Forum Index > Breeding Discussion > Genes and Mutations
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Kinuna
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 86
Posted: 5/27/2013 at 11:23 PM Post #1
I know this sounds weird, but I like to play with the breeding grounds and u wont guess what I discovered.
Males tend to have the ability to enforce their genetic mutations, whether or not carried or shown, especially if the female carries/ shows a mutation. Now not I said A mutation, one of my females carries spirit flames and I tried seeing the outcome of her mating with a male carrying butterfly wings, the out come about somewhere around 25 to 50% chance of butterfly wings, spirit flames did not exist for any babies I've seen so far (and I do this at least 20times). I've also noticed something similar with females, except with genes. If a male and female carry/show a gene even if the males gene is different, say paint instead of tribal, the females tribal gene will appear regardless.
I find it odd, although the mutation part with males makes sense based off learning about genes in class. Mutations tend to be more likely from males in real life. COMMENTS!
VampVixen
Level 61
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 57
Posted: 5/28/2013 at 9:34 AM Post #2
This would be ineresting. However, some genes are simply more dominant than others. Let's run back to the wings/flames for a moment. If you breed a Zolnixi that has Butterfly Wings with a Zolnixi that has Spirit Flames, the Butterfly wings will almost always show.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong lol.
MakeshiftDemon
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 52
Posted: 5/28/2013 at 9:53 AM Post #3
Well as far as the Spirit Flames, Butterfly Wings thing goes, Butterfly Wings are dominant to Spirit Flames, and you will never get Spirit Flames from the 2 Zolnixi. Same goes with the Tribal Markings and Paint. Tribal Markings are dominant to Paint.

However I think it WOULD be interesting if it were made that males are more likely to give genes to the child than the mother. However I think that would only complicate breeding.
Sylvette
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 91
Posted: 5/28/2013 at 10:28 AM Post #4
I would like to add that you can check out a specie's gene dominancy by checking out their image address or generators.

For example, I have a lupora with double spots. Doesn't matter what gender, because I believe that currently the gene inheritance chance does not differ from male and female. Ok, and now we have a lupora with tribal markings.

On the image address, you will find the gene 1 (gd1) will have a code saying CC for double spots and BB for tribal markings.

This means that BB (tribal markings) is more dominant then CC (double spots). Now let's look at the generators. You will see that in the Gene design 1 drop-down menu, Tribal markings comes second, then it's double spots. This also means that Tribal markings is more dominant than double spots. Thus, when breeding, you will have a larger chance of the offspring showing Tribal markings, but also carrying Double spots wayyy back in the background. Currently, there is no way to see if an offspring carries another gene in the same slot without looking at their image address, but it is planned in the future to show when tested.

Hope this helps
Edited By 3716 on 5/28/2013 at 10:52 AM.
MakeshiftDemon
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 52
Posted: 5/28/2013 at 10:44 AM Post #5
You can actually tell if a gene is carried while a dominant one shows by looking at the image url. With the example you provided sylvette if you look at the Lupora's offspring in the GD1 it would say BC or B showing with C hidden
Sylvette
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 91
Posted: 5/28/2013 at 10:52 AM Post #6
oh woops Thanks Makeshiftdemon!! :3 I've edited my post to add that point XD
Shadowhope
Level 60
Threads: 0
Posted: 5/28/2013 at 3:11 PM Post #7
I've found that if you breed two sylesti's togeather and both show for example one of the gene one traites (different ones) than the baby will always show one or the other. like when I bred one of my sylesti's that showed feathered wings and advanced runes, and carried cheetah spots with an sylesti that showed Demon wings advanced runes and Flame markings. The result would always have advanced runes; no suprise there; but always showed feathered wings and 3/4s of the time cheetah spots too. I think that the genes that were added first are probably more dominant over the ones that were added later.

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.