Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Genetic Test and Inbreeding
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Shasenae
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 2
Posted: 5/18/2017 at 9:06 PM Post #1
Ok, this is probably a stupid question, but I read somewhere on the forums that if you had one of the genetic tests from the diamond shop (the one with unlimited uses) that you can sell the services of the scanner to other players for like, 100,000 gold.
Well, I went ahead and bought one (not to make money, but because I am impatient lol) and figured it would be a way to earn some extra gold. How do I go about advertising and then actually doing the test without giving it away?

Also, I've noticed some pets are more inbred than others. I was just wondering what the consequences of that is, and how to test if a breeding pair would be inbred (keep in mind I'm kinda new, so most of my breeding so far has been to other players' publicly available pets), and, finally, to see where the inbred pets genes were crossed (without manually going through each of the lineages of the parents in question, since that seems like it would take along time lol)

Any info is appreciated!
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 5/18/2017 at 9:37 PM Post #2
Hey Shasenae,

For the genetic tester, I've never seen anyone make anything like 100,000 gold from offering to scan other people's pets, unless it was over many, many pets. You'll notice that there are a plethora of people in the Breeding Discussion forum that offer this service for free. Sometimes people that are willing to do something like 20+ pets at a time will do the scanning for a fee, but I haven't seen it go for much more than a few hundred to 1,000 per pet. As for advertising this service, I would say go to the Breeding Forum and take a look at some other people's threads that offer this service. To actually test someone else's pet, they sell it to you for 1 gold, set to your account ID, then you test the pet, then you set the pet back up for the original user to their account ID for the agreed upon price (when the service is free, this is 1 gold again).

For your question about inbred percentages, there are no consequences. Inbred percentages do absolutely nothing and affect absolutely nothing. They're basically an interest number. I think you'll find that 99% of people completely ignore it, especially those that run any sort of breeding project.

Hope that helped!
Edited By Mikazukichan on 5/18/2017 at 9:38 PM.
Shasenae
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 5/18/2017 at 10:14 PM Post #3
Yes it did! I'm sorry about the scanner thing, I might be confusing it for a different item or for a different site altogether (I'm a bit of a ditz lol)

And the inbreeding number was kinda worrying me, since one of my pets was like, 9% and I didn't want any of her offspring to be super weak or anything, so that's a relief!

All in all, I appreciate your quick response :D
Dragonnadder
Level 71
Nature Walker
Threads: 32
Posted: 5/19/2017 at 9:49 AM Post #4
A quick bit of trivia for you, since you asked about inbreeding-
The most-inbred pet in all Sylestia, to my knowledge, is over 65% inbred.
Shasenae
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 5/19/2017 at 4:51 PM Post #5
yikes, lol. but it doesn't affect anything, so I can breed to my hearts content lol

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.