Forum Index > Fan Fiction > Swirlspot's Sagas
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Swirlspot
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Threads: 64
Posted: 5/3/2017 at 12:36 PM Post #1
My entry for the 2016 Spooky Story contest. I didn't win but I rather like this piece of writing.
The aim of the contest was to write a story that contained all the bolded words below.

A Masked Figure rode through the woods. It was deathly quiet. All of a sudden his Quirky Qitari stamped its hooves and snorted, refusing to go any further. No amount of urging could get the animal to move. Just then, a Terrifying Howl split the air and the Qitari surged forward, nearly dumping his rider. The Haunting Echoes of that howl followed them through the forest.

Soon, they came to an iron gate. Its bars were twisted together in a grotesque display and the tips were razor sharp. The masked man dismounted and calmly walked up to the gate, moonlight filtering through the bars. He placed his hand on the gate as a Chilling Wind sprang up. The gate flew open without a sound.

The Qitari let out a whinny and the figure quickly grabbed hold of the reins. He led the Qitari through the gate and carefully scanned the area. Ghostly Wails filled the air. Behind a Gloomy Gravestone the masked figure spotted a Lurking Mummy. He cautiously crept past it and headed to the other end of the 'cemetery'.

Blazing bonfires were scattered about, throwing sparks into the air. Tents and pavilions filled the area, most of them containing small stands where you could snag a treat. In the largest pavilion a band played jaunty tunes and the crowd danced along. The air was filled with the smell of smoke, popcorn, bread, caramel, and ten dozen other equally mouthwatering scents. Music and laughter rang through the night. Everyone wore a costume and a smile.

The masked man led his Qitari to the meadow and set him loose. He closed the wooden gate and headed off to one of the smaller stands.

"Hey, Susan." He greeted the Friendly Witch behind the counter. "Nice costume."

"Thanks. You too, Matt. Poisoned Apple?" She offered him the treat.

"With this mask?"

"You know you want it."

"Oh, all right." Matt accepted the apple, green caramel sticking to his fingers.

"So have you seen Lars yet?" Susan asked, referring to their friend. Every year he tried to spook Matt, and every year he failed.

"Yup." Matt answered between bites, "He was by the gate dressed as a mummy. Hiding behind one of those cardboard gravestones. Didn't even see me! Maybe next year."

"Maybe..." Susan agreed, a faint smile tugging on the corners of her lips.

Matt frowned, but before he could a word out a voice spoke in his ear. "Boo."

"Yipes!" Matt jumped and spun around to see a grinning Lars removing his mummy mask.

"Gotcha! You should have seen the look on your face!" Lars crowed, "I finally spooked you."

Matt glared at Susan, "You saw him and didn't say anything!"

"Oh? Was I supposed to?" She played innocent.

"Yes." Matt said, but he was smiling now, "Okay, I admit it. You got me. Good job Lars."

"Thanks man. Now what do you say we go looking 'round? Maybe make some s' mores."

"Sounds good to me."

"Then let's go."
Swirlspot
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Posted: 5/3/2017 at 12:36 PM Post #2
This one was for the Kelpari celebration contest.
Story is meh, but I'm real proud of the designs.

Shimmer

Born in a sea cave, she was the last of her siblings to hatch out of her egg. Her brother was already exploring the corners and her sister was nuzzling their mother. Then her father, Star entered, a huge black stallion with yellow flecks on his fins. Her brother, Flame, trotted over to greet him, fiery mane unquenched in the ocean debth, sleek black skin blending into the watery shadows. Her sister noticed her, and jumped up to glide over, pink sparkling fins so like her own. Giving a whinny, Sparkle said hello to Shimmer, as the younger kelpari struggled to stand up. Blue Flame, her mother, helped to steady her to her feet, mane shining brightly. For the first time, she took a few small steps and experimental glides. Before long Shimmers little family left the cave to join the pod.

Now all grown up, Star and Blue Flame let go of their children, who wandered off live their own lives. Sparkle found a mate and settled down to lay eggs and raise a family, but Flame and Shimmer weren't quite ready for that. They ended up joining the King and Queen's royal guard. Flame was fierce, and never let a disturbance in the peace go unattended. He became the captain of the guard, and also found a mate, Emerald. One day, not long after Captain Flame's mate layed four eggs, an assassin attempted an attack on the King. The attack nearly succeded, but in the end the King was only wounded and the assassin got away. Not about to let him escape, Flame gathered up his best fighters and went after him. He died that day. Right before the assassin went under, he fatally wounded Flame, who died minutes later. Now mourning, Shimmer did her best to support Flame's family.

For years life went on and not much changed. Then, one day, Shimmer too found a mate. He was a wild thing, covered in splotches and speckles, surrounded by unruly bubbles. Together they raised two little boys. Emerald's children had long since grown up and her only boy was following in his father's footsteps as Captain of the Royal Guard. Shimmer's children, Frog and Wave, looked up to their cousin, Flare. They grew up and the legacy continued, but that is a story for another day. What you need to know is that Shimmer and Splash retired and moved to the wild ocean. They still visit their children at the palace, and every now and then they bump into their childhood friends and parents and siblings, along with the rest of their family. They are still there, wandering the wild waves and feasting on abundant fish every day.

(I hope this isn't to long. The story sorta wrote itself and I was supprised by how it turned out. ^^)

~~Star~~Blue Fire~Flame~~Sparkle~Shimmer~Emerald~Splash~~Frog~

~Wave~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Star~

~Blue Fire~

~Flame~

~Sparkle~

~Shimmer~

~Emerald~

~Splash~

~Frog~

~Wave~

Edited By Swirlspot on 5/3/2017 at 1:12 PM.
Swirlspot
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Posted: 5/3/2017 at 12:36 PM Post #3
Reserved
Swirlspot
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Posted: 5/3/2017 at 12:36 PM Post #4
Reserved
Swirlspot
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Posted: 5/3/2017 at 12:37 PM Post #5
Reserved
Swirlspot
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Posted: 5/3/2017 at 12:37 PM Post #6
Reserved
Swirlspot
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Posted: 5/3/2017 at 12:37 PM Post #7
Reserved

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.