Players 2,422 378
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,239,928 1,189
Generated 656,151 22
Captured 1,190,346 61
Bred 6,393,337 1,106
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Giveaways, Raffles, and RP Contests
Page 1 1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Ruudles
Level 70
Threads: 7
Posted: 1/11/2013 at 1:26 AM Post #1
Hi all! Welcome to-! ... Oh wait, Jynxie did that already... *glances around at the multitudes of Jinxie copies fluttering around.*

WHEE! FREE CRITTERS!
Roleplay pets are not open to the raffles. (they'll be marked.)

Chain Raffles are raffles that don't end until all participants pull out.

5-man raffles close when there's five entrants, and then the order is rolled for.

Themed raffles are whatever the hell I feel like putting in. If a pet is listed here, standard raffles and chain-raffles cannot bring them home.

Running: CHAIN-RAFFLE!!!

RAFFLETIME!

Everyone can enter. Rules are first-come, first-serve for pet selection. All pets listed are available to be taken.

Runing: Seasonal Raffle!

Everyone can enter!
Ask for a ticket to this one if you want any of the seasonal pets at the bottom of the post. This will be rolled after the easter event's conclusion.

Running Sales!
CLEARANCE! Everything in my third stable is up for grabs, at 1 gold per pet! ^-^

As an avid roleplayer, I believe firmly that it is important to get inside the head of the creature you play as. As such, I expect creativity in your posts. They don't have to be long-winded, grandiose things, and you can add to them until I call it for the pets. I'll post when a pet is out of the running. (I'll also edit the above post with ID numbers in case you want to see what's up without waiting for my lazy butt to get online and look at my inbox. ^-^)

Anyways, there's no prompts. When you post, it MUST be clear for which species you are playing.

Abbreviation guides:
'v' = visible - A pet marked with a V is one that shows a marking or mutation.
'c' = carried - A pet marked with a C is one that carries a trait.
(mu) = Mutation - Seeing this at the end of a pet's link descriptor means that a mutator of some sort has taken the standard place of the pet. This means Lesser Genetic Mutators cannot be used on it after purchase. For specificity, please feel free to ask.
Edited By 533 on 5/22/2013 at 10:02 PM.
Ruudles
Level 70
Posted: 1/11/2013 at 1:53 AM Post #2
Efforts are being made to keep all available pets in one place. This is reserved in case the list above gets too big, or for new entries during a chain raffle.
Edited By 533 on 4/4/2013 at 9:32 AM.
Kaosu
Level 72
Trickster
Threads: 37
Posted: 1/11/2013 at 12:50 PM Post #3
Aurleons Freestyle Prompt - Male (5992)

It was a glorious day for flying. The wind was softly blowing, the heat just enough to make lovely thermals without being overbearing, and the sky was the brilliant blue of summer. It was unfortunate that I was nestbound, babysitting the hatchlings. They were a fine lot and all, feathery and fluffy, but they had not yet grown in their adolescent feathers, and thus were incapable of flight.

But I had 'drawn the short stick' so to speak today, and thus was left tending the communities hatchlings, while the parents of said youngsters took to the skies for food and other nourishment. As a bachelor, it was probably good that I was getting the necessary learning on how to care for hatchlings, but as one ripe from adolescence myself, I was chafing at the burden of keeping the five hatchlings in my care from jumping nest and splattering themselves on the ground below. Speaking of which...

While I was lost in thought a hatchling moves towards the edge, peering down at the ground below. Darting my neck forward, I bump it backwards, causing it to land on its tail-feathers, further back from the edge. A scolding squawk, and it rejoins in playmates in the center of the nest. How some of these parents survived to procreate is beyond me, if their hatchlings act like this.

The trees are quiet, save for their playing. The sun is warm, and its warmth eventually soothes the hatchlings into slumber. A ball of beaks and feathers, brilliantly colored even as the group clashes visually, they sleep. I sigh, looking to the sky once more. Maybe their parents will be home soon enough, and I can fly myself in search of food, water, and just for the sheer joy of flight.

(I hope this is long enough ><
Edited By 979 on 1/11/2013 at 12:51 PM.
Ruudles
Level 70
Posted: 1/11/2013 at 3:23 PM Post #4
No length requirement. Awesome story. ^-^
Everlost
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 116
Posted: 1/11/2013 at 5:02 PM Post #5
How many days old must you be to no longer be a newbie? And can I be in the raffle?
Ruudles
Level 70
Posted: 1/11/2013 at 5:07 PM Post #6
The way I classify newbies is less than a month old and/or less than 4 adults.

But anyone is welcome to request a ticket, and I will put you in the drawing. ^-^

EDIT: you have at least 4 adults, but by age, you're still a newbie, so I'll call it 3 tickets. ^-^
Edited By 533 on 1/11/2013 at 5:09 PM.
Bunni
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 35
Posted: 1/12/2013 at 1:47 AM Post #7
I shall reserve this for a later date, you know..when I have more stuff to add here (Boo, no more essences). Ruu has listed all my babies for giveaway though, so good luck everyone!
Edited By 934 on 3/2/2013 at 8:21 PM.
Kadana
Level 60
Threads: 1
Posted: 1/12/2013 at 10:49 AM Post #8
I'd like a raffle ticket please
Bunni
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/12/2013 at 3:22 PM Post #9
**POST ONE OF TWO**
Applying for Rust! (she's a natural beauty!)»»Pet ID: 2477

"I will love her forever! She is so cute!"

Rusty brown eyelids slowly peeled back to reveal peering lavender eyes. There was little movement, say for a few irritated swishes from the tip of a tail. After carefully determining that she was well alright her head lifted, mouth opening into a massive yawn as her rear end lifted, front legs stretched out before her. A few more blinks over her still half asleep eyes and she was ready for the rest of her day.

It had been a good nap. Lifting her into her blissful world where she was the prized huntress that never missed her prey. Where the males all fought for her attention. Where she had become beautiful and full figured. She very often could steer her dreams from the memories of times that seemed long since past; sometimes though things still slipped in. Still, She had napped well and was rather proud of herself for her accomplishment. Napping was a well acquired skill and if anyone said otherwise they were just plain stupid.

Her nose flared for a moment before she shifted and began and quick trot to the nearest source of water. She disliked having to move so close to an open area but nature implored her to at least drink if she could not eat. It had been a long while since she had caught anything; birds had begun to be too fast for her and mice seemed extinct. She had made a few bad choices in going after food. Sometimes it had hurt. She remembered these creatures vaguely and upon seeing them, her brain snapped into flight mode. Survival wouldn't let her make the same mistakes again.

She reached the edge of the tiny pool of water. The river was still far enough away where her ears could faintly pick up the sound of its liquid rushing over the rocks and sand. Somehow during the recent rains this hole had filled with water. It was slowly seeping into the ground, each day making it harder for her to reach to quench her thirst. Soon she would have to travel to the water's edge and expose herself; for now though she could relax easy under the cover of the high grasses.

Her haunches bent forward and the reflection of a scrawny vulnyx glared back at her. There had been a time when she was a rather fine specimen of her species. Now her fur had begun to fall out. Her face seemed hollow. Her limbs were but bones that shook as they held her. This is what she had turned in to.

"I will love her forever! She is so cute!"

Her ears swiveled as if trying to catch the direction of the sounds in her head. Once long ago she had felt the soft touch of hand. She was a kitten then and had been so excited to play with her person. They did most everything together. She had been spoiled. Until one day it just ended. She had woke during her adolescent stage to find a new vulnyx kitten romping through the house, his runes shining against his coat and fur flying from his tufts. She had never felt the touch of the hand again after that. Instead she was spoken to with harsh words and beatings. Finally they had thrown her into box, only for her to emerge later and find they had gone.
She waited.
For days she did not stray far from her box. Surely they would come back for her. It had been a mistake, right? Once the reality seeped in, she had felt the bitter sting of hatred taint her heart. Never again would she trust of those things.

As her tongue lapped at the ripping and rather dirty water below her she found herself trying to remember what she had done wrong. It had seemed like so long ago now. Why had she been replaced? A quick snort and low yowl from the depths of her lungs pushed the thoughts away again. She could survive on her own. Nature had made sure to build a creature capable of just that. She just had to let herself tap into it.

SNAP

Her head shot up as her body flattened to the ground. Her body had shifted enough in her rush that her paws slipped into the water making a soft clunk. Still, she remained un-moving, unsure of what was near. Slowly, her body crept forward, stomach barely dragging along the ground as she curiously searched for the mystery sound maker. though afraid, her curiosity won out. Perhaps the odds would be in her favor. Slowly the grass parted and there, sitting in HER field, was one of those things. He looked innocent enough, looking up at the sky as if nothing in the world made him happier. But she knew better. They were down right evil.

She had begun to recess back into grassy abyss when something else caught her attention. A stiff black rod seemed to be racing through the grass on the other side of the person. About the time it hit her what it was, the sleek black vulnyx appeared before him. She was the picture of beauty. Shining coat and well muscled with glistening fangs. about her neck was a dazzling golden collar with inset jewels that matched the shade of her goldenrod eyes. She was playfully rubbing and mewing at the man on the ground, romping around him as he grabbed at her and angled his fingers in front of her. It was apparent to her that this black vulnyx was stupid. Acting a fool! Like a kitten at her age with that monster! Having seen enough of the foolishness she let herself fall back into the safety of her tall grass. All would have been well had she not spooked a few sparrows foraging along the ground.

It all happened in a flash. Before she could turn to dart away there was a black mass on top of her and they were rolling on the ground. She had been hit at such a high velocity that her attempts at growling came out rather weak and winded. When the dust settled she found herself heaving and hissing at the other feline. She was weak, but she wouldn't go down without a fight, to make things more insulting the other idiot seemed to think it was FUN. The way she was prancing around her made her spit with anger. Her hair stood up along her back. She would not be taunted.

It would have been a glorious attempt to put that little pillow sleeper in her place had she not been so utterly distracted by her to not noticed the guy coming up on her. As she forced energy out of her body to make the leap she felt something fall over her. It was as if a giant spider had caught her in it web and she struggled with everything she had to free herself. Exhausted, starving and humiliated she stopped and lay there, breathe heavy.

"I don't know what happened to you little one, but I'll get you better now"

She glared at him through the netting. Whatever he said she didn't like it. What was worse was his hand had begun to move close her. She struggled attempting to bite and claw at the hand, but the net had been pulled too tight. She loudly vocalized her disapproval as his fingertips slowly traced from her head to her hip bones. Completely spent, she felt her eyes close. Was this to her her fate? To leave the world at the hands of another person?

She didn't know where they were or how they had gotten there by the time they stopped.She had been so focused on pulling her strength together to escape and each time finding it hard to even lift her head. The pains from her abdomen were far more then she could handle and even breathing seemed like it had become a chore. She couldn't think back to a time when she'd fought so much. Perhaps it was finally her time. She had all but given up when murmurs of voices caught her ears.

"She looks sick, i couldn't just leave her out there. I've never seen one look so bad. It broke my heart. You think she was picked on by other wild vulnyx?"

"I don't think she's wild. You know sylesti get abandoned all the time. A plain, common one isn't wanted like those with added features. I'd gather she was once a pet. Probably can't hunt properly. Don't quote me on that though; just a feeling."

"Can you do anything for her?"

"Try giving her some of this, it will bring her around enough for you to watch her movements and personality. I think once she is awake you will have to be careful though, she looks like she could be dang..."

The sounds just faded away. She understood nothing, all she knew was she couldn't stay awake. She wanted to fight more, but all she could managed was a ragged hiss of air that sounded more like air escaping from a balloon then anything threatening. She was spent, and she knew it.

Cool liquid slipped down her throat and something was softly rubbing it down from the outside. It didn't taste too great, but it wasn't bad. The more she felt hitting the bottom of her empty stomach, the more alive she felt again. It wasn't long before she realized that something was touching her. Feeling strength anew, she lashed out. There was a clink of a bottle and startled yelp. Her eyes narrowed and focused at the human that had caught her. She attempted to pounce, but found her leg tethered by a short chain.

"Almost got me there! glad to see you're finally awake. Bastet, why don't you share some of your toys with her while I go wrestle up some food for her?"

The black vulnyx made a sound akin to a meow with a purr rattling through it as the human's hand patted the top of her head. Her golden eyes glaring at the weakened and chained other with the truest notion of looking down her perfect tiny nose at her. The fact that her lip curled on one side didn't help the "better then you" attitude. If only she weren't chained...she'd show that pompous, domesticated, black vulnyx a thing or two!
Bunni
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/12/2013 at 3:23 PM Post #10
**POST TWO OF TWO**
Applying for Rust! (she's a natural beauty!)»»Pet ID: 2477

As soon as the human left Bastet slowly made her way over, tail held high as she made a semi circle just out the brown vulnyx's reach. After a few moments of eyeing her up the Bastet left. Within a few moments, not even enough time for her to let her guard completely down, the sleek black mistress reentered the room with a sparkling green mouse dangling from her jaws. She dropped it on the floor and began to swat it about before knocking it over to the sickly brown vulnyx.

Unable to stop herself, she pounced on the toy, rolling onto her side and kicking it ferociously with her back feet. She had remembered doing this some time ago. Though it seemed to serve her no purpose then, She had many time used her play to feed herself since. This just felt right to her. She would have played longer had the sound of shuffling feet and the sweet aroma of food not caught her nostrils. She kicked the toy from her and sat at attention, watching as Bastet weaved around her person nearly knocking him over. It was a lot less cute then when their smaller counterparts tried it for sure.

"Alright girl, you'll get yours first. Here. Now be gone with you ya spoiled princess!"

Bastet pounced on the bowl that was laid before it. It too was golden with gems upon it, which hadn't surprised her at all considering the black vulnyx seemed not to have to do a thing for herself.

"Here you go Rust. I hope you are okay with that name. I think you will like this."

Her head twisted to the side and her ears twitched. She let out a small, rough growl but made no attempts to strike at the man sliding a meal before her. The thought had crossed her mind, but her hunger won out. Once he had backed away she tackled the bowl, hers just plain white. It mattered not to her, the feast that it contained was delicious! She hadn't noticed that she had begun to purr so loudly. It was also not until she was nearly finished that she realized the man had moved closer, his hand softly stroking what remained of her fur. For a split second she relaxed into it before coming to her senses and backing away quickly, her normal rumbling growls echoing in the room.

It went on like that for weeks. The first sign that Rust, as she was now being called, had begun to let her guard down was when she allowed Baset to play with her. The two rolled and romped and where there were some scratches and bites, they had gotten to where at the end of a play session they could curl up together and sleep. Though instinct still would not allow them to eat next to each other, nor share certain thing cat vulnyx declared her own, it had turned into a friendship where Rust felt not so alone. It had been a nice change, not to mention all the food.

Her fur had begun to grow again and she too began to look at lot like her friend, sleek and shiny. Though she still was weak in the muscle area, she was slowly, but surely, getting better. She had even stopped her attempts to kill the human that came to see her, which allowed her to be unchained and free to roam. The home he had was small, but very comfortable. Did not take Rust long to claim her own spot on a pillowed chair to which neither of the home's residents fought her on. Soon she began to get her own things. Toys and a silver bowl with stunning purple gems. There had been an attempt to collar her, but that had ended in scratches and a few thoroughly shredded bits of clothing. Still, she was slowly coming to realize that this was so much better then being on her own.

The final straw finally broke on day upon her waking from a mid-noon post nap, pre-slumber, snooze. She found herself alone and slithered off her spot to find where the others had gone. She'd never been left alone before. Slowly she crept peeking into every room before finding them, curled together on the humans bed. He was holding a book in one had, while the other was scratching Bastet along her hear and neck. Rust slowly made her way, eyes watching Bastet's face as she purred with happiness, fore-paws peddling on the bed beside her. Rust lowered her ears and let out a soft mewl, suddenly wanting to be pet too. She was spooked and backed into a wall when she heard the human speak.

"Come here Rust, it is okay, there is plenty of room for us to join if you would like."

He placed the book down and patted the bed on the other side of him. Rust was weary, but she slinked, belly to the ground to the foot of the bed, then at an almost excruciating slow pace climbed onto the foot of the bed where she sat, frozen. There was another soft pat further up the bed and she made her way, one tiny step at a time further up until, finally, the soft touch of fingers massaged the top of her head.

"Welcome home, Rust. Welcome Home."

And done! I kind of just rushed the end there, but this was already pretty long. ^-^;;
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.