Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Arena Discussion > Kimeira and Katalyst
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Night32
Level 60
Threads: 2
Posted: 7/15/2013 at 6:25 PM Post #1
Alright, so I've tried everything in my power and still can't beat them.

I know about Katalyst's flame shield and Kimeira's draining ability. Other than that, I can't get them past ~60%

My team is currently 2 light attackers and a earth tank.

Earth tank = All proficiency and stats into HP.
Both light attackers = All proficiency into Intelligence and all stat points into HP.

Can anyone please suggest something for me to try? I'm desperately trying to beat these two >_<

Edit: I forgot to mention that all 3 of my pets are equipped with Legendary and/or Epic items (can't afford or find Mythicals)
Edited By 6369 on 7/15/2013 at 6:41 PM.
Kaeari
Level 60
Aspiring Gladiator
Threads: 14
Posted: 7/18/2013 at 12:39 AM Post #2
@Night32,
Well, there's a few things you can do to fix up your team. If you're really having trouble staying alive, I suggest you go with an all-tank team, as described here. It works absolute wonders. Basically, you're putting all of your proficiency points into health, while the level up points are up to you. Instead of light attackers, try using darks. That way, you get some healing AND you can damage at the same time. You might also consider swapping your earth tank for either wind or water. I prefer wind for bleeds, but water is good for minimizing damage.

My team is set up like this:
Xiu Ming (wind) - all proficiency points in health, 65 level ups in health, 35 level ups in agility
needs-a-name (dark) - all proficiency points in health, 50 level ups in health, 50 level ups in agility
Boadicea (wind) - all proficiency points in health, 50 level ups in health, 50 level ups in agility

It's a little more on the offensive side than the one described in the thread, but I can beat Malgron the Destroyer now, so I'd say it works fairly well. It's up to you what your team will be like.

Another thing you should REALLY do is take a better look at your gear. Right now, you've got items on your pets that give a variety of boosts, which is fine for regular battling, but not for arena battles. I think everyone learned that the hard way, at first. e__e I know I did, oh boy.

Give your pets either legendary Assassin (for physical tanks ie. wind, earth, water) or Illusionist (fire, light, dark) gear. Dexterity always helps, of course, but you can't rely on it, since the chance is usually fairly low. You'll see on my pets that I have gear that increases agility and either strength or intelligence, and even though I have mythical gear, legendary works just fine. I got through at least the first 4 fights with legendary gear. I usually farm for 25 gear in the Nightfall Bandit Dungeon, and it's also where I got my Mythical gear.

Now for the fight itself. Kimeira is actually the pushover of the two. It's Katalyst you want to bring down first. Krin explains it here, but I'll write up a quick summary for you.

Use Quick Attack on him for the first turn so you can get some damage in before he puts up his fire shield. When it says there's only one turn left on it, then you can start attacking him. On turn 11, he'll bring up his fire shield again, so on turn 10 use Quick Attack. Again, when his wall is down to 1 turn left, attack him, but try Finishing Blows from your pets. If you're doing good, you'll take him down before turn 20. Don't forget to keep an eye on your pets, as well. Kimeira likes to cast her nasty status spell. Block, and you'll barely feel it at all.

Once Katalyst is down, Kimeira is a piece of cake. She'll still use her status spell, but it will hardly matter. You'll be too busy beating her furry purple butt into the dust. XD

I have a legendary Assassin bracelet you can have as a freebie, if you need it. I'd give you more, but I already sold my extras after I got some new gear. D:

So, to sum things up:
- all-tank build
- new gear
- kill Katalyst first
- rotate your pets to keep the damage spread out

I hope that helped! I know arena battles are really tricky until you get the hang of it. D:

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.