Forum Index > Fan Fiction > shift
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Xenios
Level 68
The Tender
Threads: 114
Posted: 3/21/2017 at 5:54 PM Post #1
This is a Sylestia fan-fiction story featuring the pets in my own stables and hatchery. Any sylestis, pets or characters are either made up, found in my stables, or otherwise inspired by this game.

Any constructive criticism, ideas, or other comments are accepted and greatly appreciated, but please ping me! Otherwise, I won't know that you've said anything. Thank you!

This story may contain violence and some romance. It may also give away spoilers about places, battles, missions, etcetera.

Characters~
A male zolnixi is a fox; a female is a vixen.
A male faelora is a buck; a female is a doe.
A hatchling is a very young sylesti that has emerged from its egg.
An eggling is an even younger sylesti that has not yet hatched.
A queen is a female sylesti that is recovering and/or nurturing young.
A guard protects the camp, taking a day/night shift.
A warrior fights in battles.
A defesive warrior stays back to help defend the camp, if a battle is close by.
The beta will become alpha, should the alpha die, resign, or become unable to perform his or her duties.
The second will become beta, should the beta die, resign, or become unable to perform his or her duties.

Enjoy!

*notice: this has been transposed and edited from its former version.*

CHARACTERS: (currently under construction)
Magyak101 (or just Magyak) the main character.
The Vorkid Queen the leader of the Vorkids, who let Magyak become human.
Magpie Blacke a loyal zolnixi and Magyak's starter.
Edited By Magyak101 on 4/13/2017 at 7:33 PM.
Xenios
Level 68
The Tender
Posted: 3/21/2017 at 5:56 PM Post #2
Ping List
Littletoes101
Goldenfeather74

*please ask if you wish to join the ping list. This means that whenever I make a new post, you will be pinged.*
Edited By Magyak101 on 3/29/2017 at 1:05 PM.
Xenios
Level 68
The Tender
Posted: 3/21/2017 at 5:58 PM Post #3
He woke up.
A crisp spring morning, the cold breeze blowing outside and in through the cracks in his shabby cabin, chilling him and ruffling his coal-black hair

No. No. Thats just wrong. I cant write this in the third person.
The thing about third-person is its safe. You get to be the innocent bystander, just looking at events but not experiencing them.
But thats not my life. Thats not me. Im always out there. Im always in danger.

Hello and greetings. Im Magyak of the Wayside Village, Magyak if you like. Ive been called Mag before, and Ill tolerate it, but I dont really do...nicknames.
Ive also been called Vork before, and theres a story to that. I tolerate it too; dont like it though. It wasnt my fault that I was cured to an eternal life as a hero.
Alright, I know what youre thinking. Cursed to be a hero? Some people spend their whole lives trying to gain that title!
Well, not me. I never wanted fame. I just wanted to travel. To see the world past Umbra Forest. To get out of the hive.
And yeah, I got out...for good. Ill never be able to get back.
Not like this.
Which is why Im setting out to free myself.
But before I take you on that journey with me, you need to get to know me a little better.

I wake up every morning before the sun. Its freezing this time of year, especially in my drafty shack with no blanket other than my cloak, which wasnt really mine in the first place.
I stand about 59 from the ground, but the platform shoes make me seem a little taller. Most of that height is in my legs, which are long and lanky and sometimes really annoying.
My skin is a dark, dirty gray-brown color, my eyes are the color of the sky at daybreak. That sort of clear, icy blue that chills you just to look at it.
My hair is the color of a pool of oil on the ground, and just about as greasy. Its long and jagged-cut, because the only mirror I have is a basin of water, and a sword for scissors. Which means that Ive eaten my hair more times than I care to admitmost of which occurring when its windy...like it is today.
I dont smile a lot because there isnt much to smile about. Alright, thats not true I guess. I own a huge yard with three stables, even a fancy one that comes with small kitchen appliances. Unfortunately, that does not include an over, which I could really use in this skin-biting weather.
Ive got more pets than I can count, and half of them have never even left home. Almost none of them have seen Umbra Forest, which is really a shame.
All in all, Im not much to look at. I dedicate almost everything to my pets, which means that sometimes, Id rather sleep in a stable stall rather than in my shabby, humble abode. (Each of my pets stalls are custom made to their likings. I should probably stop spending for useless pet accessories and get myself some plywood to patch that big hole in my roof. One of these days, it is going to rain. I just know it).
And yet, through all of this, Im considered a hero.
You could take this and run with it, make it sound all nice, how you dont have to be rich to be a hero, how actions are more than appearance. But in these days, thats not how it is. Some of the places Ive been, theyd much rather have lost with the help of an army than be saved by one scraggly, beat-up shapeshifter.
Oh yeah...did I not mention? I wasnt always human.
I was born in the Umbra Forest. Faerinas Shrine, actually. Grew up in a family of one-hundred-and-eight. I was the youngest. Can you imagine?
So I got bullied a lot, but it toughened me up. And one day, I decided I didnt want to live that life anymore. I didnt want to be who I was, I wanted to go out and see the world.
I didnt want to be who I was born to be.
I was born to be a vorkid.
A vorkid venomspitter who wanted to be human.
Figure that.
My starter Magpie knew me back then. Hes the only one.
And thats my story.
The Queen let me be human.
But not without a price, of course. Always to be a hero, when I know in my heart its not who I am. Always to be known, when I need the security of being anonymous.
Always to be human, never an arachnid again.
What a life.
And to think I took it.
I was a hotheaded youngster, I really was.
So here I am.
...but not for long.
Xenios
Level 68
The Tender
Posted: 4/13/2017 at 1:24 PM Post #4
I am sorry for the lack of updates to this story, I will be posting more soon. :)

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.