it was not in abject sadness that she was double-crossing her family. Her parents, of course, thought she was deep in diplomacy with those on their side in Sanctuary, while in fact she was lounging in luxury in the spy hideout. She smiled slightly as she remembered the good old days when they were a happy family. She was deep in thought when Polar, a silver IceWing dappled with darker grey scales, and one of her accomplices, burst into the room and pulled her arm towards the doorway.

"Where are we going?" asked Alpine in curiosity. Polar put a talon to her snout and her eyes darted around as if she was in a panic. Alpine silently followed, still confused, when she heard the sound of dragon voices echoing down the halls.

"Where is she? Where are they all? Blizzard promised us untold riches if we caught the spy's partner, and I for one cannot wait to advance Circles." At this Alpine shivered. Had they caught Ermine? If so, both of them were in imminent danger. She had to go help him. She must have looked desperate, because the other IceWing patted her on the back and whispered in a soft tone,

"You'll be fine. We'll get out and go get him. Don't worry." They crept out the back entrance and immediately took off through the densely wooded, snow covered forest. They set up camp in a thicket of pines, and Alpine immediately drifted off into sleep. It was a sleep riddled with nightmares and scenes of Ermine being swept away by some invisible force. Alpine awoke to Polar shaking her. "I can hear them coming." She thrust a necklace into her claws with one circle and put one on herself that had two concentric circles. "You know the drill. Diplomacy went fairly well, just returned."

"I'm good with that. They're getting close. Lets go." Alpine spread her wings and flew up into the skies. She had passed the Great Ice Wall when one of the IceWings from the raid, a Second Circle, approached her. She looked at him darkly as he landed and bowed.

"Why did you just arrive here?" he asked in a gruff tone. "I was under the impression all travel outside the Ice Kingdom was banned unless specific orders had been given from the Queen." His eyes traveled to the ring on her Circle and took back the words mentally, but the damage had evidently been done.

"If you didn't know, Second Circle scum, I am the niece of Queen Blizzard. I think I might have some authority?" He bowed deeply again and nodded.

"Yes. I deeply apologize for the miscommunication. Continuation on your journey is allowed." Alpine nodded brusquely and she and Polar opened their wings and took to the skies. They flew a while before landing outside the expansive yard of the palace. It was huge, a giant palace of ice towering above the horizon. Royals, officials, servants, maids, you could see them all flying about through doors and fronts and even, although it was highly frowned upon, windows. A 4th Circle guard stationed at the gate saw their necklaces. He bowed deep, as was custom and spoke.

"Names?" Alpine glanced at Polar worriedly for a moment before turning back to the guard.

"Alpine and Polar. Niece of the Queen, daughter of Permafrost and Crevasse, 1st Circle, and daughter of Frigid and Chill, 2nd Circle."

The 4th Circle guard nodded. "Ah, you were on that SandWing trip. Please proceed." The guard let them in and they walked in to a familiar sight. They picked lights from Frostbite's tree, and stepped into the main pavilion to see a daunting and bewildering sight. Ermine was chained to metal hooks on the pavilion floor, and a court of dragons were circling around him. Polar cursed.

"We're too late. He's already on trial."
Edited By Happiness on 1/16/2018 at 9:35 PM.
Happiness
Level 64
The Tender
Posted: 12/20/2017 at 9:46 PM Post #4
~Chapter 2: Sunny Days Are Here Again

Kalahari stood on the edge of her balcony, overlooking the entire courtyard of the Sand Palace. A couple wingbeats down, the courtyard was a mob of busy servants, guards, officials and royals scurrying about like ants in the rain. She noticed in particular one of her favorite guards, Gobi. He often told her fanciful tales of the time before the Tribes, and before the rebels had begun to emerge. He also told her classic hero tales of courageous dragons who put their tribe before themselves and saved Pyrrhia in the process. Those were the ones she loved the most. She was deep in dreamland when a smooth, eloquent voice arose her from her thoughts.

"Princess Kalahari, your presence is required in the throne room immediately." Kalahari turned and sighed. It was, of course, Saguaro, one of her mother's favorite messengers, and one of her own least favorite dragons. She sighed deeply and mused for a moment. If she ignored him, her mother would be rather angry, and there would probably be some consequences. However, if she went with him, she would evidently be thrust head-first into a long, drawn-out conversation on something boring. "Your Majesty--"

"I'm coming Saguaro. Calm yourself." Saguaro looked rather irritated, but he let her lead the way through the maze of corridors the Sand Palace contained until they stood at the large oak door leading into the Queen's throne room. "This is goodbye, I suppose," Kalahari spoke in a mocking tone. She continued through the huge doors while Saguaro slipped in through a back entrance. He was only a messenger after all.

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't patronize one of my senior messengers, daughter." Kalahari sighed as her mother's criticizing tone met her ears. "It is quite unbefitting of someone of your royal status." Kalahari nodded defeatedly. Her mothers tone softened slightly. "Sit over here," she said, gesturing to the lower throne next to her own. "You need to learn the art of diplomacy." Kalahari walked over, content again, and took a seat at her mother's side. She sat down on the raised throne and she and her mother sat in silence until a rapping on the door turned both their heads in that direction. Her mother nodded and two ushers opened the door to reveal a regal looking RainWing and her entourage.

"Queen Sahara, a pleasure to meet you at last!" The RainWing queen spoke with a surprisingly high voice, but Kalahari was more focused on her scales which were a deep indigo flecked with spots of light blue. If Kali remembered correctly from her classes, that meant the queen was feeling very proud and determined, but her emotions were laced with curiosity as well.

"I am also pleased to see you at last, Queen Radiance. Our tribes have not convened in a long while, too long, and I firmly believe that the rebellion will not be quashed unless we work together." Radiance nodded.

"Well spoken. Let's begin." The conversation continued for multiple hours. The content of the talk varied from boring enough to make Kali want to claw her head off, to so interesting she couldn't take her eyes off the speaker. After a few hours of talk, a servant arrived with SandWing delicacies, roasted scorpion and cactus juice, and Kalahari decided to take her leave. She got up and about to exit when Radiance spoke. "Don't leave just yet. I have another tidbit of information that I think you'll want to hear." She smirked, evidently happy with whatever she was about to say. "Animus." The effect of that one word was drastic. Kalahari's eyes widened immensely, and Sahara leaned in closer, evidently interested.

"Where are they now?" asked Sahara quickly. She knew that an animus could be the key to destroying the rebellion once and for all. Radiance smiled, her scales turning a bright purple, ringed with gold.

"We have her locale. She's hiding somewhere in the Claws of the Clouds Mountains. I have teams scouring the range as we speak. Thing is, we don't have Dawn's permission. If she catches us, I don't know what'll happen. That's where you come in." Radiance smirked at Sahara, her eyes narrowing in a very un-RainWing way. "Get permission with Queen Dawn and this alliance will continue. Refuse, and," she stared down at her gleaming sharp talons and back up at Kalahari and her mother, "we will find her ourselves. And let's just say I won't be very happy with your disobedience" She rose, a smirk on her face. "I suppose I'll see you soon Sahara. Whatever side of the war you're on." She tossed her head happily. The look on her face was the face of a master poker player who had just won the game of their life as she strutted out like a peacock.

"Uhh." Kalahari looked up at her mother with a look of abject confusion on her snout. Her mother shook her head, as if saying that she didn't know either. Sahara sighed vehemently.

"I guess we have another diplomatic meeting to hold."
Edited By Happiness on 1/11/2018 at 7:48 PM.
Happiness
Level 64
The Tender
Posted: 1/16/2018 at 9:30 PM Post #5
~Chapter 3: Colder and Colder~

Alpine and Polar stood at the entranceway to the courtyard, transformed into a literal court, eyes wide in an unattractive gaping position.

"Horrified? I was too." They turned to see Princess Boreal, the younger daughter of Queen Blizzard, standing on the other side of the entryway. She ushered them in and her eyes dashed to Ermine, and away quickly. "Such a walrus-brain. Betraying your family and getting banished is one talon. But coming back and spying? Thats a whole other claw of stupidity! I just hope they catch his accomplice. Mother will be so proud if I catch them." She drifted off into blissful thoughts for a second and then snapped back. "Anyway, Mother's been awaiting your arrival." Her eyes drifted to Polar and back to Alpine with a look that said, 'well, not her.' Alpine ignored it and continued on.

"I agree. He is a very unintelligent specimen of dragon, is he not? He is tainting the family line. I am almost out of the First Circle because of him." Boreal nodded, trying to hide the evident ecstasy on her face. Alpine was one of her biggest rivals for the throne, and her descending Circles would be wonderful for Boreal. Alpine's tongue was practically stinging from speaking such lies about her own brother, but she had to put on a front, lest she be caught.

Polar walked over to where she could see, but Alpine saw her parents in the air. She flew up to them and they didn't see her at first. "Crevasse, Permafrost." Her parents turned and their faces softened a shade.

"Daughter. How was your trip?" Permafrost spoke first, and although she had an excellent poker face, Alpine could see the minimal cracks in her exterior. The slight glistening in the corner of her eye, the infinitesimal shaking of her talons. She swept her gaze to her father and saw the same hardened exterior as always, but she could see the faded remnants of dried tears on his scales and she could see the way the corners of his mouth turned up ever so slightly as he faced her.

"It went as well as I could have hoped." Alpine frowned inside, wishing she didn't have to blatantly lie to her parents, but then remembered their stone-cold faces as Ermine was banished, their mouths closed tightly, too afraid of being banished themselves to step up and help. The Gift of Order hardened every IceWing to a bitter husk, and she couldn't allow herself to be sucked in. "There is not much leeway to talk with those hooligans." She let herself be swept into a slight touch of the wings, almost a hug, by her mother, before backing out.

"There is much to discuss. But for now." Permafrost's eyes went down again as she pointed her wing to Ermine. She sighed quietly and Crevasse touched his tail with hers. Down below, the prosecution royal, a dark silver dragon ominously named Frostbite, was speaking to the crowd.

"Ermine of the IceWings! You have been formally banished from the tribe, yet still return to spy for the demon dragon Mirage and her armies! You have turned families apart," at this she gestured toward Alpine, Crevasse and Permafrost, stoic in the crowds, their expressions waning ever so slightly into sadness, but a cold, IceWing kind of sadness. She continued,"you have torn this tribe apart with your treacherous and traitorous behavior. Because banishment evidently did not work in the past, you are sentenced to life in prison. Keep in mind our Queen is being incredibly grateful. The next time you are caught breaking rules, you will be executed. This trial is ended."
Edited By Happiness on 1/17/2018 at 9:47 PM.

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.