Forum Index > Off-Topic Discussion > The "Only" campaign
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Kenywi
Level 70
Guardian
Threads: 33
Posted: 5/21/2017 at 2:42 AM Post #1
I've had this idea and just want some feed back. I'm thinking about starting a humanitarian movement or campaign to make people aware of how negative we are becoming as a species and maybe change how we treat each other. It starts as small things but then with each small concession it makes it easier to make bigger ones.

Ok two guys are playing League of Legends
"Bro, watch me own this lane!"
"Hey man, he called mid lets go bot"
"No way, I'm taking this lane"
"Come on he called it."
"Dude is just a game <negative> Flip it around "Dude your right its "ONLY" a game lets go bot"

Some people will say this is a minor thing in the scheme of life but its so easy to take it even further.

Lets make it more real.

A young man on the street corner playing an instrument for money. Not technically begging but playing music to obviously earn some cash. Some guy comes by and grabs the money, its just a couple of bucks. he's just another pan handler, he;s just another homeless person. The young man dies of starvation and all the beautiful music he could have composed is lost. What most people saw as a homeless person was a young man escaping from a brutal home trying to make his own start.

I know most of you are probably thinking I'm some idealistic nut job. Let me assure you I'm not. I'm actually one of those JUST. He's just a dumb twink no one will care if he gets infected. What if the person that made me sick was an ONLY person instead. He's ONLY a young man I shouldn't do this to him. I've been living with HIV since 05/11/1999 because I was thought of as JUST a twink. So I'm NOT idealistic. I'm actually pretty much a pessimist. But hey we have to start some where right.

I know this is kind of a heavy subject for this kind of game but I've seen these actions here as well and I'd like to say "Hey lets start here with the large age differences we have here and who knows maybe will all of us from all over the world making a small effort to change how we and others thing we might just make a difference.

Let me know <politely> what you thing.

Hugs to everyone who at least reads this and thinks about it not matter what your ultimate action will be.

Keny
Leoandoreosmom
Level 60
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 25
Posted: 5/28/2017 at 7:18 PM Post #2
For me, there is always someone that I can help. I tend to wait until I am prompted by "insert spiritual deity of choice" before I do so. If possible, I try to make it anonymous. But it is at a point in time that I do not expect that I can meet someone's need.

I rarely carry cash - a couple came up to me one day after leaving a local sandwich shop and told me that they were trying to get enough money to spend the night at the "motel 6" type place across the highway. The husband had been looking for work and was called back the following day for an interview. The couple were both well kept and modestly dressed - the economy in the area is making it difficult to find work. Did I think that there was the possibility that I was being scammed - yes - but there was the little prompt.

Did I listen to the voice prompting me to give? Of course I did!

I am dealing with a number of physical and emotional challenges, but there is always someone that I can help even if it is 11 dollars US. It is not much in the eyes of someone who is wealthy - but to that couple - they were over a quarter a way towards their goal of a decent nights sleep before an important interview.

We have a choice - to do good or to do evil. For many of us, evil is the easier choice. I can understand how and why that is (per your example). However, a kind word or deed can reap a far better harvest.

Which choice would you make if you saw the couple and you had the chance to help them?.

I guess is this the type of response you were looking for?

Leo

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.