Players 2,402 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,244,056 1,095
Generated 656,241 59
Captured 1,190,530 56
Bred 6,397,190 980
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Snow Wars Suggestions & Brainstormin...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 1/18/2017 at 6:07 PM Post #1
Anyone can place their snow war suggestions here too.

For current festival:
- I'd like to see an "Offer a draw" button or something of the like implemented. Where it only appears after 3-4 minutes have passed, so people can't abuse it.

- Pre-saved loadouts. This is a big one. For most online tactical games, when there is a setup phase like snowwars, it's done by setting up one's pieces in advance. This would save from placing the pieces the same way every. single. time. And also speed up pvp.

For further down the line:
As I can see the game becoming a nice addition to the site even outside of festival season.

1. Currently, one is disincentivized to move next to an enemy or forward in general due to the cooldown. This is actually my biggest problem with the game at the moment. It leads pvp games to be just moving away from each other, quite silly in the end. Perhaps a bonus for moving next to an enemy or moving "forward" (Towards the opponents side). Or something else to change this pattern.

2. More piece variation. I'd really like to see more types of pieces, as it would make the game feel more unique each time. A game I think of that has a lot of piece variation, and a chess-like format, would be Chess Evolved Online.

In that game, there are pieces that can:
- Swap places with other pieces
- Push units away (Either own or enemy units)
- Attack from afar but not up close
- Have limited movement options
- Charm opponent units to become one's own pieces
- Revive units
- Summon units
- Petrify opponent units
- And more...

For other types of tactic grid games to think about, there was Tactics Arena Online (which seems to have closed down, if anyone remembers that one), Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Fire Emblem, and of course classics like Chess and Stratego.

3. This is pure cosmetic. But it would be neat if our pieces could be our pets. And there were particular costumes that signified which type of piece that pet was.

4. Tournaments. It'd be neat to have a snowwars competition, tournament style. Sign up in advance, like the Door game. Then play all at once. Similar to how games, such as the ole' Puzzle Pirates has their parlor games set up.

I'm curious for what other people's thoughts are. For my own background, when I was younger, I played chess competitively for 10+ years. I love tactical games in general, so hope this becomes great. c:
Carrotbae
Level 67
Fancy Pants
Threads: 158
Posted: 1/19/2017 at 5:07 PM Post #2
-I'd love to see different types of cards o:

Currently each set of cards does one thing (health, attack). But... what if I could choose to add attack range, moving range, attack, health booster card for each piece. That would let you choose to have which boost on the piece. There could still be ranks of cards, but you could choose what you gave to that unit.

-Missing three moves in a row makes you auto lose. I find it annoying when in pvp someone leaves, and I have to wait every time for it to time out. But if you lost after 3 untaken turns, people might stay.

-Having only a castle left, would skip your turn. I hate when people have only a castle left and you have to wait on the timer. It sucks having to wait because they left the game.

-Having a map feature. (this might be hard to explain)

Anyways, to have a map like the one the story is on. You have 'places on the map', one player occupies one spot on the map. There are prize 'spawners' on the map, maybe 3. Every 6 hours you are on that spot, you get one prize (maybe a bit of a nicer prize).

But the catch is, people can battle you for your spot. You start from the edges of the map, and battle people to get in the middle to the spawners. For example, if I want to get on the map, I can battle a player on the edge (play against the computer). Then, I can continue on to get to the center. I battle the next player, computer gets harder. The next and the next, but if I lose I stay there.

Basically the board game 'risk'. You take your opponents spot, and they get your old one. Until you can occupy one of the spawners. That way, the stronger you get, the better spot you can get.

Idk if this would really work, but it would be kinda cool
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 3/15/2017 at 6:18 AM Post #3
Remind me next fall when the Winter Festival is approaching and I'll take these suggestions (and others) into account for making improvements.

Edit: Forums totally need a "Remind Me!" option where the Site pings you when the reminder is due~
Edited By Krinadon on 3/15/2017 at 6:19 AM.

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.