Level 56
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 24
Posted: 8/4/2016 at 10:23 PM Post #1
Chapter 1
Ref pic for Flicker: (only younger)
Cadell ref pic:
Inkheart ref pic:
Flicker floated lazily on the thick summer air. Despite the relaxing warmth and gentle winds in the sky, he surveyed the endless sea below him wearily. He knew Cadell would have wasted no time in sending a search party the moment Flicker had escaped. That was one of the reasons he had gone to the Ocean. From what he had heard the sylestis of the ocean didn't want anything to do with Inkheart and her searchers. Flicker shuddered as he thought of the terror that had pierced his heart as Inkheart looked over him and his fellow sylestis whom with he was raised, deciding which ones would serve her and which ones she would send to her arena, her decisions advised by her knowers. One day he would back to free them to, but first he had to get stronger. Without the anonymous help from one of the guards he would of never escaped in one piece.
Edited By Cakedragon33 on 8/6/2016 at 9:15 AM.
Cakedragon33
Level 56
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 8/5/2016 at 4:53 PM Post #2
Lace ref pic:
Flicker froze, interrupted from his thoughts by a movement in the endless expanse of water below him. "Probably just a fish" he thought, diverting his attention instead to the small island that he was quickly approaching on. The instructions that the mysterious guard who had helped him escape had left for him included directions to this island, telling Flicker to meet him there, and, and the guard had seemed very particular about this, to not talk to any other sylestis. He swooped down and landed on the soft white sands of the island's beach, pleasantly warm beneath his talons. Only seconds after Flicker had landed a black Sylvorpa with beautiful white markings emerged from the waves. "Who are you, and why have you landed on my home?"
Edited By Cakedragon33 on 8/6/2016 at 9:16 AM.
Cakedragon33
Level 56
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 8/6/2016 at 6:25 PM Post #3
Chapter 2
"Your... Home?" Flicker asked. He couldn't see any caves or nests anywhere. What was this crazy vorpa talking about? The black and white sylesti sighed. "I suppose you wouldn't know. You don't exactly seem like the brightest sylesti." Flicker objected to this statement, but the sylvorpa ignored him and continued anyway. "Well, this island is an ancient island belonging to the sylvorpas. There used to only be a few of us living here, but since Inkheart started stealing egglings and hatchlings, majority of the sylvorpas have moved to this island. Only Vorpas, or someone who has been given directions by a vorpa can find this place. Oh! I just realized I haven't given you my name! I'm Lace. What's your name? And who gave you directions to this island?". It took a second for Flicker to take in everything that Lace had said (she certainly was a talker), but after processing all of this new info he answered her. "I'm Flicker. Nice to meet you. I don't know who gave me directions here, but I do know that they were posing as a guard for Inkheart, and that they were interested in helping me escape for some reason.". Lace's eyes widened at this. "Wait, you were taken by Inkheart? How the heck did you escape?!" Flicker began to tell her that he had already told her how, but was interrupted by another Vorpa rising from the waves.
Edited By Cakedragon33 on 8/24/2016 at 1:45 PM.
Cakedragon33
Level 56
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 8/7/2016 at 6:49 PM Post #4
Note; I can't continue with my story until enough people enter the contest to create the sylvorpa who helped Flicker escape here; https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=38333
Cakedragon33
Level 56
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 8/8/2016 at 2:04 PM Post #5
Characters to come:
Inkheart's mate, Reaver:
Inkheart's pup, Bold:
Universal Sky:
Dust:

Ancient:
Edited By Cakedragon33 on 8/9/2016 at 1:26 PM.
Cakedragon33
Level 56
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 8/23/2016 at 8:27 PM Post #6
(I am so sorry that this story is taking so long to update, for some reason my computer is having some troubles running this website, so it might be a little while :P)
Cakedragon33
Level 56
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 8/24/2016 at 2:00 PM Post #7
Ref pic for Reena: (design and character by Livinginmyownreality)
Chapter 3.
The new Vorpa was a beautiful pale yellow and purple, covered in intricate designs. As she laid her eyes on Flicker and Lace she jumped a bit. "Oh h-hello" she said. "I wasn't expecting you to get here so quickly. My name's Reena, by the way.". "Hello Reena, I think I saw you walking around Inkheart's castle before. Nice to formally meet you. Would you mind telling me why you brought me here or even decided to help me at all?" "Oh yeah! Sorry about that." She said shuffling her feet. "you must be pretty confused. I'll start from the beginning. Of my life, I mean. My mother is the future leader of her village. We lived in one of the villages that had made certain deals with Inkheart in order to prevent their children from being forcibly sent to her. A part of our villages deal with Inkheart was that we would send her a couple hatchlings to her every once in awhile. As future village leader, my mother was required to send two of her children to Inkheart. She chose me and my older brother, Prawn. Prawn had wanted to go to Inkheart his entire life. She was something of an idol to him, whereas I had always wanted to be a healer. My mother hoped that sending me to Inkheart would help me grow stronger and less timid. Needless to say, her plan didn't exactly work out. Inkheart even began calling me Fidget due to my jumpiness. Prawn climbed the ranks and became one of Inkheart's favorites, while I stayed at rock bottom. Inkheart couldn't treat me that badly, as that would contradict the agreements she had with our village, but I still got pushed around a lot. I was given all of the worst jobs, and if I failed I would be punished more severely than necessary. One day after being treated worse than usual, I decided to run away." Flicker opened his mouth to speak, but before any words came out, Reena began to speak again. "Before I ran away, however, I overheard something very interesting that deeply affects you. You know Inkhearts Seer's and their prophecies, right?" Flicker nodded in conformation. "Well, I overheard a prophecy that went like this: 'A Flicker of light is all it takes to break an inky darkness, yet without someone to carry the light it shall become an ashy carcass'. And that's why I took the risk of freeing you! Inkheart would've killed you otherwise. The reason I asked you to this island was so that we can train you to fight! We can't have you facing Inkheart completely untrained after all!" I have no idea what she just said Flicker thought to himself. "Wait, so let me try to make sense of what you just told me. I'm apparently part of a prophecy that says that I will defeat Inkheart, but without someone to carry me I'll die? I'm not sure how I feel about that last part.". "That's the gist of it. We still have to decipher it a little, but that's what we have gathered from it so far.

(I know, my prophecy skills aren't exactly top notch to say the least.)
Edited By Cakedragon33 on 8/31/2016 at 8:05 PM.

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.