Players 2,387 365
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,248,392 1,193
Generated 656,295 34
Captured 1,190,692 64
Bred 6,401,310 1,095
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > June's Monthly Avatar Items Released!
Page 2 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Blackfirm
Level 60
Threads: 5
Posted: 6/1/2013 at 4:29 PM Post #11
Did you really have to make the female version of the ninja outfit so... naked?
Yes, I know these outfits are only there to look pretty, but why do the boobs have to show like that? Why does the female outfit have to be so absolutely impractical while the male outfit is practical and covers up pretty much the whole body?
If you have to make the outfits show that much skin can't you make them that way for both genders?

Don't get me wrong, I generally really like the outfits, all the work you put into this, and how much choice we have when it comes to customising our avatars. So thanks for that, but at the same time I felt like these are legitimate questions...
Edited By 3508 on 6/1/2013 at 4:29 PM.
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 6/1/2013 at 5:00 PM Post #12
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 4/29/2024 at 9:05:46pm

Did you really have to make the female version of the ninja outfit so... naked?
Yes, I know these outfits are only there to look pretty, but why do the boobs have to show like that? Why does the female outfit have to be so absolutely impractical while the male outfit is practical and covers up pretty much the whole body?
If you have to make the outfits show that much skin can't you make them that way for both genders?

Don't get me wrong, I generally really like the outfits, all the work you put into this, and how much choice we have when it comes to customising our avatars. So thanks for that, but at the same time I felt like these are legitimate questions...

It was based off of Princess Kitana from Mortal Kombat.
Solistia
Level 60
Threads: 17
Posted: 6/1/2013 at 5:25 PM Post #13
No lie, I wanna show off sexy man chest at some point too |Db (one day Krin will let me 8u8 )
Sheechwan
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 150
Posted: 6/1/2013 at 5:28 PM Post #14
What it felt like recently.

Yesterday(I think) :
(Me talking to my boyfriend)
Darling just input those freaking Diamonds NOW!
-Why, you can't wait?
No, I have a feeling! OwO

Today :
Login to Sylestia and see MotD, click and check.
Oh my! I want these, how much?!
Then I go to the Avatar Shop, check price... Hmm,
I hope that include everything, because 2k is lots.
Open sets and check if it's all in there. It is so I'm
totally happy!

Happy I forced Joe to put in my Diamonds, even if
Paypal without account paying is a pain, at least, it
was possible and I could have my Wyvern*strikes*
I mean Ny'Vene Essences~

Then, I bought the few other Diamonds Items I wanted
first, except one, I'm out of money lol~ XD
Maybe next time... o.o"
Cranberry
Level 60
Holiday Caroler
Threads: 20
Posted: 6/1/2013 at 5:45 PM Post #15
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 4/29/2024 at 9:05:46pm

It was based off of Princess Kitana from Mortal Kombat.

Picture for people who don't know the character.
And I thought there was something familiar about that outfit, lol.

Though, I do understand where Blackfirm is coming from; some of the outfits do show a lot of skin. But its not like all the outfits do; and I think its not a bad thing to have the option. I mean, its not to the point of being distasteful or anything; and for every female avenger outfit or female ninja where a good sneeze might pop things free; there's an elegant dress, or council robes to cover up if you'd rather, or a warrior's outfit or demon hunter's armor to have more realistic protection. There really are a lot of options, something for everyone. And better still, some of the outfits are androgynous enough that if you put on the male base, you can still look girly without showing a lot of skin. Like the Pirate's outfit. So its like we have even more clothing options than the guys do, since most of them aren't going to wear the female looks.
And as for making things even; Maybe if they make a barbarian outfit we can get something with a little more male skin to it? Or a merman look?

---

Anyway; I snagged some of the items. Too pretty to not have! I am glad I got some extra diamonds at the Memorial Day sale!
Edited By 4181 on 6/1/2013 at 5:53 PM.
PopRunner
Level 30
Threads: 1
Posted: 6/1/2013 at 6:17 PM Post #16
*_* I think this set's one of my favorites.
Looove it!
Mylia
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 29
Posted: 6/1/2013 at 6:54 PM Post #17
Mystic Staff of Saphryn = Coolness... o.o"

New objective! :
Blackfirm
Level 60
Threads: 5
Posted: 6/1/2013 at 7:07 PM Post #18
Okay, can't sleep before I clarify this.
I'm sorry if the phrasing in my first post didn't show what I meant. I don't have a problem with the nakedness per se. It's good to give players options.
If you don't want to wear a lot of clothes, that's totally okay. If you want to cover yourself up completely, that's totally okay as well.
The problem I do have with this set is that the female version is so different to the male version, which is an issue in so many games/comic books/etc. It's great that you base an outfit on a character design, and obviously you've changed it to make it more appropriate for Sylestia, but why couldn't you just make a male version based on the same character? It's not like there aren't any genderswapped/genderbent/male fanversions of her (this, this, this, or even this), and just have a "real" ninja outfit for both genders as well?
Sorry if I come off as too harsh on this, or unreasonable. I only decided to make these posts because I care about Sylestia, and think it can be a game that gives both genders the option to show off some skin or not should they choose to do so. This just isn't the case for so many other games. However, I think it's important to address things like this, because Sylestia is still so young and has a chance of becoming much more awesome than other games out there v.v That includes the way players are able to dress.

@Cranberry
Yeah, I still think it's cool that some of the male outfits are so androgynous~ :3
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 6/1/2013 at 7:14 PM Post #19
It's really much simpler than you're making it out to be lol.

We only commission so much for the monthly items. We wanted both a ninja and katana-like outfit. We can't really release (nor does Solistia have the time) to make more than 2 outfits per month.

So, we made the male version the ninja and the female version katana.

We have many outfits that are the same on both bases. Namely, the dresses. I believe we have at least 3 dresses that are dresses on both male and female. Also, the vast majority of our outfits are the same design on both bases.

So it really isn't anymore complicated than that. There was no hidden motive or secret message behind it.

Sometimes we make outfits the same for both bases - sometimes we make them different. It just depends on the circumstances surrounding the project.
Chasitynoir
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 7
Posted: 6/1/2013 at 8:33 PM Post #20
Omg, so hope we have some money left over in our budget this month. Soooo want! <3
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.