Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > How to Post a Thread- Help for New-Bies
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Dauntlessscale1
Level 50
Threads: 144
Posted: 3/4/2016 at 5:55 PM Post #1
Hello New-Bies its Dauntlessscale1, but everyone calls me Dauntless. In this Thread Im gonna try my best to explain in a very simple way how to make a Thread. Here we go:

Step One:
First go to the Forums. It depends which type of thread you want to do, where you're gonna go. If you want to make a game or something like that, you go to where is says: "Games, Contests, and Giveaways". If you want to sell a pet, you go to where it says: "Pet Auctions", etc.

Step Two:
No matter where you went, if you scroll down the page all the way to the bottom right next to the page numbers, there will be a blue button that says: "New Thread". Click it.

Step Three:
Once you're there. You have to put the name of your thread where it says: "Enter Subject", you can also Ping people where it says: "Username 1, Username 2", which means: Put the username of players you would like to see your thread, or that have been asked to be pinged for the specific thread/post you're making. You have to be sure though when you ping people, because if a player didn't want you to ping them, they could get a little annoyed. And where it says: "Enter message", you write everything that you want to show in the first post of your thread. Basically that is where you explain what your thread is about.

All the Tools:
There are a bit of tools between where you ping players and put your message. I will try to explain each one of them.

The B Button means Bold so how this works is you type a word. Highlight the word with your arrow, and then click the B and it should look like this: [ b ] Word [ / b ] <--- without the spaces. And that should make your word bold. Like this: Word

The I means Italic. So this works exactly like the Bold except it makes your words Italic. Like this: Word

The U means Underline. It also works like the Bold and Italic except it underlines the word. Like this: Word

The Sub Button means: tiny words at the bottom. So if you use it it looks like this: Hello. Its like this next to words: Words Word Words

The Sup button means: tiny words at the top. So if you use this it will look like this: Hello. Its like this next to words: Words Word Words

The Str button means "Scratch it off". Basically its a ----------- line over the words you put that choice on. Like this: Word

The AA Button is used to change the Size of your words or letters. Like this: WordWordWordWord

The AA Button is used to change the colors of your words or letters. Like this: Word Word Word

Then there are 3 buttons with lines on them. That's to change the position of your words. The first one is to put your words on the left side of your page (which isn't really useful because words are already on the left side). The second is to put your words in the center of your page. And the last one is to put the words on the right side of the page.

The most important Tools:

The URL Button it what you use to put links. All you have to do is copy the link of the page you want to use. Then put click that button URL, which will give you: [ u r l ] [ / u r l ] <---- without the spaces in between, and in that space in between you put the link, and Voila!

The IMG Button is used the same way as the URL, but to put the pictures. All you have to do is copy the Image's URL. Not the Link URL and put it in between the lines: [ i m g ] IN THIS SPACE [ / I m g ]<----- without the spaces again.

The URL= Button is used to make a word or a sentence a link. So when you click it, it takes you to a page. All you have to do is write something, then highlight it without your arrow, and click the URL= button. After you do that add the link of where you want the sentence to go and click Confirm! It will look something like this: [ u r l = h t t p : / / w w w . S y l e s t I a . c o m / s t a b l e s / ? p l a y e r = 2 1 6 9 9 ] My Stables [ / u r l ]
An Example: My Stables

The IMG= Button is used to make a picture clickable. All you have to do is post the Image's URL, highlight it with your arrow, click the IMG= Button and put the link that you want people to go to when they click the picture. Useful for when posting Sylesti Pet pictures that you want people to click so they can see their information.

So that's pretty much it. If you have any other questions about this, please message me and I will do my best to answer it. ^w^

This Page loaded in 0.006 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.