BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Threads: 102
Posted: 5/16/2017 at 12:44 PM Post #1
Nami's Art

About Me

Hello! ~
I am Nami and I have a passion for drawing! This thread serves to display some of that art work to the public as well as a means to get commissions. I am currently in the middle of setting up this thread and will probably need your help in order to get it running properly! There will also be an Art Auction thread up shortly. (:

What Can I Draw?

Firstly you'll notice in my art, I don't do a lot of backgrounds. Animals come most naturally for me and therefore take the least time to create! This means real animals, pokemon, and Sylesti requests are all welcome. (: Humans I can draw, but it definitely is much more time consuming. So there will be a noticeble difference between a 30 minute human vs 30 minute animal. Feel free to ask about anything. If there is not something I am sure I can do justice, I will do some quick sketches to run by you and we will determine if I will take on the commission from there.

You Must Read This Section!!!

Art Pricing

I do art commissions outside of Sylestia. They run $10-$15 per hour plus material and mailing costs. I am not charging those prices here as a courtesy to you all. I am looking to charge 100k per hour of work. For those of you who think this is expensive - that's 40 cents an hour. That is an enormous difference in pricing so some people who wouldn't otherwise be able to, can now afford it. Additional tips are never required but always appreciated. Pencil art takes longer than working with a number of other kinds of media like water colors. If there is a large time discrepancy this is why. I reserve 2 months from the time of acceptance in order to finish the piece, however, depending on my schedule, you might get the piece within a couple of days to weeks. <3 Please put the word "shoop" at the end of your drawing request to let me know you read this section.

The Process:

If you select a more time consuming option for your commission, you will receive incremental shots of the piece in progress. You will get a small low res picture of the final product until payment is received upon which I will provide you with a regular one. This is to cut down on art theft. Add "da" to the end of "shoop" to let me know you ready this section.

Commission Form:

User:
Budget:
Description of Drawing: (please link any images here as references and tell me if you want a head shot, chest up, full body, and any action objects in the picture - if it is an OC, please give me a personality description as well)
Styles of Interest: (styles are listed below - please also specify if you're looking for something more cartoony or realistic.)

Once you submit a commission form, I will review your request. I may make a couple of thumbnails to decide if I am able to do your request before I give you a definitive yes or no. If I feel your request is outside of your budget, I will do my best to counter offer with something I feel is more in your budget. I will only accept commissions I feel like I can do justice. Add "whoop" to the end of "shoopda" to let me know you read this section.

Current Art Orders:

Eversnow - Art Trade
Ember2000 - Feather Commission
Daughterofthemoon - Free Sketch Slot #4
Open
Open

Current Commission WIP:

Current Personal WIP:

Izanami Coloring Page WIP

Thoth Coloring Page WIP
Edited By Nami on 6/8/2017 at 12:31 AM.
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Posted: 5/16/2017 at 12:44 PM Post #2
Art Styles

Full Shading:

These take a number of hours and the shading is smooth. These pieces took between 2 (sylveon) and 15 hours (Vayne).

Simply Shaded:

This uses a quick method of shading. This took 15 minutes.

Line Arts:

These are great for coloring, but depending upon the complexity of the lines can take hours. This lineart alone took four. The otter prior to shading above about 10 minutes.

Sketch:

This is more simple than a line art because there are stray marks and lines are less definitive. This guy took roughly an hour.

Ink:

Ink can take couple of hours, but has a nice, clean finish. Since ink is a new medium for me, I will only be taking animal commissions in it for now (:

Edited By Nami on 6/8/2017 at 12:33 AM.
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Posted: 5/16/2017 at 12:45 PM Post #3
Art and Time Taken To Draw:

35 minute realistic sketch prior to shading

50 minute cartoony sketch (due to perspective)
Edited By Nami on 5/29/2017 at 8:07 PM.
Faebelle
Level 63
Threads: 38
Posted: 5/16/2017 at 2:35 PM Post #4
Hey. You're artwork is probably amazing! But sadly, none of your image links are working. :( Just wanting to let you know. ^^
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Posted: 5/16/2017 at 3:11 PM Post #5
Thanks so much for the heads up! May I ask if it's showing up now?
Faebelle
Level 63
Threads: 38
Posted: 5/16/2017 at 10:42 PM Post #6
You're welcome! And yes they're showing up now. I really like your artwork. You're very talented. ;) I may just order one of these.
Foxee223
Level 46
Threads: 25
Posted: 5/17/2017 at 5:01 AM Post #7
can i ask for my avatar.
AsteriaRuneflower
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 52
Posted: 5/17/2017 at 10:14 PM Post #8
hellos ^-^ your art is amazing! I was wondering, if you find yourself willing, if you could please do a complex lineart this avatar with a little fox coming up to it for 3k gold. I would greatly appreciate it.
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Posted: 5/17/2017 at 11:06 PM Post #9
Thanks for all the kind words! ^^ Since I am just getting this thread up and running, I thought it might be fun to do a give away! (: The first six people to comment on the thread will get a free 30 minute sketch of something of their choice.

1. SugarStar - Avi
2. Foxee - Avi
3. Ryliq - Avi
4. Daughterofthemoon - Avi and Luna
Edited By Nami on 5/28/2017 at 2:40 AM.
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Posted: 5/17/2017 at 11:11 PM Post #10
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.