Players 2,460 401
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,229,929 1,283
Generated 655,780 86
Captured 1,189,522 125
Bred 6,384,535 1,072
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Forum Additions: Locking Threads+Bookmar...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
LostCry
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 47
Posted: 12/23/2016 at 11:16 PM Post #1
So as we all know, the forums make up a huge part of Sylestia! Need a certain item or pet? No problem! The sales forums have got you covered! Having trouble with a particular boss? There's always a solution in the guide or discussion forums! The forums are extremely important to this site and I think they deserve a little more attention.

If you'd like to criticize any of my ideas, I've labeled them with numbers for you to easily do so! Just put the number down and place your thoughts on the subject and how to make it better. I'm aware many of these have been requested before, I just thought it would be nice to compile them all into one thread :)

1. Locking and unlocking your own threads
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you like holding contests, or hosting auctions, I'm sure this feature would appeal to you. It's a really simple idea, but I would love to see it implemented. Perhaps you could put a lock button near the "New Reply" button. You could also make it red so you wouldn't accidentally hit the button when going to write a new message. If you wanted to unlock it, you just press the button again.

Several instances where this could be useful would be...
-Holding contests: Once you've reached enough entries and don't need any more comments on the thread, you can lock the thread to not get any more entries while judging the designs.
*This could be especially useful for Threads like Sylestia's Next Top Designer. Instead of having to make a new thread each time, the thread can just lock after you've explained and only be unlocked when making announcements or holding the voting process.

-Selling pets: Sometimes getting a bunch of requests for pets can be a little overwhelming and confusing, even if you try to record many of the orders for specially bred pets

-Closing Auctions: Once an auction is dead, there's no reason to have it open anymore.

2. Bookmarking Threads
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know, an answer to this is bookmarking the link with all your other bookmarks, but that could get a little cluttered since it's mixed in with all your other bookmarked links. It'd be useful to see the thread name pop up on a list of up to 50 bookmarked threads, or more.

3. Reservation Posts
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
!!!This idea is not my own, but I thought I'd put it in here since it seemed like it'd fit!!!
(Original idea can be found here :))

4. Forum Search
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Exactly as it sounds. A search bar for thread names. Could someone confirm what I heard about it being implemented in the revamp?

Criticism is encouraged!

Additional ideas:
Edited By LostCry on 12/23/2016 at 11:22 PM.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 12/28/2016 at 9:26 AM Post #2
Hi!

For Forum Search, yes it is planned for New Sylestia. c: Issues with the current forums have been brought up since the first year of the site. xD I don't have the time, but one can find the original reply to this suggestion in the suggestions box if you scour for it far back enough. :3

For Reservation Posts, I'm not sure what you want here? The thread you linked to is about not having reservation posts.

For Bookmarking Threads, I would like this too. I'm pretty sure this has been suggested before as well and would be part of New Sylestia. But it's been a while since it was last suggested so I'm not 100% sure if it was confirmed for New Sylestia.

For Locking and unlocking your own threads, Tbh I've never seen this type of power given to regular forum users on any website. I'm not sure what problems come out of it, but the fact that no one else has decided to have this worries me.

Other than that,
As far as New Sylestia is concerned, I would assume it has all the general forum features that usual website forums have. Curious as to what other ideas could be tacked on to it though.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 3/15/2017 at 6:02 AM Post #3
These are the type of things that will be added when the Forums receive their next update at some point down the road.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.