Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Other Fiction > Rocky Story: An Original Tale
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Angelkitty77
Level 60
Threads: 3
Posted: 2/14/2016 at 2:09 PM Post #1
Disclaimer: I got bored, so I decided to write a story. I am not the best at story telling, so if there are any errors made (Grammar, Continuity, eta) just remember that I am a newbie and I am just doing this for fun.
With that being said, enjoy the story. :3

Chapter 1
A New Story

A tall figure stands at the edge of the gaping mouth in the ground as they study every shadow and rock in the afternoon sun. Memories rush through their head like peaceful a creek, remembering friends, family, choices both painful and exciting. They have lost themselves in their past.

Then a familiar voice in their head snapped their mind back to the present. "Are you thinking about your past again?" says the hardy voice.

The figure looks down at the dual-handed war hammer they are clutching in their right hand and replies, "How could I not, Roch? I miss them so much, I can't stop thinking about them."

They hear a sigh. "You have to try to let go of the past. You can't move forward while looking back or you will trip and get yourself hurt."

They look at the ravine again, knowing what he says is true. They know they can't go back without paying a high price. They know they can go back, but not without the guilt they will experience if they do. No, they have to stay, they have to stay strong and not look back, but no matter how hard they tried, they cannot prevent their mind from drifting off into their memories. Except in battle, they always, somehow, stay focused when they fight. They think about when they first found Roch, they remember the dark underground tunnel that led to the pedestal where the hammer rested. They remember the argument they and the tiny guardian had. Remembering that the guardian was with them they look down on a dark brown sphere with ridges.

Hehe, you are still tiny for a supposed guardian, they thought.

The sphere opens to reveal an armadillo about twice the size of an average sized armadillo.

"Are you done staring at this lifeless abyss?" squeaked the armadillo.

They chuckle, "Yes, I am."

The armadillo looks up at them with beady eyes. "Do warriors like you always have to waste time like this?"

The warrior sighs. "Well, Sera, I have to take a break every once in a while. I'm not ready for my hair to turn gray just yet," they reply jokingly.

Sera climbs up onto the warrior's tanned leather armor and bumps her head against their dark green rice hat as she settles onto their shoulder. The warrior pats Sera on her fuzzy head then walks off to the south. Their mind has drifted off again and the warrior thinks about what could happen in the future as they walked.

To Be Continued

Heyo. :3 Just here to say that this post didn't originally have To Be Continued, and that I didn't write an end message on here before. .3. Actually I think you can tell I mean if I had I wouldn't be telling you this... Anyway! Thank you for reading and I hope you have a nice day. :3 Until next time, on... Rocky Story!
(Future me here. I don't know why I said that I originally didn't write an ending message here. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. :^P Now I know how Karkat feels. Dunno who that is? Go read Homestuck, its awesome. :3 Bye.) (This post has been up-dated to the color text)
Edited By Angelkitty77 on 3/19/2016 at 5:06 PM.
Maddiebird
Level 58
Threads: 11
Posted: 2/14/2016 at 2:13 PM Post #2
Awesome so far, Angel!
Jodjo
Level 58
Lucky Leprechaun
Threads: 7
Posted: 2/14/2016 at 2:16 PM Post #3
So cool! sounds awesome!
Angelkitty77
Level 60
Posted: 2/14/2016 at 2:20 PM Post #4
X3 Omg thank you...
I'll post the next part another day. :3 I am really enjoying writing my original stories for others to enjoy.
Edited By Angelkitty77 on 2/14/2016 at 2:21 PM.
Angelkitty77
Level 60
Posted: 2/14/2016 at 4:24 PM Post #5
I know I said that I would make chapter 2 on another day, but, I didn't want to wait. X3 So here is chapter 2. (Hi, this is Future Kitty, I don't know why I thought I said I'd post Chapter 2 on a different day. :p I don't know what I was thinking back then.)

Chapter 2
Village Of Farmers

After a few days of traveling south, the warrior and their two companions, Roch and Sera, have arrived at a small village in the lush woods they called "Arcnic Village". The people who lived there are specialized in agriculture and always made their products with love and quality.

The warrior liked the forest here because the trees block most of the sun, except the rays that brighten the village. Though, at the same time, it makes the warrior uneasy.

The folk in the village are really friendly towards them, since, well, they have been attack by these strange creatures, these, stout trolls with toad heads, that people call "Crokos". They have a tendency to raid towns just to show that they can and will.

Lately, the warrior has been trying their best to defend the village from these raids, the village adored the warrior's acts... But the attention made the warrior anxious, so they would hang out in the trees near the village, and that was fine, they liked hanging out in the trees.

"You are drifting off again," Roch reminded.

The warrior is pulled back into reality. "Mm huh?"

"A warrior must always be on their guard, at all times."

The warrior rolls their eyes in annoyance. "I know, I'm sorry."

"You should be after not paying any attention to what I was saying."

They rub their nose to try to hide their embarrassment. "Um... So, what were you saying?"

"I sense the faint presence of hate near the village," Roch told them, "you should keep a sharp eye out for anything suspicious looking."

The warrior narrows their eyes. "Is it those darn Crokos again?"

"Afraid so."

The warrior patrols around the outside of the village. Don't they know when to quit? Its like they enjoy getting their-

The warrior didn't even get to finish their thought when a sudden burst of noise had erupted from the center of the village. The warrior rushes in right away as the sound of panicked screaming is heard.

As they get to the heart of the village, they are met with a terrible surprise. A twenty foot tall, muscular, gunky green Croko with a crude spiked club, has cornered a frail looking boy, and it glares at him with a hungry expression.

To Be Continued

Hehe, sorry about the cliff hanger... (not really, lol) but its gotta end this way. X3 Until next time, on... Rocky Story! (This post has been updated to color text)
Edited By Angelkitty77 on 3/19/2016 at 5:00 PM.
Maddiebird
Level 58
Posted: 2/14/2016 at 4:29 PM Post #6
Poor little boy
Go I-don't-know-your-name! Go save him!
XD
Angelkitty77
Level 60
Posted: 2/14/2016 at 8:00 PM Post #7
XD That's the idea. I have to keep the name a secret until the time comes to reveal it. Until then, they shall be referred as "The warrior".
Angelkitty77
Level 60
Posted: 2/15/2016 at 8:00 AM Post #8
:3 Good Morning to all who is reading this right when I posted this. Its time to see what happens next. Enjoy.

Chapter 3
A Gosh Darn Croko

The warrior stands in shock, they would have never thought a Croko could get that big, they were normally half the height of an average human.

Knowing that the boy would be killed if they just stood there, the warrior has to do something about it.

"Hey! Why don't you pick on someone your own size, you... bag of rot!" yelled the warrior. Sera stares at them in disbelief.

The Croko turns it's head toward them, it's glaring red eyes filled with anger.

... Maybe that wasn't the smartest thing to do, they thought as Sera rolls off of their shoulder.

The Croko charges at them at full speed with it's club raised and ready to swing, the warrior backs up slowly and readies their hammer.

The Croko swings downward at them, but knowing that one blow might be a fatal one, the warrior quickly dodges to the side and lands a heavy blow on it's kneecap. The Croko lets out a sickly croak as it is stuck and attempts to hit the warrior again. They again dodge the blow. The Croko is now furious and swings at them multiple times, each time it missed by and inch. The warrior's heart is beating out of their chest, not from the physical combat, but from the fear of getting impaled by the monstrous spiked club it is wielding. The Croko kicks the warrior against a building in frustration, knocking the wind out of them.

The Croko smiles cruelly as it walks up to them, ready to swing the finishing blow. The warrior gasps for air. I don't want to die, not like this...

Mustering up all the strength they have left, they attempt to lift their hammer up. The Croko swings down at them. The warrior manages to wedge the hammer between the ground and the club, letting them get their breath back.

The warrior laughs softly from surviving the clutches of death, but frowns at the realization that they would have to use drastic measures to get out of this completely.

"What are you waiting for? Are you just going to let me snap?" Roch questioned.

They didn't want to have to use their magical abilities in battle, but if it meant living to fight another day, then they would do it.

The warrior points at the ground with their finger where the Croko was standing, and flicks their finger up.

A thin column of dirt shoots up from beneath the Croko's feet, flinging it into the air and landing with a thud, head first.

The warrior gets up slowly, as much as they hated the Crokos, they were worried if it was still alive. They walk up to it and check for a pulse.

They sigh in relief as they feel the erratic pulse of the Croko.

Remembering about the boy, they look around to see if he is safe. There is no sign of him.

He must have went home. the warrior concluded, and started dragging the Croko to the edge of the village.

"Um... excuse me, sir?"

The warrior turns around and looks down, it was the boy from earlier.

"Thank you for saving me."

"O-oh, there's no need to thank me, really..." the warrior stuttered.

"Um, I want you to have this." The boy holds up a little wooden figurine, it was in the warrior's likeness.

"Wow, that is really good, did you make it yourself?"

The boy nods proudly. "I made this for you," the boy added. He hands it to them.

They looked at the figurine, every detail on the it was smoothly carved.

"What is your name?" they asked.

"Johnathon Stewards, sir," the boy replied.

The warrior kneels down. "Well Johnathon, I am very thankful for your gift, and I will remember you every time I look at it," they said in a warm tone.

"Thank you, sir!" Johnathon replied joyfully.

"Er... Maybe you would like to call me something else other than 'sir'?" The warrior thinks for a bit. "How about you call me 'Sam' instead?" they final asked.

"Okay, Sam," Johnathon agreed then runs off. "Goodbye!"

"Goodbye! Stay safe!" Sam replies. They smile as they look at the figurine then continues to drag the Croko out of the village.

To Be Continued

X3 I don't know about you guys, but this gives me feels, not to toot my own horn or anything. Next chapter will either be posted today or tomorrow, depending on how I feel. So with that being said, thanks for reading and have a great day. :3 And stay tuned for another chapter of Rocky Story! (This post has been up-dated to the color text.)
Edited By Angelkitty77 on 3/19/2016 at 4:59 PM.
Angelkitty77
Level 60
Posted: 2/15/2016 at 8:03 AM Post #9
Lol, I forgot to ping you. XD Sorry.
Maddiebird
Level 58
Posted: 2/15/2016 at 8:04 AM Post #10
Really awesome, Angel! And that's so cute, Jonathon giving Sam a little figurine of him.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.