Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Buggy Trivia
Posted: 1/11/2013 at 7:01 PM
Anyone up for some trivia about some creepy crawlies? All questions are themed around "bug" stuff. (I have some spider stuff in there as well...yes I know they're not technically bugs. Anything that needs to be sprayed ferociously with Raid though I consider a bug)
When done please send a PM to Faiona titled "Bug Trivia". Everyone that sends in the correct answers will get put into a random drawing for a special avatar outfit...that revolves around this theme! Lol
Edit: Forgot to put in to please keep the answers to yourself, do not share on the forums or chat/messaging system at all on the site. Anyone found doing so will be disqualified.
This will go tomorrow until 5PM Sylestia time.
1. What is a butterflies "tongue" called?
2. This type of butterfly likes to lay eggs on the milkweed plant.
3. This flying lady is the most widespread butterfly in the world.
4. What country has the most butterfly species?
5. How many different growth stages do butterflies and moths go through?
6. What are the three suborders of spiders?
7. This huge blue spider inhabits the forest floor of Venezuela.
8. This spider has a distictive red hourglass on its abdomen.
9. This flying insect typically eats mosquitoes.
10. This group of ants likes to keep other ants for slaves.
11. Aphids are the favorite dinner of this spotted beetle.
12. This household pest predates the dinosaurs.
13. This state insect of New Mexico likes to munch on tarantulas.
14. This giant flying terror of Japan kills on average 40 people every year.
15. This insect kills more people than any other animal or bug combined.
16. This insect from Nicaragua and Paraguay shrieks at you before attacking.
17. This giant aquatic bug is a delicacy in Thailand.
Edited By 2 on 1/11/2013 at 7:05 PM.
Posted: 1/12/2013 at 5:36 PM
Congratulations to @Frostfall, on winning!
Here are the answers...I accept a couple of different ones on some of the questions...since I should have been more specific.
2. Monarch Butterfly
3. Painted Lady
6. Mesothelae, Mygalomorphae, Araneomorphae
7. Greenbottle Blue Tarantula
8. Black Widow or Redback Spider...I was looking for Black Widow, but I should have specified where on the abdomen. So I accepted both.
9. Dragonflies was the answer I was looking for...but accept a variety of other flying bugs that eat mosquitoes as well.
10. Polyergus/Amazon Ants...took a variety of answers on this as well...since there are quite a few slave making ants.
13. Tarantula Hawk
14. Japanese Giant Hornet
16. Bullet Ant
17. Giant Water Bug
Posted: 1/12/2013 at 5:49 PM
Eep, I won! Thank you so much!
Now I'm quite curious, is it a butterfly outfit? Dragonfly? Ladybug? Preying Mantis, or... a... spider...
Eh, spider is fine too, an avatar outfit can't bite me
Are you sure you wish to delete this post?
Are you sure you wish to restore this post?
Are you sure you wish to report this post?
Go to Top
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.