Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Various Forum Suggestions
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
ToyaKazaki
Level 51
Threads: 5
Posted: 5/28/2017 at 4:43 AM Post #1
Introductory Forum Section:
I've always been the type to run straight to the introductory section of a Forum when first joining a game as I find it's a good way to not only to, of course, introduce yourself but to also settle in within the Forums and make what we hope to be lasting connections with fellow players.

It makes (or I feel it does) it easier for new players to become one with a community instead of playing behind the scenes on their own and (in my opinion) eventually abandoning a game due to a lack of connections within the games community.

Thread Subscription:
Being able to subscribe to a thread is a life saver for those who like the dramatics, but in theory is simply a time saver and a way to keep up to date with postings in a thread, some forget to ping (I've done it myself) and therefore miss out on things, be it a conversation or more but if we had the option to subscribe to a thread that would be lessened.

Subscribing to a thread (provided we have a list somewhere of what threads we've subscribed to alongside the feature) will cut down the time spent looking for a thread you posted in a few days ago but can't remember the name of or what section of the Forums it's in (I will admit I did spend around 45 minutes today looking for a thread I'd posted in yesterday when I'd first joined).

Now, of course, there are some downsides as some may not want to be pinged every time someone posts within a thread, so I also suggest the option to turn off pings from subscribed threads and instead to just have the list of threads you've subscribed to.

Forum Signatures:
Not nearly as important as the above suggestions, but still one I'm going to suggest, for aesthetic purposes with a side dish of I'd just love to be able to have a signature.

I love the signature side of things as I find it's a fun way to express yourself within the Forums and to differentiate between fellow players with a simply glance at a post.

Now, once again, there are problems with it, and that being that some may not want to see various signatures, and/or don't have the best of internet connections and/or computers and therefore a bunch of signatures on a single thread are going to be a problem for them when coming onto the Forums, so I also suggest the option to turn off the ability to see signatures within the Forums.

Now I do know that Sylestia is currently going through an extensive overhaul and currently may not be able to handle the above suggestions (that thought coming from the fact that the Pet Information on our profiles have been disabled to reduce server overloads) so I'm not expecting the above features to be implemented right now, but am simply getting a few suggestions out there in hopes of them being able to add if not all then some of the above suggestions in with their plans for the reformed Sylestia.

When replying to the thread please ping me.

Edited By Toyakazaki on 5/28/2017 at 4:46 AM.
Jade07
Level 50
The Artistic
Threads: 219
Posted: 5/28/2017 at 4:56 AM Post #2
i like those ideas and are used to them
ToyaKazaki
Level 51
Threads: 5
Posted: 5/28/2017 at 6:00 AM Post #3
I'm glad you do, hopefully, at least a few of them will be implemented in the future.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 6/24/2017 at 7:19 AM Post #4
Forum additions wouldn't add to load issues.

We probably can add an introductions forum. It's been suggested a few times now.

As for the other ideas, the Forums will receive an upgrade for when we relaunch, so I'd look for these types of features to show up then.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.