Forum Index > Fan Fiction > The Flamebearer
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Xenios
Level 68
The Tender
Threads: 114
Posted: 12/23/2016 at 9:13 AM Post #1
This is a sylestia fanfic! I may or may not finish it, hoping I will though! All of the characters can be found in my stables/hatchery, under the same names used here.Check out my stables to see them! Enjoy!

Plot:

In the distant land of sylestia, a war is raging. The stable pets of a wise owner named Magyak101 have divided into two packs--Magyak's party, consisting of the good sylestis still loyal to their leader, Magyak's starter pet Magpie Blacke--and The Otherside Colony, a band of violent rebels under the watch of a power-hungry young Zolnixi, Red Ricardo. Magpie Blacke still hopes for his master's return, but Magyak has been seen less and less...Magpie can't help but suspect foul play at work...but while he attempts to bring back his owner, the Otherside Colony is moving in quickly, it's ranks getting ever-larger, and a dark prophecy is yet to be fulfilled...

Characters:

Magyaks Party

Alpha: Magpie Blacke (a clever purple and white winged zolnixi fox with vibrant blue eyes)

Apprentice, Killian Blacke (a hotheaded white zolnixi fox with a magenta stroke and silver eyes)

Second: Raid (a purple, green and red draeyl with blue belly scales and blue eyes)

Caregiver: Aeristelle (a colorful zolnixi vixen, with a blue stroke and pale pink eyes)

Apprentice, Forrest (a mint green, tan and brown zolnixi vixen with green eyes)

Warriors:

Dusty Blacke (a smart, silver, cream, and gold zolnixi fox with silver eyes)

Apprentice, Fennec (a silver, winged zolnixi fox with a blue-gray stroke and blue eyes)

Sable (an emerald green zolnixi vixen with an orange stroke and green eyes)

Aristotle (a blue-gray zolnixi vixen with a magenta stroke and pink eyes)

Queens:

Psyche (a white zolnixi vixen with a deep indigo stroke and red eyes)

Lyra (an orange zolnixi vixen with a gray stroke and green eyes)

Hatchlings:

Fairway Blacke (a white zolnixi fox with a purple stroke and gray eyes)

The Otherside Colony

Alpha: Red Ricardo (a sly, manipulative zolnixi fox with a blood-red coat and lavender stroke)

Apprentice, Fear Lyric (a white zolnixi fox with a magenta stroke and blue eyes)

Second: Pyro (an orange zolnixi fox with a pale peach stroke and yellow eyes)

Caregiver: Vertigo (a coral zolnixi vixen with a dark blue-gray stroke and yellow eyes)

Warriors:

Ricki (a dusty red-violet zolnixi vixen with a purple stroke and blue-gray eyes)

Apprentice, Makaila (a white zolnixi vixen with a red-violet stroke and blue eyes)

Darkslayer (a fierce, dark brown zolnixi vixen with a mint stroke and tan eyes)

Apprentice, Vulcan (a bright orange zolnixi fox with a gray stroke and green eyes)

Smoky (a gray-blue zolnixi fox with a purple stroke and dark blue eyes)

Queens:

Alastaire (a dark red-violet zolnixi vixen with a cloudy blue stroke and white highlights)

Chapter One

It was a dark and stormy night. Thunder rumbled, leaving streaks of lightning across the freezing rain. In the shadows of a dank holly bush stood two four-pawed figures, their personal guards at their sides. A young crimson zolnixi fox, his usually mischievous gaze drowned out by the merciless rain, and an older but not elderly zolnixi, white-and-purple fur hanging limply in his eyes.
Magyaks Clan. The crossbred fools. No, Ive started my own clan. The Otherside Colony! The drenched, red fox stuck his sharp nose an inch closer to Magpies face, but the elder zolnixi held his ground. Id never fight alongside such sylestis. You betray our kind by working with people like he tossed his head in the direction of a massive draeyl, full-grown and in his prime.Like him!
The dragonish beast growled menacingly. Stand down, Raid! Magpie glowered at the rust-colored zolnixi.
You never cared about who you fought alongside, Magpie hissed, closing his eyes in an exasperated moment. It was you who recruited Fengo and Delta
They are dead, the fox spat. Speak not of them.
You dont care who fights for you, Magpie continued, raising his voice over the zolnixis angry mutterings. You just didnt want to be less than the top. You didnt want guidance, you wanted to go off the rails, you wanted to be a leader yourself
I could see why youd dislike that
STOP INTERRUPTING ME! Magpie bellowed, losing his patience, but taking a breath to recover, the fox being left with a surprised expression at the outburst. Face the truth, Red Ricardo! Leave us! In peace!
The scarlet, young zolnixiRed Ricardoscowled as he turned away. Magpie would not entertain this argument,; and so Ricardo himself was not entertained. He stalked back to his Second in Command, keeping a wary eye on Magpie and his draeyl all the while.
Come along, Smoky, he growled softly. Weve been here long enough.
The two zolnixis crept away, footsteps fading in the howling wind. Slowly, wearily, Magpie Blacke turned to face his deputy.
You should have let me take that, the red-violet draeyl grumbled before Magpie could say a word, large raindrops pelting his large protective belly scales, and enhancing their vibrant blueness.
Magpie shook his head, unwilling to have yet another argument. Lets go home, Raid.
Fierce expression softening, Raid and Magpie stumbled back onto the path, heading to their stables after a long night.
-o-
At the mouth of the thick thorn barrier that marked the edge of his colonys camp, Ricardo paused. Smoky was halfway through before he realized that his leader did not follow; awkwardly, he backed out of the tunnel, turned, and faced him.
Ricardo sighed. Go ahead of me. Speak nothing of our encounter. I will tell them in the morning.
He crept through after his second, and made a beeline for his den. Squeezing into its warm, roomy cavern, he headed for his mossy bed, but was stopped as another zolnixi leapt deftly into his path. Oh no, you dont!
He recognized the coral-coated vixen instantly. She was young and agile, but stubborn. Vertigo... he sighed, wondering what she could possibly want.
I just changed that bedding out, she told him firmly. You are getting dried off first. My work will not be in vain.
With another tired sigh, he sat down, craning his neck to lick himself dry in a cat-like manner. He shook out his fur, and she yelped as a spray of water droplets showered her head.
Ricardo, you she sat angrily, staring at him with her ears sagging damply.
He flashed a sardonic grin and curled up in the warm, mossy bed.
It didnt go well, did it? she asked, then clarified, the meeting.
His face fell as he remembered, and he looked away. I cant tell the clan that weve lost.
We havent lost, she murmured. Our plans have simply been...postponed.
Vertigo, well never get that piece of land, he growled. We cant beat Magyak.
She stood up to leave, but glanced over her shoulder before exiting through the dangling ivy curtain. No, we cant, Ricardo. But what if there was no Magyak at all?
He jumped to his feet, shocked. You suggest we take Magyak101 out of the equation...?
Without their noble leader... she smirked evilly. Our enemies would be weakened.
Vertigo, he hissed, I think you know what to do?
Way ahead of you, she purred. their precious Mag will be gone by the morning. Guaranteed.
He settled back as she left, already feeling rejuvenated.
We have it, he thought. Watch out, Magpie Blacke. Were coming back.
-o-
Magpie woke up late that next morning, and immediately knew something was wrong.
First, he never slept in. He was always awoken by the sound of excited hatchlings being nurtured, or the familiar sound of his masters footsteps on the rough-hewn floor, the scuffle of hay in sleeping sylestis stalls. But this morning there was none of that. It was silent, aside from a faint mewling that he recognized instantly. The children! The hatchlings!
He was out of the wooden stall in a heartbeat, flying across the yard with the wind in his long fur. He reached the corral panting, tongue hanging out dog-style, a frantic look on his face.
Five young zolnixi pups were whimpering, looking at him with plaintive, expectant expressions. He needed to find Magyak; for now, however, he needed to care for them.
He nurtured them, in age orderFairway, Rita, Forrest, Carai, and the runt, a smart orange foxling named Vulcan. With this problem under control, he dashed to Magyaks quartersa small, humble hut on the side of the clearing.
Empty. The garden?
Empty. The barn? The stables? The storeroom?
All empty. Where? Where?
He halted, took a deep breath, and tried to calm down. With Magyak gone, it was especially important for him to keep a cool head.
Glancing at the low sun, he roughly estimated an hour before the others woke up, and he headed back to the stables to arouse his second in command, Raid the draeyl, to watch over the camp as he sought after his lost leader.
Edited By Magyak101 on 1/12/2017 at 11:21 AM.

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.