Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Pets and eggs
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Bubbadita
Level 36
Threads: 6
Posted: 8/9/2016 at 8:42 AM Post #1
Hello everyone. I joined yesterday and so far I am really enjoying the site. I am a little confused about some things with the pets though.

How long does it take for an eggling to hatch? Is there anything special you have to do to ensure that it does hatch?

How do you figure out what a decent price to sell a pet is?

The pet that Jinxie helped me catch was a male of the same species of the pet I had created. Is this coincidental? Or should I hang on to him for breeding purposes?

I am only allowed to have 2 pets in my party, but I have a bunch of slots in my stable. If I enter a pet into my party, can I switch it? If I have slots in my stable, does that mean I can have as many pets as I want in my stable, but still only 2 slots in my party?

Hopefully this all makes sense and I thank you for taking the time to read this.
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 8/9/2016 at 10:03 PM Post #2
Hello Bubbadita and welcome to Sylestia!

How long does it take for an eggling to hatch? Is there anything special you have to do to ensure that it does hatch?

It takes a maximum of 72 hours for eggs to hatch. If you look under the Genetics section, you'll see a green bar filling up with a #/72, this shows you how close your egg is to hatching. Your egg will hatch on its own if left alone, 24 hours after the 72 hour mark hits. After it hits 72 though, you're free to hatch it on your own. During this time, you'll be given options:

1.) Let it Hatch on it's own : This option slightly increases it's health.
2.) Choose to help it: One of the 4 main base stats will raise by 5 at random(?).
3.) Use a philter: You can increase a certain stat/stats with philters, only usable at birth, to permanently increase the base stats of the hatchling.

You can also decrease the amount of time your egg takes to hatch by nurturing it. Every 5 nurtures will increase the bar by 1 hour out of the 72 needed. You may nurture that individual egg once per day, but others can also nurture it for you.

How do you figure out what a decent price to sell a pet is?

This question is difficult to answer as everyone sells pets for different prices. Usually pets don't go for much unless they're (A) Tagged/Themed, (B)Multi-Visible, or (C)Stat bred.

The pet that Jinxie helped me catch was a male of the same species of the pet I had created. Is this coincidental? Or should I hang on to him for breeding purposes?

This was not a coincidence, but a scripted event. :) It happens to everyone~! You do not have to hold onto the pet for breeding purposes though~ it might be best to breed to a high visible/stat pat of the same species as the wild pet you get from the tutorial doesn't have many traits or stats that it can pass on to offspring.

I am only allowed to have 2 pets in my party, but I have a bunch of slots in my stable. If I enter a pet into my party, can I switch it? If I have slots in my stable, does that mean I can have as many pets as I want in my stable, but still only 2 slots in my party?

You can switch party members by going to "Explore" > "Party" , then adding and subtracting the pets you'd like to use. Keep in mind that the first pet in your party will get attacked the most, so it's best to have a high health/agility pet in the first party slot.
You can have as many pets as slots in your stable. Hatchery pets won't count towards this and will need an open slot in order to be added to your stable, so remember to make sure you have space or your hatchery pets will be released when they hit adulthood. (It is possible to get them back, but there's a fee.)
You can eventually have up to 3 pets in your party with the current story.

Hope that helped~! Feel free to ask if you have any more questions. :)
Bubbadita
Level 36
Posted: 8/10/2016 at 5:59 AM Post #3
@Imperium

Thank you very much, this was incredibly helpful! I appreciate it very much and if I have any more questions, I will send you a message. Thanks again!
Edited By Bubbadita on 8/10/2016 at 5:59 AM.
Bubbadita
Level 36
Posted: 8/10/2016 at 6:00 AM Post #4
Not sure if that last messaged pinged you. I am still getting used to everything. :D
Bubbadita
Level 36
Posted: 8/14/2016 at 7:29 AM Post #5
I have a few more questions. Would you still be willing to answer?
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Posted: 8/14/2016 at 10:36 AM Post #6
Absolutely~ :)
Bubbadita
Level 36
Posted: 8/15/2016 at 8:28 AM Post #7
Thanks very much for your help!

I think I may have figured out the answer to one question.
I was wondering if you could ad genes and mutations to a pet. It looks like you can only add them to captured pets and only 1 time?

My other question I am still curious about. When you are battling and you see a sylvesti (i.e.-uncommon qitari), what do the stars mean above their description? Also what does it mean if they're glowing green or blue?
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Posted: 8/15/2016 at 9:08 AM Post #8
Your first question and answer is correct~ :)
You can use mutators to add traits to captured pets only once~
Lesser mutators will give you a random trait in an open slot, either carried or visible.
Greater mutators allow you to add a visible trait of your choice.

The more stars an enemy has, the more difficult the enemy is to defeat.

As for coloration:

White Stars = Common = 0GP
Green Stars = Uncommon = 1GP
Blue Stars = Rare = 2GP
Purple Stars = Epic = 4GP
Yellow/Orange Stars = Legendary = 6GP
Red Stars = Mythical = 8GP

The color of the stars determines the rarity of the pet and how many trait points it has. It's possible to catch a tamed pet with 4 visible traits~! Although it is incredibly rare. I've only seen one mythical pet in the wild during my entire time on Sylestia and Legendary and Mythical pets appear only in the third area and festival zones.
Bubbadita
Level 36
Posted: 8/15/2016 at 9:12 AM Post #9
Thank you very much! That is very helpful!

I was hoping you could use multiple mutators. Oh well! I am happy that I know now. Thanks again!
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Posted: 8/15/2016 at 9:13 AM Post #10
I know the feeling~! xD That's honestly one of the reasons I started collecting legendary/mythical pets. :) They're great to work with, albeit a bit difficult because the traits they start out with are random~ I can show you some examples if you'd like? :D
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.