Forum Index > Suggestion Box > White Runes
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Lostwords13
Level 71
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 113
Posted: 1/30/2017 at 7:33 AM Post #1
Something I and a few other shave noticed on new trait/revamps is the way the runes are done. They keep becoming super white, even when dark colors are selected. You can barely see any color on them, except for the thin strip of transparent glow around them. I've noticed it really bad on the puffs. I'm finding it very difficult to use over half the traits in g3 purely because the only color I can make them is white.

Here is a species without the white:

And here is the puff, using the exact same colors:

This puff has "BLACK" runes:

(Yeah, thats most definitely not black...You can't even tell the difference between this and the one above it, despite changing that gc3)

Ny'venes ahve the same issue with their runes:

It makes it very difficult to make dark designs, or even really anything that does not warrant pastels, and it looks awful imo.

I mean..this puff, according to its colors, should be ALL black.

I understand a little bit of lightening for contrast but...this feels a bit extreme. There is no color visible on the runes, makign gene color 3 virtually useless if you have one of the "rune" traits in g3. You even see more of the eye color.
All colors are set to black except for the eyes and gene color 3. You can see the color a bit in the glow, but thats it, and you still see more of the eye color.

Is there absolutely no way to do the runes so that we can actually see colors, rather than just white all the time? Its hard to design around, and looks ugly in a lot of cases imo...
Absoluteinsanity
Level 71
Gingerbread Architect
Threads: 43
Posted: 1/30/2017 at 10:34 AM Post #2
The rune traits used to be one of the things I loved on puffs so much, with their vibrant glowing colors. Now they're just.. bland white no matter what color you wish for them to be. It's so depressing., and I've been avoiding using them on my regens for the most part.

Would love to see more color and less white!
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 1/30/2017 at 8:24 PM Post #3
Agreed. The entire Rune slot on almost all revamps has been becoming increasingly more and more washed out over time, making it highly limiting to designs.

We go from Draeyl: Rune is fully functional, and glowing.

To 'Mid Age' revamps: Pure Red Rune cannot be anything but washed out pink. This looks quite poor on many Theme concepts, severely limiting what can be done with Themes on an entire slot.

And in recent, this isn't really showing any sign of improvement on variety permitted.

It shows two colors.. occasionally. If you make them both super neon. Otherwise, like in this case where the hexes are no where near one another, you have no idea there is two colors.

"We Draeyl can glow any color of the rainbow! How about you Puffs?"

"...."
Edited By Zelly on 1/30/2017 at 8:25 PM.
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 1/31/2017 at 3:55 AM Post #4
Yessssss. We need functional runes! Never understood the change.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 3/15/2017 at 6:23 AM Post #5
I think down the road we'll have to address this issue by adding more options to pets where players can select both the base color and glow color for things like runes.

This way, players who want to have dark runes can and players who want to have bright runes can. And then w/e the 2nd option is is just mingled between pets when they breed. For example, if it's an opacity slider and Pet A has 20% opacity and Pet B has 80%... their offspring can be anywhere from 20-80%.
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 62
Posted: 3/29/2017 at 6:34 PM Post #6
The way things are now, I rarely ever use G3s on any designs. I especially cringe whenever I see the word "runes" in the generator because I know adding them will ruin the entire colour scheme. Not to mention the fact that some runes will end up obscuring the other mutations, they take up too much space and make the pets look cluttered.

In a similar vein I find that having the eye colour used in multiple places as an accent can be the downfall of a design. I often times like to have a pets colour scheme be mostly one or two colours and then have the eye colour be a contrasting colour. However when the eye colour is plastered all over the pet it ruins the striking effect that a contrasting eye colour should have. Please, please just replace all of this with the accent colour.

Sorry for going on a tangent but... well ADHD does that to you lol!
Edited By Deidriel on 3/29/2017 at 6:38 PM.

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.