Forum Index > Artwork Trades > Shadowwolf's adoptables
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Shiraishi
Level 60
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 8
Posted: 5/29/2017 at 6:51 PM Post #21
I'm sure of it, I do like your art a fair bit :D Time to make a note on my profile!
Loveroanimals
Level 60
Threads: 23
Posted: 5/29/2017 at 7:26 PM Post #22
I think the main reason art is so "cheap" is that for a majority of the players on this site, it is difficult to earn gold. (The only reason I tend to have a lot of gold is because I also offer commissions.) I think you are correct, that you are giving fair prices with how gold would convert to real money. (Which I think is also at a good price!) But, since gold is so hard to earn, most people figure if they were to price it like you have, no one is going to buy. (and they also feel even more discouraged since there are tons of artist who they might think are "better" than them, who are also pricing things at low prices.)

Now, I know people have made threads on how to earn money, and it can be easy, but it still stands that for beginner players and more casual players, it can be really difficult to get gold in the 1k range. (In fact, I've almost abandoned the main core of the game because keeping my pets healthy while fighting was very difficult and I was barely able to keep 1k gold. That was until I discovered handmaidens and missions. Those make it easier. For players who haven't figured those mechanics out or just don't want to use them, they, too have a difficult time earning money.)

It seems a bit silly, I know. I might have gotten some stuff wrong, but in my eyes, that seems to be the main issue.
Shadowwolf3759
Level 60
Master Egg Hunter
Threads: 2
Posted: 5/29/2017 at 11:10 PM Post #23
I totally understand that! I just know since i sell my stuff for usd on a fairly regular basis though that there comes a point where it becomes unreasonably low. So i'd rather just have only occasional sales at a reasonable price then do a lot of work for small amounts. Maybe if i had more free time it wouldn't be a big deal to sell it cheaper since i could produce more, but it is what it is. Thank you for your insight though, i know for a while i couldn't figure out how to make much money on here myself. and over a million treasure is a ton , that's why i'm willing to let people haggle within reason. I also understand there are a lot of younger players who don't necessarily have access to real money to buy gems with too. In the past i've lowered prices to match what people likes and just realized i was doing way to much work for what just amounted to a few dollars at the end of the week. I might make some adoptables in the future with a base that i'd be willing to sell for less if people seemed interested. But i've rambled enough. Thanks for the comment and explaining! :)
Shiraishi
Level 60
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 5/29/2017 at 11:25 PM Post #24
I disagree strongly that gold is hard to earn. It is very easy to earn. Even without any of the bigger things I have now, it was not hard to make several dozens of thousands of gold within a day easily.
I've been on this site for a month now. I'm not a hardcore player.
As soon as daily quests open, which is fairly early, you can easily start racking up gold. You do not need crazy equips for these. Missions are a thing as well, passive gold gain while one is not playing.
If people do not want to use mechanics to acquire gold, artists shouldn't bleed for it. x.x
I think more people need to simply be made aware how much work flows into art so they understand why it's an expensive luxury.
Because shockingly enough, there still are people who will stare you dead in the eye and tell you that you shouldn't be charging for little pictures. :/
Besides, gold earning is easier than the main currency of the other pet site I used to play and there it's common place to ask for somewhat appropriate prices. ^^;
Loveroanimals
Level 60
Threads: 23
Posted: 5/30/2017 at 12:43 PM Post #25
Ah, you're welcome!

And Shiraishi, I think I actually do agree that gold can be easy to earn, there are a lot of things the game has done to help players earn gold.
The tutorial might even mention the mechanics to make it easier to discover them and use them to their full potential. My main point was people who have not found those, and rely solely on going out and exploring and using the main quest for gold. When doing just that, and trying to heal your pets after fights, it can make it very difficult to keep up with gold.

I guess the main thing is people just need to see the other ways to make gold and be patient, which I'm sure people have. My whole argument could be invalid for all know!

Hah, to be honest, I didn't even want to comment anything in the first place because I was afraid to talk about something like this, or if you guys would explode at me or if I was just completely wrong. I'm sorry if I am, or just simply annoying you in some way.
Shiraishi
Level 60
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 5/30/2017 at 1:04 PM Post #26
Those who are out on the main quest still need to then be told to set priorities. :> If they can hardly afford to maintain their party, it's not time to buy a luxury item! I'd imagine most adults who play understand this quicker than the younger players.
Perhaps it would be good to start/maintain a good mentoring system in the forums, so that people can be made aware of all these many ways to pay for things they want to get in the game and on the site. :D
You're not annoying. And if I sounded bitey, I sincerely apologize. I get kinda touchy when it comes to art, it's my life and that of some of my friends, so when it seems like someone tries to justify people being stingy with their money... ; v ; Again, if I scared you with my snappiness, I'm genuinely sorry. I do know how you feel, but it's more with actually speaking than writing on my end.
AuroWander
Level 74
The Hallowed
Threads: 16
Posted: 7/2/2017 at 8:33 PM Post #27
Hey there...
I *LOVE* your artwork, and would love to get an Egg with ref
However.
I'm... Rather lacking in the in-game gold department. I do have loads of pets, and (only if it works for you) I would love to give tagged themed pets, in return for a egg/with ref sheet. I don't have a lot of gold, but I'm starting back up missions. Most of my ~10k pets have already been sold, but I have ones worth more lying around. I know it's a long shot, but I would be willing to work out a payment plan, or something. It would be a dream come true to get a ref from you, but I don't even have the equivalent of $1 in game at present. If a payment plan/loads of my pets would work with you...
I'm rambling. Bullet points.
I don't have much in game gold. I do have pets that are worth some though (emotional value has prevented me from selling them). I would love to get a egg and ref sheet from you, but don't have the means. I would be willing to do a payment plan, and I have restarted doing missions. I completely understand if you just give me a funny look and say "Go away..."
Thank you for reading, I love your art!!
Edited By Blueskiesdragon on 7/2/2017 at 8:34 PM.
Shadowwolf3759
Level 60
Master Egg Hunter
Posted: 7/2/2017 at 8:36 PM Post #28
Hey there, i'd be willing to consider drawing for pets, what pets do you have in mind?
AuroWander
Level 74
The Hallowed
Threads: 16
Posted: 7/2/2017 at 8:39 PM Post #29
Thank you for considering!^^
I have a Storm Guardian Lighira, with 1 visible trait (tagged)
I have ~Tons~ of Faeloras, and I'd be willing to part with pretty much any of them (Two with 2 vis traits!)
I have loads of themes laying around, I'm currently sorting through them all.
I also have many 10-12 point regen Ny'venes.
The only creature I'm not willing to part with is my Watermelon Coleus 'Nixi named Dragon - However if he's the difference between getting the art and not, I would consider it >.<
I'm sorry for not having much. I understand if you're sitting there thinking, "What is this dude even playing at??"
I also, actually, have some less common items. I have a greater Mutator, greater pet dye. I have 2 lesser mutators, and 5 lesser pet dyes. I have 2 of each of the lesser boosters (at hatch), one of the greaters of each, and 3 prismatic philters. I have six magical pies. Sorry if none of these interest you. However, at present, Prisma Philters are going for... 200k, so... Hope some of this works! Thank you! Sorry for bothering you this late in the night!
Speaking of nights, I gotta call it a night. Hope this would work for you! <3
Edited By Blueskiesdragon on 7/2/2017 at 9:00 PM.
Shadowwolf3759
Level 60
Master Egg Hunter
Posted: 7/4/2017 at 6:16 PM Post #30
Sorry for the late reply, been busy and looking through your pets and such.
I think i've come up with an offer.
So a ref sheet egg is usually $20 which converts to 5 million treasure.
Greater pet dye is going for about 300k
Greater genetic philter is going ofr about 400k
Lesser pet dyes(5) going for about 30k each
So that's 1 Million right there

I'm willing to offer you 200k in 'credit' towards each 12 point regenable Ny'venes you're willing to part with,150k for each 11 point, and 100k for each 10 point. (this is above the going rate if i'm right)

additionally i'd be interested in this pet if you're okay with giving it up - https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=2631136
if you are we can talk pricing, otherwise its fine

and i see you have a bit of a project with majestic peacock griffis so if you are still doing that i'd happily take a rain check of one full gened one for a price we can negotiate.

Hope this all makes sense, i don't intend for you to have to pay the full 5 million, but with bits and pieces from this it should work out to a good amount that i'm happy with. :)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.