Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Fictional Writing Challenge
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Threads: 132
Posted: 9/12/2016 at 3:23 AM Post #1

*coughs* Ahem, welcome to my writing challenge! Like many revamp-inspired games of the past, I will be having you write a short but detailed story about you and a ny'vene. You're entry must include ONE image of a ny'vene who will be an important character. I would prefer the size to be 250 please! I pay a lot of attention to grammar, details, figurative speech, and complex sentences, so please do your best. :)

Prizes?
There will be 1st, 2nd, and 2rd place winners who will all receive a breeding pair of 6v regen ny'vene.

END DATE: 9/30/16 11:59 pm
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Posted: 9/12/2016 at 3:23 AM Post #2
(placeholder)
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Posted: 9/12/2016 at 11:53 AM Post #3
bump
Duucksauce
Level 47
Threads: 0
Posted: 9/12/2016 at 4:17 PM Post #4
(Anything that occurs in this story is not related to real events or people)

Main

Side

Her Thinking Place
The beach was silent of everything but the gentle splashes of ocean water on the moonlit sand and crickets chirping their melodies. The cool water danced around rocks and pushed and pulled small crabs from their hiding places. Occasionally, a cloud would cover the moon and a peaceful dark blanketed the area. It was a perfect place to be and stay far from the worries of the island. This was her thinking place. No human, no Sylesti, no Ny'vene would know she was here. No one would find her thinking here and if they did, they would know that this place was her territory.

Taco Toes sat nimbly on an algae coated rock that occasionally had a wave of water wash over it. Her orange banded tail drooped from it and lazily rose and fell with the rhythm of the ocean and her evening orange nebula wings stayed folded at her side. Her head was tilted up at the sky so much so, she felt her large ornate orange to dark teal horns touch her smooth scaly neck.

Those stars were lovely. They looked like silver glitter thrown in the air and paused at their highest height. She would fly up there if she weren't so luminescent with her Lucky Runes; everyone would see her and find her hiding place and then her owner would come and get her. She didn't want that. She didn't want them to know how much she missed mainland and how much she wanted to go. Seven Straight was with with her on how much they missed it even with all the things that happened.

Flapping filled the air and the light thud of sand being misplaced alerted her to an intruder. Taco turned so fast she fell from her perch and into the freezing water. Her wings and limbs looked like a knotted mess as she attempted to remove herself from the ground. When Taco had her baring, she recognized the intruder.

She knew that warm pink saber-toothed pattern and baby pink wing webbing. His purple flaming head of hair like fire made a soft glow that allowed her to see his Ny'vene face. With his four legs, he made his way over to Taco and stood in front of her.

"You were thinking about the mainland, weren't you?" he asked.

"Maybe. I might have been thinking about other things too," she turned her head away from him with a frown.

"The only time you do something like this is when you think about that place. You know that you can't go back there. Don't you remember why we left there in the first place?"

"Yes, I remember," she mumbled.

"Then you should know why we can't go back. That place was bad for Ny'vene."

Taco remained in the water, unmoving. She wanted Seven Straight to leave and that she be in peace. He was disrupting that simple dream of hers like he always was. Seven always had to go and remind her that even if that was her birthplace, it wasn't her home. She didn't say anything to him.

"Taco, you're shivering. You've been standing there too long."

"I have?" Taco glanced down to see the water lapping at her feet and how little she felt with her toes.

Seven offered a hand to step out of the water. She just stared at him and the offering.Should I take it?

"Please, you're going to get sick if you stand there any longer than you already have," Seven said.

Her hand started to reach for his in order to leave the ocean water. She suddenly halted when thinking upon her want to go back. Even with all the things that the humans did to her and him, she still wanted to go back. It was all that she knew.

"This Island, Seven, this island is too new for me. I don't like it," Taco said.

"Change is bound to happen and we as Sylesti know that best from bouncing from owner to owner. Duucksauce in now your owner and not that Shadow Lord that the ghosts always follow. The same thing happens with homes and sometimes, it's for the better," he said while keeping a hand outstretched.

"But-"

"No. We were enslaved. You were brainwashed into protecting that human and I was forced into non-stop... he paused. No, I dare not think about what they made me do! If you want to go back, you can go by yourself," Seven started to raise his voice.

Tears pierced the eyes of Taco Toes as she listened to what he had to say.

"I don't want to go alone."

"Don't you realize that it's so much better here? Haven't you seen that the people here don't do what the others did? You can make a life here even if all you know it that wretched place."

Seven reached out to her and pulled her from the frozen waters. He sat her down in the dry sand far from the ocean and in the shade of a tree that kept the moon's dead light from reaching her. Taco's markings glowed a yellow that lit up the area. Seven sat next to her as she stared at the loose sand.

"You're right," Taco said.

Seven noticed her shivering and leaned up against her to warm her up.

"This place is better and I'm delusional for wanting to go back."

"No, you're not. Like you said, it's the only place you really knew. Now that you've left, you can start again here."

"Maybe I might enjoy doing the fun things the other Syestis talk about."

"I think that sounds like a grand idea."

She smiled at the thought of trying to explore villages; it was something she was never able to do before. Her new owner was much better for her. She could take her on easy battles and simple missions but only if she wanted to. Her owner could allow a place to sleep and even now has allowed her a chance to go to wherever she wished. Seven noticed her smile and grinned back as he twisted his tail with hers.

"There's that usual happy smile of yours. I was waiting to see it even here at your thinking" spot.
Edited By Duucksauce on 9/13/2016 at 2:37 PM.
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Posted: 9/12/2016 at 9:55 PM Post #5
*nudge*
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Posted: 9/14/2016 at 4:22 PM Post #6
*boop*
Pyromantic
Level 69
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 16
Posted: 9/15/2016 at 9:34 AM Post #7

Stars, twinkling brightly, shone softly off the navy scales of the Ny'vene flying below. Her wings, covered in shiny scales of blue, purple, and white, blended in well with the ebony sky above.
She was flying, flying to find the perfect human. Many Sylesti had a human, a Other, to perfect them. She wanted one, one that would stay with her always, that was loyal, that cared for her.
Many countries she had flown through, many forests she had searched, but none had shown themselves. Few humans ever even stayed close by, instead they would run, fleeing her.
It saddened her.
But now she was back, back at the start of her journey, where it all begin. Sylestia. When she had first started out as a young, naive dragonet, she hadn't even considered Sylestia as a place to find her human. A place rife with bandits, though beautiful countrysides made it worth it.
So now, she was back.
She landed softly, the grasses blowing backwards as she stirred the air with her landing. The moon, large and full, shone brightly, illuminating a low dip in the ground. Inside it rested a human. Old, he was, old and sick. She nosed him curiously, blowing a warm breath of air over him.
He stirred softly, roused by the warmth. She picked him up gently, placing him on her back between her wings. The flames that were there drew back, preventing his untimely death by burning.
She carried him through the dewy grass, listening to his soft mumbles. The moon was sinking beneath the horizon when she found the first settlement.
The night watch spotted her nearly at once, and sounded the alarm. A group of soldiers walked out to meet her, swords drawn. They surrounded her, but their captain sheathed hers, holding a hand out.
"Greetings, noble Ny'vene. What brings you to our settlement?" The Ny'vene unfolded her wings, revealing the old man.
The captain's eyes widened, and she motioned for the soldiers to take the old man.
Once they did, the flames flared back up. Captain and Sylesti stared at each other, blue eyes meeting green.
A bond began to grow between the two, connecting with a *snap* between their minds. Greetings, Ny'vene. I am Jade. Thank you for bringing my grandfather home. He was missing for a while.
Salutations to you as well. I am Chaos.

END
Sorry it's a bit hurried at the end, I had to get off. Love Ny'venes and stories!
Briza
Level 60
Threads: 8
Posted: 9/19/2016 at 5:56 PM Post #8
Fell Wind

There's sunlight on the water turning it to honey and I'm thinking of home. There's a lull in the hum of the insects, a gust flares up, and the smell of scorched flesh makes me gasp. I don't have to turn to know that the Ny'vene I was tasked to handle is behind me, an undeserved honor or an impossible trial depending on which one of us you ask. I bend down to unlace by boots and look at the creature out of the corner of my eye.

It's a sentient being.

The thought feels strange in my mind, almost foreign, and it makes me pause in the midst of shifting my weight to slip off the leather. I rebalance myself and finish pulling off the black boot. Even as the sun falls, the stones of the courtyard are hot on the soles of my feet but I don't rush my pace to the fountain's cooling water.

Prideful.

That word feels like laughter in my mind and the heat beneath my feet intensifies to the scorching heat of a brand. I fight the urge to run to the fountain and before my eyes the water in it seems to boil away. I continue to walk calmly, mistrusting my own senses and my own mind. I put my feet in the dry fountain and the illusion peels away as the cold water convinces my mind of its own error. I glance at Fell Wind again. It's going to be a long day.

Edited By Briza on 9/19/2016 at 5:56 PM.
Skywright
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 8
Posted: 9/19/2016 at 9:08 PM Post #9

Azar had always watched the land. She had seen when countless species of sylesti rose in power and fell to the trials of time. She was there as humans first came to Sylestia. Keenly her eyes watched all the interactions. Human with human, sylesti with sylesti. For centuries to to races remained separate from each other. Then, an amazing thing happened. Instead of forever warring against each other both human and sylesti seemed to come to peace. Whatever form they took, it seemed that the various sylesti used their power and abilities to protect and help build alongside mankind. Humans, in return provided a place of peace and safety for their chosen partners. Still there were those that remained wild, and some who had nothing but darkness and hatred in their hearts. Azar ached for the companionship see saw, the easy smiles and light-hearted laughter that graced the air. So she came to the land and revealed herself in all her fiery glory. The people were afraid. Her magic, left dormant for son long raged and fire reigned down.

Am I just like the monsters whose only purpose is destroy Azar thought with despair in her heart. She grew angry at the fear the humans and sylesti regarded her with and slowly darkness seemed to taint both her body and mind. Once brilliant blue her sparkling gems glowed with an unnatural black light, fire escaping her constantly in destructive pulses. But not all beings fled from her presence. One person refused to be afraid and cautiously approached Azar.
"You don't have to be angry anymore. I know you are lonely and hurt, but you don't have to be. You can join my party and together we'd make sure you'd never have to feel alone." The human spoke with conviction and sincerity on their face. Slowly a hand from such a small being approached Azar and with contact it seemed all the anguish and hurt melted away.
Here is someone who isn't afraid. Someone who will accept me as I am and not shy away from the scary. With that thought Azar felt lighter and a bright blue light shone brilliantly from her. Her corrupted gemstones back to the old luster. Thank you Azar thought as she accepted the humans gift of friendship with a strong sense of relief.
PureBloodBlackRose
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 80
Posted: 9/20/2016 at 12:48 AM Post #10

Darting across the sky, jewels in hand, Brilliance flew away from the museum of Ny'vene Treasures. The most wanted thief in the Ny'vene area, he was quick and sly. Ladies everywhere loved his looks, and would practically die for him, despite his nature. He was a master of disguise also- he had his own team to make him look completely different using this rare potion the humans had called Dyes. Depending on the jewel used, it could make Greater or Lesser dyes. Blue, green, red, white, you name it. He even has a different collection of potions and jewels- underground, of course. He even once marked the King Ny'vene's castle with "You'll never catch me~" in diamonds. Anyways, soaring away from the most protected museum in the area with bags of jewels and artifacts was something not many criminals could do. Alarms all over sounded and furious guards chased after him, fire blazing from their mouths. Increasing his speed, he flew over to the supposedly cursed mountain. "Haha. Numskulls, couldn't notice the king stealing the Goddess Ruby even if they tried." Once he made it to his den, he placed half of the jewels in a grinder and the other half in a huge pot. A small Ny'vene with oddly pale green skin coughed, wrapped in blankets. "Hey Bree, how ya feelin'?" The Ny'vene looked up, and weakly smiled. "H-Hey Brill, and no better than usual." The Ny'vene- called Bree, according to Brilliance- had a rare disease called Icy Maladie, which causes the host to need more heat and fluids than the average creature. Bree was very close to death due to the area snowing often. Brilliance was her older brother- at least, he acts like it- and is trying to the best of his abilities to keep her alive and somewhat well. A small ding was heard and Brilliance took diamond dust and emerald dust and mixed them together, creating a yellowish powder. Brilliance sprinkled it over Bree, it warming her a little. Brilliance gave Bree a generous amount of water and Aurleon meat and flew off, ready to steal again.

(Sorry it's short ;w;)

I JUST NOW REALIZED THE NY'VENE IS A GIRL OMILORD I'D BETTER CHANGE THAT >,<
Edited By PureBloodBlackRose on 9/20/2016 at 3:39 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.