Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Help I'm new here
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Animeaddict
Level 10
Threads: 1
Posted: 10/24/2016 at 7:41 PM Post #1
Hey I'm Midna. I hope someone sees this because I really need help. I just found this site and joined today. I have so many questions.

How do you buy, find or receive essences to create more pets?
How do you buy items with gold? Is there an NPC shop?
How do you get that adorable dragon snake butterfly pet?
Are all pet species available to generate if you have an essence?
How do you make gold?
I probably have more questions but this is all I can think of for now. Please answer soon. Thanks!
Rixva
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 94
Posted: 10/24/2016 at 8:23 PM Post #2
Hi Midna! I hope you're enjoying your time on Sylestia so far!

-Essences can be found in several places. They can be bought for diamonds in the diamond shop, bought for gold on the Trade Broker, found rarely in Mission Satchels, found rarely from defeating enemies in the wild, and found rarely from the game Jinxie's Jamboree! The most reliable way to get the essence for the species you want is to look on the trade broker, or to make a thread in the Item Auctions forum.

-There are a few shops in villages, but they only sell certain things like potions, gear, and traps. Most everything can be bought and sold from other users via the Trade Broker! You have to know the name of the item you're looking for, though.

-Are you talking about a pet like this?

They are called Nephinis, and they are very rarely found in the region of Astryl's Vale! They can also be bought from other users on the Advanced Search!

-All pets can be generated from their specific essence. So you need a bulbori essence to create a bulbori, and a nephini essence to create a nephini, etc!

-The best way to make gold is by doing Missions through the town Barracks! It's well worth it to have a group of pets designated as Mission-only pets: I recommend [TEMPLINKREPLACE]this guide![/url]

I hope that helped you a bit! If you have any more questions, feel free to ping me here or send me a private message!
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 84
Posted: 10/24/2016 at 8:34 PM Post #3
How do you buy, find or receive essences to create more pets?
Essences can be obtained:
- Rarely, randomly by: Battling, nurturing (Essence obtained will correlate to the pet species that was fought or nurtured), Mission Satchels (Completely random)
- Bought by: Trade Broker, Diamond Shop (prices in the Diamond Shop are fixed, and lower when there's a sale, Trade Broker will vary depending on the people who have put them there, and what species and rarity of essence it is.)

How do you buy items with gold? Is there an NPC shop?
There's an NPC Market located in each of the towns (Esior's Haven, Sanctuary of Saerielle and Ethernia) where you can buy potions/elixirs/draughts for healing, and traps for capturing pets. What you can get will expand with the Reputation you have in that location (increased by doing missions and quests.) They're mostly useless outside of the traps (once you get a good handle on missions, the healing items aren't worth their price from the shops)
Gold is more useful for buying items and pets that other users have put up for sale.

Are all pet species available to generate if you have an essence?
All pets can be generated with their respective essence. How many Gene Points/GP you can put into that pet and the accuracy of the colours will depend on if it is a Regular (2GP [1vis or 2carry], "fairly accurate" colour swing) Enhanced (4GP [2vis/ 1vis, 2carry/ 4carry], "mostly accurate" colour swing), or Mystical (4GP [2vis/ 1vis, 2carry/ 4carry], "extremely accurate" colour swing).
A sylvorpa essence for a sylvorpa, a nytekrie essence for a nytekrie, a griffi essence for a griffi and so on.

How do you get that adorable dragon snake butterfly pet?
I assume you mean the Nephini (or Aeridini possibly?)
If you mean Nephini, they can be found in the wild, extremely rarely, once you have reached/ unlocked Astryl's Vale. They are also findable in the Festival Zone, when it is open (the Fall Fest is due to start at the end of the week, just so you know. It's suggested that you have raised pets over level 10, and at least two party slots; all battles in the Fest Zones can be up to three opponents and they scale levels by your strongest Party pet (also I don't think they come lower than level 10?))

Alternately, they can be bought from users. You can look at those people have for sale by going to "Advanced Search" > "Search Pets" and setting it for "Species: Nephini", "For Sale: Yes", "Order By: Sale Price"

As we're on the subject, we'll go over Fabled pets so you know.
Aeridini, Lighira, Ryori and Griffi are Seasonal Fabled, and each only appear in the wild during their season's Festival, in the Festival Zone (Aeridini is Spring, Lighira is Summer, Ryori is Autumn and Griffi is Winter. Ryori are the ones that will be available in the upcoming Fest)
Nephini, as stated, are extremely rare, and findable in Astryl's Vale and all Festival Zones.
Ny'vene are never found in the wild, and can only be obtained from the Ethernia Arena.
Puffadore are not fabled, but also only obtainable from the Puffadore Pet Shop in Ethernia's Plaza.

However, during Fesivals, you can potentially also obtain any of these pets via activities that vary by which festival it is.

How do you make gold?

The best way to make gold is typically to do Missions.
There is a guide you can look at here.
Missions are good because you get payment for completing the mission, and Mission Satchels, which can have any of: additional gold, equipment for pets (which can be sold for gold), potions/elixirs/draughts (can be used to heal pets, but also can be sold), and, on rare occasions, as mentioned earlier, essences. Pets will also get EXP.
You also get a small amount of gold for battling, and can sell any equipment that you get from the battles.
Later on, you can potentially sell pets, but that's for later, when you're more settled into the site, I'd say.
Edited By Scathreoite on 10/24/2016 at 8:48 PM.
Animeaddict
Level 10
Threads: 1
Posted: 10/25/2016 at 12:20 AM Post #4
Thank you for your help. I meant Aeridini by the way, thanks. I bet everything is so expensive and I only have one k
Cian
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 140
Posted: 10/25/2016 at 8:53 AM Post #5
If you look for ''create'' pets there is an other way then essance, tho there is some trait that you may not be able to get.

when there is a revamp, a lot of the old pets have their trait reset and you can give them back and change the colors of the pet without using dye. The last revamp was the ny'vern so there is a lot of those in sale with regen point.

the regene pet have all the *This Pet Can Re-Generate (a nomber between 1 and 12 )Trait Points and All Colors* tag on their profil.

PS : you nead 2 tp for making a visible gene
Edited By Cian on 10/25/2016 at 8:54 AM.
Ciolin
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 53
Posted: 10/25/2016 at 4:05 PM Post #6
Welcome to Sylestia! I hope you're liking it so far ^-^ If you want, you can have this Aeridini egg~
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=2699898
It will have 6 visible traits, though it'll take a few days to hatch and another week to grow up.
Jayfeatherwaya
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 22
Posted: 11/27/2016 at 6:27 PM Post #7
Do you need to be a certain level to be able to get the 3rd party slot? I just got the second one a few days ago,how soon will I be able to get the third slot? It only is allowing me to "increase my mission limit".
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 111
Posted: 11/27/2016 at 8:52 PM Post #8
You can only but your 3rd party slot when you move on to the 2nd region, and unlock the sanctuary of Saerielle.

You should increase your mission limit as much as you can though, and set some pets aside to do missions. Put all their level up/proficiency points to one stat. This will let them be very effective in missions, earning you the highest amount of reward from the missions. This is the easiest way to earn gold.

This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.