Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Battle Discussion > Enigmatic Grotto Help? D:
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Faeish
Level 60
Threads: 4
Posted: 11/21/2016 at 7:48 PM Post #1
I am literally SO stuck on this part. I wander/battle around until I find the entrance, and there are 3 super powerful trolls. I have had my party defeated three times, and each time the best I can do is get ONE troll down to like 65% because as soon as I enter, a troll swing a club and knocks out my damage pet...is there some sort of strategy I'm missing?
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 11/21/2016 at 8:42 PM Post #2
The battle always starts off that way, with one of your pets being knocked out. So you'll need to be prepared and have revival draughts and elixirs in your inventory. Use mend on your pets whenever they are below 75% health if you can.

I believe you should be able to have 3 pets in your party by now, if you haven't, then go to the sanctuary's plaza and buy the extra slot.

Also, I looked at your pets, and will recommend you to read this guide: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=11101

The main thing to note is that you have to choose between strength and intelligence for your pets. If you add points to one, don't add any points to the other. This is because your pets can only deal one type of damage, so any points that goes to the type that they're not using will be wasted.

So when you choose a proficiency tree, you should pick one that matches the stat profile you've chosen.

In the same way, when choosing equipment, use those that add more to strength/intelligence, whichever you chose, instead of those that split points equally between both/all, or add more to the stat that you're not using. For relics, find those that give more physical damage bonus if you chose strength, and those that give more magical damage bonus if you chose intelligence, instead of using those that split damage bonus to both types.

If you do these, your pets should be more efficient in battles.

If you still find it hard to defeat them, you can explore in a lower zone, or send your pets on missions, to raise their levels a bit more. It's also a good way to find more equipment and elixirs.
Faeish
Level 60
Threads: 4
Posted: 11/23/2016 at 1:00 PM Post #3
Hi! Thank you for the long reply!

I do actually have the option to buy a third part slot, but it costs 25k. I have 20k at the moment, so I'm almost there. Perhaps I should focus on earning gold to purchase the party slot instead of other things at the moment, haha.

I did actually check out that guide, but when building my party I referenced two other guides. They differ slightly but all p much have the same consensus. This is my physical damage pet, this is my tank, based on what I've garnered from those guides. Do you have any specific suggestions aside from gear? I'm gearing them with the best pieces I have, as I don't want to spend money on gear for them until I have that third party slot c:
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Posted: 11/24/2016 at 12:24 AM Post #4
From what I can see, their stats allocation seems pretty good. It's a bit hard to say what is the best, since different players have different styles, which also work differently for different bosses. But I'll say you shouldn't need to change anything now.

So yeah, more missions, more gold/elixirs/equipment, 3rd party slot. That seems to be what you'll have to do now.
Leoandoreosmom
Level 60
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 25
Posted: 3/25/2017 at 6:19 PM Post #5
I am not at the point where I can purchase a slot for the extra party.

I am heading where Jinxie leads, but have been told (by several) that I need to be further along before I can do so.

William lets be buy extra missions but won't let me purchase an extra party slot.

Now what?
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Posted: 3/25/2017 at 8:19 PM Post #6
So you have unlocked the 2nd party slot right? You'll need to reach the 2nd region, umbra forest, to get the 3rd one.

Which area are you at now?

Also, can you link your party pets so I can have a look at them?
Leoandoreosmom
Level 60
Majestic Green Thumb
Posted: 3/25/2017 at 8:39 PM Post #7
[https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=2939642]

I have been in the Umbra Forest for a couple of weeks - Never has there been an option to "unlock a party slot".

I have 1 party slot open and have been unable to open a second.

I keep asking and getting told that I need to be further along.

I have also been told to use a different pet, but my starter is the one who has had the most experience.

Perhaps there is a problem with my account?

I let the poor thing get bashed up, give her some tonic to "wake her up" and send on on a "simple mission" to give her time to do something.

In the meantime, I have been snapping up themed pets for sale off of abandoned accounts lol
Edited By Leoandoreosmom on 3/25/2017 at 8:46 PM.
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Posted: 3/26/2017 at 7:45 PM Post #8
Hey, saw that you posted in the bug forum and got this issue solved. That would have been my reply, but I got busy yesterday, and couldn't reply. But glad your party issues are now solved. (And I'm really surprised you actually made it this far with only one pet!)

anyways, I looked at Solange, and will recommend you to restat/reequip her. I recommend you to read this guide, the same advice I give to the user above: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=11101

The main thing is to choose between strength and intelligence for your pets. If you add points to one, don't add any points to the other. Pick a proficiency tree that matches the stat profile you've chosen. If it helps, you can use the "new proficiency" system (that is supposed to be implemented soon) to give you an idea on which proficiency tree is good for what kind of battle pet.
-new proficiency tree system
-official thread about the new system

When choosing equipment, use those that add more to strength/intelligence, whichever you chose, instead of those that split points equally between both/all, or add more to the stat that you're not using. For relics, find those that give more physical damage bonus if you chose strength, and those that give more magical damage bonus if you chose intelligence, instead of using those that split damage bonus to both types.

If you do these, your pets should be more efficient in battles. =)
Leoandoreosmom
Level 60
Majestic Green Thumb
Posted: 3/26/2017 at 7:57 PM Post #9
Well, I understand what you are saying. I am simply glad that we got the party slot sorted out.

I will go back and look over your thread and see what I need to change and which pets would be more useful.

I have simply been buying tons of potions and drinking up every change she had - poor thing must be sick of the stuff (lol).
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Posted: 3/26/2017 at 8:16 PM Post #10
All the best! *feeds Solange a cookie* ^^
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.