Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Pet Haven
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Glitterthesylveon
Level 60
Fright Master
Threads: 138
Posted: 2/8/2017 at 8:55 PM Post #1
Pet Haven-A possibly safe place for released and un-wanted sylesti to go to. (Max adoption-3 pets per day, unadopted pets released in 1 week, each player can only dump 3 pets a week here)
Ryori Baths- A place for Oris
Zolnixi Park- A place for Nixis.
Kelpari Swim Center- A place for Kelpies.
Puffadore Salon/Spa- A place for Puffs.
Luffox City- A place for Luffs.
Vulnyx Valley- A place for Vuls.
Bulbori Burrow- A place for Bulbs.
Griffi Village- A place for Grifs.
Quitari Racetrack- A place for Taris.
Faelora Forest- A place for Loras.
Lupora Palace- A place for Poras.
Morkko Arena- A place for Morks.
Sylvorpa Lake- A place for Vorpas.
Ne'vene Mountain- A place for Venes.
Dreayl Mines- A place for Dreas.
Lighteria Hill- A place for Terias.
(more soon will be edited on once I get ideas)
Glitterthesylveon
Level 60
Fright Master
Posted: 2/10/2017 at 9:49 PM Post #2
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=43494&page=1#1
Author: Glitterthesylveon
Time Posted: 2/8/2017 at 8:55 PM
Pet Haven-A possibly safe place for released and un-wanted sylesti to go to. (Max adoption-3 pets per day, unadopted pets released in 1 week, each player can only dump 3 pets a week here)
(more soon will be edited on once I get ideas)
Navisparkles101
Level 65
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 32
Posted: 3/4/2017 at 4:39 PM Post #3
Though I do like this idea of a place for these Sylesti to go when they are released, I do see some problems with this idea.

1.) You say that each user can only seposit 3 pets per week? Most players release a BUNCH of their pets to either make room, or to get rid of them entirely. Especially players who like to make projects with them. So that's one of them.

2.)

I feel like certain things should be changed here. To make the places more fitting for the Sylesti.

Eerie Meadows: A foggy meadow filled with wilting flowers. A normally calming breeze is filled with haunting laughter. It seems that Ryori have settled here in this area.
Barky Gym: A rambunctious gym mostly made for four-legged Sylesti. It seems that Zolnixi have settled near this area.
The Seashell Ocean: An ocean that has seashells scattered along its beach. The sound of seagulls gives you that beachy feeling. It seems that Kelpari and Sylvorpa have settled here in this area.
Itty Bitty Salon: The hair salon is so small, that only small creatures can fit through the doggy door. It seems that Puffadores have settled in this area.
Tusk Love: N/A(gotta think of something for this one)
Furry Winter Wonderland: An ice-skating rink for all creatures. However, Vulnyx seem to be coming here the most.

Those are my ideas so far.

3.) I kinda agree with the Sylesti being released every week. However, by the end of the week, therewon't be anything to adopt. I don't know why, but everytime a species gets revamped, there's a sudden craze for it(ex: Puffadores). I feel like it should be refreshed everyday at 11:59 a.m., and 11:59 p.m., so there will always be something to adopt.

4.) I also kinda agree with you on only being able to adopt 3 times per week. To go with what I said above, it should be changed to 3 times per day. Also,(I got this idea from PokeFarm), but, maybe people could buy some sort of item that enables them to adopt more Sylesti? They could buy them with Scales, or Diamonds. The maximum would most likely be 50.

Sorry that this is so long. I'm just giviing you some cons of this idea. Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful idea, and it does need to be added onto Sylestia. But, I was just pointing out some things that needed to be fixed or added. And also offering some suggestions.
Glitterthesylveon
Level 60
Fright Master
Posted: 3/4/2017 at 5:46 PM Post #4
Oh.
Well.
Thanks.
Mmm...speaking of PokeFarm...
I forgot about checking on my day care...
Ooooooops.
EraNime
Level 69
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 104
Posted: 3/6/2017 at 12:57 PM Post #5
Released pets are still considerd as being owned by those who released them. Which is why only those who released them can buy them back with diamonds. The diamonds are there to prevent people from using the released function as free stables where you can just put your pets and pick them up as you please. Or so I asume?

Anyway, released pets are not considerd truly free or released in the sense that they have no links to their previous owners. Many breeders release syleties they don't want other people to get, or pets that have been on sale for a while. Releasing them does not mean they want those same pets to go to other people. Not withoud them seeing something for it in return.

People put pets on sale, and when they are not sold, they are released, but with the option to be bought if somebody is also willing to pay the diamond fee.

the problem with using actual released sylesties, is that people can exploit this. People who want new pets will wait for pets to be released so they can get them for free or cheap instead of having to buy them with the prices that where originally asked for them. This in turn would prevent breeders from releasing pets, which would cost them more gold and space and will restrict them in their projects.

The only way I can see something of this concept working withoud hindering the active breeders and collectors here is if a pound/haven/rescue/adoption whatever center is made with the pets of banned players opposed to released pets of active and inactive players.

Players who will never come back, because they won't be allowed to come back, will also never reclaim any of their pets. There is no risk of them deciding several years later to start playing again and reclaim any pets, as there is with inactive players. Nor with active players who could decide years later to retrieve their released pets.

So with banned players, you could get their pets, both in stable and released, and put them up for adoption in such a way.
Oxenramazing
Level 55
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 15
Posted: 5/20/2017 at 3:51 PM Post #6
this is a great idea and it is something i have been thinking of as well!
Tori
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 30
Posted: 5/20/2017 at 6:28 PM Post #7
Absolutely no support.

There's more reasons than stable space to consider when people release a pet. Many people release pets that are just stepping stones in their pet projects - say their max stat or purebred themed project. Simply allowing players to come in and adopt these released pets for a small fee completely defeats the point of the point of releasing them. The project owner now has no way to get rid of these stepping-stone pets safely so that their stables don't flood without running the risk of someone snatching up their hard worked pets and mass breeding them, ruining the initial value of their project. It doesn't matter what fee you put on the front gate for this adoption center as a gateway, because no matter what you're still not paying the person who worked hard on the pet to begin with. It's highly unfair to whoever is releasing the pets.

As for unwanted pets that haven't been released yet, If someone wants to give away these pets instead of releasing them, it's very easy to set up a thread somewhere saying they are giving them away, and then set up the pets to users who ask for them. There are already many threads like this. At the moment there's really no need to set up a whole new section of site for this.

And as has been mentioned, released pets aren't truly released. They can still be bought back from the Released Void by the person who released them for a fee of 50 diamonds. If there is a released pet floating around that you want, you can always try and pm the person who released it and see if you can't work something out about buying the pet from them.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 6/24/2017 at 7:37 AM Post #8
We do want to add an adoption center at some point, but players would have to specifically release a pet to the adoption center.

Pets alternatively released to the wild would still function as it does now.

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.