Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > God's and Goddesses! [Game!]
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Yovi
Level 66
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 18
Posted: 6/19/2016 at 11:11 PM Post #1
Hello folks! XD As you can see in the title, you must've guessed that this is about God's and Goddesses! I'm sorry if I can't reply to you, I only have to time for a few people. Sadly, my hatchery just went to adult so there are some sylestis in tab 3, I will edit it to where the prize sylestis will be the first 6 in my tab 3. Read more for further information.
About the Game!
In this game , God's and Goddesses I will name a God or Goddess. What you have to do is make a sylesti that looks like or seems like the gods/goddesses sylesti! Yep that's right, God's and Goddesses have sylestis now too! XD

Rules
1. Design a sylesti that would be the God's or Goddesses pet sylesti
2. There will be 6 rounds total.
3. There will be a bonus round at the end of the game.(The 6th round)
4. You can NOT compete in the game once you've won a round.
5. Ping me!

6. This will end when all 6th rounds are finished
7. The winner of the round will get a 1G sylesti from my stables in tab 3! (I'll have 6 of the sylesti up there tomorrow.)
8. You can join whenever you want!
9. You can only enter 2 times in each round
10. Ping others so the game will still go on!
11. Have fun!

First Theme!
Create Ra's pet sylesti! Ra is an Eygiptian God, he was originally the God of all Eygiptian Gods and Goddesses, but the Goddess Isis tricked him into abandoning his throne for her husband,(Which got chopped up into cubes by his brother awhile after when he got his throne) sense Ra was originally God of all Gods and Goddesses he was the God of the sun!
Edited By Yovi on 6/20/2016 at 12:42 PM.
Eots
Level 61
Fright Master
Threads: 10
Posted: 6/20/2016 at 12:05 AM Post #2
This design's name is Mau. It is a depiction of the cat which defeated Apep, the serpent of chaos.

The gold represents sunlight and warmth, while the two peaks of the crown as well as the tail symbolize the two uraeus cobras that encircle the Eye of Ra.

For an image of Mau, click here:
Yovi
Level 66
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 6/20/2016 at 12:17 AM Post #3
Well designed pet for Ra! It also does look like the cat goddess who was Ra's loyal cat goddess Bast. (Just for the nerd I am, I believe the cat goddesses name who defeated Apop was named Bast. I'm sorry if I'm being a bit to nerdy)
Edited By Yovi on 6/20/2016 at 12:23 AM.
Eots
Level 61
Fright Master
Threads: 10
Posted: 6/20/2016 at 5:23 AM Post #4
Oh, I'm sure you're right. I don't know too much about gods or goddesses myself; it's just that that's what the website I was using called it.
Mccauley1
Level 67
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 90
Posted: 6/20/2016 at 6:45 AM Post #5
The Eye of Ra

According to one myth, Ra (who was at that point the actual Pharaoh of Egypt) was becoming old and weak and the people no longer respected him or his rule. They broke the laws and made jokes at his expense. He did not react well to this and decided to punish mankind by sending an aspect of his daughter, the Eye of Ra. He plucked her from the Ureas (royal serpent) on his brow, and sent her to earth in the form of a lion. She waged war on humanity slaughtering thousands until the fields were awash with human blood. When Ra saw the extent of the devestation he relented and called his daughter back to his side, fearing that she would kill everyone. However, she was in a blood lust and ignored his pleas. So he arranged for 7,000 jugs of beer and pomegranate juice (which stained the beer blood red) to be poured all over the fields around her. She gorged on the "blood" and became so drunk that she slept for three days and awoke with a terrible hangover. Thus mankind was saved from her terrible vengeance.

There are a number of different versions of the myth, and a number of goddesses are given the title "Eye of Ra", in particular Hathor, Sekhmet, Tefnut, Bast, Mut, Nekhbet and Wadjet . The "Daughter of Ra" was sometimes symbolised as a Cat who protected Ra from the serpent Apep (linking it with the leonine aspects of Hathor, Bast, Sekhmet, Tefnut, Mut, Nekhbet and Wadjet amongst others). The Cat was also thought to be able to cure and scorpion or snake bite and was associated with the goddesses Isis (although she is only linked to the symbol in its protective function).
Mccauley1
Level 67
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 90
Posted: 6/20/2016 at 6:46 AM Post #6
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=37269&page=1#3
Author: Yovi
Time Posted: 6/20/2016 at 12:17 AM
Well designed pet for Ra! It also does look like the cat goddess who was Ra's loyal cat goddess Bast. (Just for the nerd I am, I believe the cat goddesses name who defeated Apop was named Bast. I'm sorry if I'm being a bit to nerdy)

a number of goddesses are given the title "Eye of Ra", in particular Hathor, Sekhmet, Tefnut, Bast, Mut, Nekhbet and Wadjet . The "Daughter of Ra" was sometimes symbolised as a Cat who protected Ra from the serpent Apep
PureBloodBlackRose
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 80
Posted: 6/20/2016 at 7:36 AM Post #7
The Neverending Anger

Sun's Spirit

Enjoy! ^^
Enyo
Level 70
Nature Walker
Threads: 14
Posted: 6/20/2016 at 10:02 AM Post #8
Fire of the Sun

The powerful fire of Ra brings light and life, but is also dangerous and can burn.
Among the goddesses who bear the title of Eye of Ra, most are lioness goddesses: Sekhmet, his instrument of vengeance, Bast, a cat goddess associated with home but also a warrior lioness, Tefnut the "Lady of Flame". Even Mut was sometimes represented as lioness in the latest periods. A lighira, lion-like fabled sylesti who loves dry and hot climate would be a perfect companion for Ra!
The sylesti and its colors and traits are inspirated by ancient egyptian art, in particular by the representations and symbols of Ra, and of Sekhmet, Bastet and Tefnut.
Edited By Enyo on 6/20/2016 at 10:05 AM.
Analieza
Level 64
The Majestic
Threads: 6
Posted: 6/20/2016 at 10:26 AM Post #9
The Power of Maat:

In Egyptian mythology, Maat was represented by a feather, and was weighed in the realm of Osiris against a human heart after death. If the heart was lighter than the feather, or pure, the soul would move on to a better afterlife with the gods and goddesses, but if it weighed more, the person was fed to a crocodile monster. Matt represents balance, which is put into play in the story of he Eye of Ra's leaving Egypt. Hathor, a goddess depicted with a cow's head, was both Ra's eye and the symbol of beauty and fertility throughout all of Egypt. Fed up and wanting to get away, Hathor left Egypt behind and went far away from her home. Upset and missing his Eye, Ra sent Thoth, a trickster god, to retrieve her. Disguised in the guise of a baboon, he approached Hathor, who was in the form of the goddess Bastet, and regaled her of stories of Egypt, and told her how her home was struggling without the balance her presence brought. When Thoth tried to convince her to return, she grew angry and transformed into Sekhmet, driving Thoth away. He returned later, and managed to lead her back to Egypt and Ra, where she once again became Hathor and restored balance to her people.

(Sorry if this is too long! I'm a mythology nerd XD)
Yovi
Level 66
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 6/20/2016 at 12:32 PM Post #10
Very nice design!
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.