Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Restricted Tag
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 1/27/2017 at 11:21 PM Post #1
Just thought this might be an interesting idea considering all the exclusive traits that have been coming out.

Perhaps restricted trait pets could have their own tag , "Restricted Exclusive". I feel like it could open up possibilities to release old themed pets with new restricted traits~ that way players could still "purebreed" pets from previous tagged themed and possibly even the pets with restricted traits currently could also have tagged exclusives released without the restricted traits. Restricted trait pets could still be rarer then say the exclusive themed with more open traits. Just seems when you have 4 new traits and there are 50+ pets all of the same species and samed tagged for those restricted traits that the pets feel very overused(?)/lacking in uniqueness.
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 1/28/2017 at 9:01 AM Post #2
Support!

I personally don't really fancy restricted trait pets, since they're a little too restricted for my taste. Not saying they're bad, almost always I love the theme colors and the new traits. It's just that with everyone only having those traits to work with, I feel it's not really worth the effort getting them and making a project.

So with the restricted exclusive tag, and possible releases of the same theme without the restricted traits, it would open up the possible combinations possible, making breeding projects more unique and worth it to me.

Also, this means more themed can be released, either with new restricted traits, or with other non restricted traits. So the exclusive themes can be recycled a bit more, while still having something new for older players to still want to collect them.

(I realise my support is more for the possibilities that are open with the restricted exclusive tag... =P )
Edited By Wonderfulb2uty on 1/28/2017 at 9:02 AM.
Kyokai
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 53
Posted: 1/31/2017 at 9:35 AM Post #3
I support this. A lot.

Actually, I support the stuff that comes after the tag. Keeping the Restricted special, and introducing their less-special, just-exclusive alternatives.

The Restricted Tag would keep the value of the Restricted pets (whom I have a BIG problem with currently) and make them special as I believe they were intended.

My favorite thing about this site compared to other pet sites in the sheer diversity. My PB 6 vis Dark Spirit Walker Ryori will have different traits, and different color combos (even if only slightly) than someone else's DSW 6 vis. I -love- that.

Restricted pets.... eliminate that. They are not special (currently). Because who really wants a 1 vis "special" pet? You're going to breed them. I mean, no sense not to because you'll never disrupt them. And even if only a couple of people breed them, eventually 4 vis finished restricted trait pets are commonplace. I'm already seeing it from the first ones 1-2 years ago.

So I would love to see this. Make restricted pets special. Slap a special tag on their butts and introduce some less special themes with regular traits. A Galactic Griffi with no Galacticness. I WELCOME this, because maybe I just like the colors for all the other traits. Or maybe MY Galactic Griffi was born on a planet, in a garden, instead of space and therefore has Frosted Fae Wings.

/sigh

Please don't get me wrong, I love the way all of the restricted pets look.. But.. they're not special right now. I'd rather spend my money / time on uniqueness.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 3/15/2017 at 6:27 AM Post #4
I'd like some more input on this topic if others wish to add in their thoughts.
Selestial
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 184
Posted: 3/16/2017 at 2:31 AM Post #5
I agree with this!

When the WC Luffs were first released they were this really cool thing we had never seen before, and it seemed like a great way to give a non-fabled pet a really expensive theme that people would want to work to obtain. And obtaining all the pieces to get one was a challenge and an achievement for everyone, encouragement to play in the festival zone and everything. With the Majestic/Imperial Griffis... less so. I didn't see nearly as much excitement about them as with the WC Luffs, nor do I think they were as highly desired.

Most of the restricted trait pets, the final product is pretty but the tagged themselves don't have the same worth to most people as regular tagged exclusives do? They're more about the final product than about having the tagged pet itself. And when the final product is so restricted in what it can look like, the value on them drops even more. So yeah, I think giving them their own tag and having a theme without the restricted traits but the same colors is a grand idea.
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 3/16/2017 at 8:12 AM Post #6
I also find the same as what others have mentioned: while the restricted traits themselves are often very cool, and the themes they go with are beautiful, the tagged pets of those restricted themes are often less valuable than other tagged exclusives that have more 'choice' in their final product. This might have to do with the lack of personal project ability, since all final 4vis projects will be identical. Also, while it is nice to have another chance at the restricted traits through new restricted themes that utilize those traits, I find it tends to lower the worth of the original restricted theme even more, since now there isn't just one place to get those traits.

I love the idea of a tag made specifically for restricted pets. It would make them more special, and possibly more sought out. This would be especially true if there were to be some sort of limited release of the restricted traits into 'normal' themes. Say something like the Black Friday wheel, where you would have a chance at a single restricted trait on any of the previously released themes. This would make it exciting to get these traits for a lot of us, as it would mean being able to have actual purebred themes that utilize the restricted traits. Also, releasing the restricted trait themes as actual themes with access to all traits, and therefore able to have 6vis babies, would be amazing!

The addition of these sorts of things would also open the way to a restricted trait disruptor which could work one of two ways (as I see it): it only works on a tamed pet that already has a restricted trait (aka has the new Restricted Tag), or it works on any tamed pet (whose species has access to restricted traits), but no matter how many visible traits it started with, it ends up with one restricted trait. This would stop three visible pets from suddenly having three restricted traits using the disruptor. Just like the current disruptor we have, it would only be available at certain times and would carry a hefty diamond fee.
Edited By Mikazukichan on 3/16/2017 at 8:17 AM.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.