Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Battle Discussion > Can't defeat Creith
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Chaoz
Level 56
Threads: 11
Posted: 5/18/2016 at 2:01 PM Post #1
I've defeated bandit lackeys, found the fairies, and am on the quest Interrogate the Interrogates. I've tried the boss battle twice and just can't win. Every time I just get bombarded with attacks and die - I have to use a potion every turn towards the end! My Sylesti (an Aurleon) is focused on intelligence and health, with 90 intelligence and 1,448 health. She's level 15, so I thought it would be enough beat the boss. Do I need to train more? Am I using a poor battle strategy? Am i just being stupid and missing something? Is it supposed to be this hard? I accidentally chose negotiate, thinking it would be the pacifist option AKA try to get info without attacking, not reveal the queens location. Does that option make the battle harder? Will it have consequences in the story? Can I undo my choice?
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 5/19/2016 at 12:28 AM Post #2
No you can't undo your choice, and it doesn't make the battle easier/harder. The story changes a little, but nothing major.

Do you have 2 pets in your party? Cause by now you should be able to have a second pet. You'll need it. If you don't go to the plaza in the town, and pay the trainer for the 2nd slot.

Also, I'll recommend you to read this guide: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=11101

Basically, choose either strength or intelligence for your pets. If you add points to one, don't add any points to the other. Which is what you've done so far, so that's good.

For proficiency tree, make sure it matches the stat profile you've chosen.

For equipment, use those that add more to strength/intelligence, whichever you chose, instead of those that add more points to the other stat, or split points equally between both/all stats. Relics should give more physical bonus if you chose strength, or magical bonus if you chose intelligence. Don't use those that add equal bonus between both damage types.
Chaoz
Level 56
Threads: 11
Posted: 5/19/2016 at 3:47 PM Post #3
Phew, I was worried! I play a lot of MCGs and VNs so I take video game choice a bit too seriously.

Gah! I don't! That must have been my mistake! Ah, I feel like such a moron, I completely forgot about! I've gottan a second party member, but I'm worried about level - he's only level 9. Should I do some grinding in Trollsbright cavern?

*shoves face into words because I shall read everything*

As a competative Pokemon player, those instincts seem to have carried over, one of those being training for specific stats. (Next thing you know I'm going to try checking my Sylesti's IVs and natures....)

I've focused on the light path, points in health & intelligence improvement.

Here's my current item load out:

1st: Delicate Relic Of The Crusader, Crude Armor Of The Myrmidon, Lady Elora's Bracelet, & Warm Fuzzy Bracelet (That last one sounds so out of place XD)

2nd: Frail Relic Of The Myrmidon (going to upgrade once at lvl 10), Frail Armom Of The Myrmidon, Frail Bracelet Of The Crusader, & Fluffy Truffle Bracelet (Why are the last ones so out of place?!)

Is this a good item roster? Also, Is that a rainbow wolf/dragon behind your avatar??? I swear, half of these players are plotting to conquer the world....
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 5/20/2016 at 5:21 AM Post #4
Your pets don't need to be the same level. It'll help, but it's not necessary. The enemy level will remain the same either way for most places. If you're fighting in a raid, or during festivals though, the enemies will scale to the level of your highest pet.

I don't remember or take note of the equipment names. Lol. =P
If you hover your mouse over the item, you can see the item description. I'll aim for strength/intelligent (whichever you chose) and agility for the first pet, or dexterity for the other two. Choose agility if you want your pet to receive less damage, dexterity to deal more damage. So it depends on what you want.

And yes, it's a rainbow wolf, born from a forbidden love between the dark and light wolf clans of shadow stalkers. Her name is Aurora, and she stalks me from the shadows, protecting me from any harm. [Totally made that up but whatever xD ]

Btw, to inform someone that you're talking to them in the forums, click the @ symbol at the bottom right of their post. They will receive a "ping", notifying them that someone's talking to them. Like how I'm doing for you. =)

This Page loaded in 0.023 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.